“Had us in the lobby waiting for 3 hours”

Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West
Ranked #136 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Diego, California
“Had us in the lobby waiting for 3 hours”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

When we arrived (it was before checkin time) We were told our rooms would be ready in 30 mins. 3 hours go buy and check in time has passed and we still dont have either room. The front desk staff was rude and uninformed, i called and spoke with the GM (Javier Barajas) and he was no help and was rude himself. I will be calling and filing a complaint with IHG corporate.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gaurav S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Gaurav S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We apologize for any inconvenience in your check-in process that you experienced. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention, to give us the chance to improve future guests' experiences. We always encourage our guests to let us know right away if there are any issues or needs that they experience during their stay with us.

Ferdinand G
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Its a good hotel to spend a few nights in. Always know what you are getting in to. If you want to go sightseeing - this is not the place for you. If you want street life, restaurants etc - look elsewhere.
If you have a car, know a bit of the town and are looking for a reasonably priced place to stay - close enough to downtown LA - stay here.
The neighborhood is not the greatest, but the hotel and staff are nice.

Room Tip: Away from the highway
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear freq_traveler09,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Orlando
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The overall stay was ok, but the hotel shuttle service is not up the par. I chose this hotel because it was close the venue I had attend. The shuttle service to the venue was superb by Martin, but the shuttle service when we were scheduled to be picked up was terrible. We had a shuttle pick up scheduled at 5:30pm. We were not picked up until 6:30pm. There was not any apology, and the driver Juan stated he came there 3 times which was a bold face lie. I called the front desk and spoke with Dennis at least 4 times, and he had no sense of urgency. This issue was a big deal because we were women in an unknown place, and it was nearly dark when we were picked up. Martin was great, but Juan and Dennis was terrible.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Nik P

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I chose this hotel as I needed a suite to share with another family in the downtown area. The room was very large and had two queen beds and a queen sofa bed. Even with the sofa bed open, there was a ton of space left. The kitchenette included a fridge and a microwave oven. On the negative side, there was no door or even a real partition between the area with the queen beds and the adjacent room with the sofa bed so there was no privacy. The continental buffet breakfast was included and definitely a plus. We were told by the cab driver not to walk around the hotel at night for safety reasons, and we did not, although the neighborhood seemed ok by day. The hotel is 30 min from LAX and 45 min from Orange County Airport with no traffic.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear EnricoNovelli,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Garden Grove
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is my first time staying in this hotel and honestly I was a little bit worried when reading their online reviews specifically the location and safety! When I arrived at the location I was very surprised that the location is not bad at all! I was very happy I chose this hotel. Staff was awesome especially Yasmin (night shift), shuttle driver and Jose in the breakfast area! This hotel is well maintained, decent price and has a superb customer service. I stayed in room 502 and had the city view which was really nice!! My wife and kids loves this hotel!

Room Tip: Top floor city view!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Oh-oh-oh-0h
La Grange Park, Illinois
Reviewed 14 September 2013

+ No one was ever in the hot tub/ workout area. Great attentive staff. Plenty of free breakfast selections. Close to the highway. Typical urban area. I travelled with two small children and felt safe, but it may not look that way from the outside. Refrigerator in room.
- Wifi was spotty. They had several different ones and sometimes couldn't get it to work. Hallway roof leaked and they didn't seem in a hurry to fix. No microwave in room.
I paid a much lower rate than usually advertised which made this room seem like an excellent deal. If I had paid $200 a night it might not have seemed that way.

Room Tip: Wifi seems to work better on lower floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was a little cautious when I booked this hotel based on reviews I had read regarding its location, but my concerns were quickly alleviated when I arrived and met the staff. This is a great hotel, and if you're in town on business or vacation, it's a quick shuttle ride to the convention center, Staples Center, Nokia, and conference hotels. The front desk is especially helpful, and every single staff member that I encountered was exceptional. Kudos to this general manager, Xavier, for assembling such a strong team. Walter was extremely helpful, and Danny and Juan made sure I got where I needed to be and back again without fail.

The hotel is clean, comfortable, and safe. I would absolutely stay with this team again. Thank you for making it possible to unwind and get some much needed rest during my busy visit to L.A!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business