Hotel Solaire Los Angeles
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Mayfair Hotel(Los Angeles)
Travel Inn(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
City Center Hotel(Los Angeles)
  • Breakfast included
Tuscan Garden Inn(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
All reviewsa newly renovated roomdowntown lafront officelate at nighthispanicsirensmicrowaveuber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We booked this hotel for the July 4th Weekend. Surprisingly we got a deal and the location was closer to downtown. The room was large and the front desk receptionist was so helpful. Parking was not an issue. We got parking inside the facility.

I would rate this to be a very good budget hotel in Downtown LA. The neighbourhood is calm and good for a morning jogwalk. They serve basic breakfast (cereal, waffles, muffins) included with the hotel booking.

We enjoyed our stay and hope you have fun too..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our stay at Hotel Solaire was a little below average. For accommodation classed as Hotel it is not much better than a hostel stay. The room was fairly large and the receptionist on the evening shift was excellent. Unfortunately the receptionist working on our arrival (following 21 hours of travelling) was not helpful. We were just hoping to have a quick shower but unfortunately this was not possible before 3pm. Some flexibility in this would be a help. All in all a little below average for a hotel stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelboca
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room was clean and comfortable for the price. Has Air con but would be better if it was a mini split unit instead of a window type floor unit which does not really circulate the air very well.
I would say that this is more like an upscale motel rather than a hotel.

Staff were pleasant and helpful,

Would i use the hotel again? I think it would depend more on where i want to be in Los Angels at the time.

The negative is that they do not have sufficient parking and on busy days this may be a problem.
Also the parking has no real security and is open to the street/

Room Tip: Ask to be placed at the rear of the property
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here three nights (two beds, four adults), and it was fine. It is a very basic hotel, but it was clean, quiet, and all my interactions at the front desk went well. It's better than a Motel 6, for comparison's sake, and probably about the same price. Comes with a fridge for beer and leftovers, so points for that.

It's a primarily Hispanic neighborhood and a lot like Mission Street in San Francisco, for Bay Area reference. It is not amid primary tourist attractions, and a nearby liquor store is probably your biggest amenity. But it is very near the MacArthur Park/Westlake Metro station (red and purple lines), which goes straight into Hollywood and Koreatown. I also liked how central it was to things I was doing (downtown, K-town, Dodger Stadium, Echo Park).

Parking in their lot is $4 a day. I'd stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room with a balcony if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tara H
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very disappointed, Overall housekeeping staff friendly. I am VERY STRESSED out. In my 20 day stay I have had two inicidents with the hotel "over" authorizing my credit card for excess amounts totalling 400.00. Still trying to figure out where another approx 150.00 is? I called my bank card and theyre telling me they are waiting for hotel to send info asking for it to be reversed back off my card. I have had two conversations with GM and I am not very happy at all. Checking out today to find hotel that will not tie my money up in authorizations. You would think after staying there so long... their would be some loyalty on there part????
I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN...NOR RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE I KNOW,
Maybe you dont care, Hotel Solaire, but lots of people read these and other online reviews,
Also, I feel very deceived. Why would any front desk clerk take home my personal info. I had written down my info..gave to clerk to fax... and no one now knows where it is?? Think I will prolly cancel this credit card all together. Having trust issues

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business