“A good hotel”

Hotel Solaire Los Angeles
Ranked #175 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed 7 November 2009

Was in town for a concert at the Nokia Theater..The problems started as soon as we checked in..the lady at the front dest had a very bad attitude and was on the defensive for some reason..the bed only had sheets on it, went to shower and there were no face towels..called for some and they said they were out of them..and if I need anything I'd have to come down and get it..the sink was clogged. the toilet barely flushed, the shower knob would turn...It was horrible. Never again!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Investorshm, IHM Property Report at Hotel Solaire Los Angeles, responded to this review, 7 November 2009
We do apologize for the incovenieces you dealt with while staying at our hotel. Many changes are being made to better accomodate our guest. Our employees will be present a more friendly customer
service attitude, after they are re-evaluated. We do apologize again for these conflicts you had to deal with. We will have a hotel meeting to better present our hotel and customer service. Thank you for presenting these issues to us, again we do apologize and hope you reconsider staying with us in
the futures.
Sunny California
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I chose this hotel as it is close to USC (where I attend weekend classes). It provides pretty basic accomodations at a reasonable price in downtown LA. It's proximity to Staples Center and other attractions are it's only pluses.

The rooms themselves are reasonably clean. Given the general neighborhood, I would not recommend this hotel for families or people with young children.

I stay at this hotel two weekends a month when classes are in session. Since I arrive late at night and leave early in the morning, I was looking for basic accomodations that this hotel provides.

Pluses:
- Quick check-in
- Very cheap on-site parking ($2)
- Resonably clean (given the price)

Cons:
- Suspect location
- TV almost never clear!! I have stayed in four different rooms and they are all the same!
- The hotel corridors are a bit scary to walk in during the late hours of the night

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank svc1785
Investorshm, IHM Property Reporter at Hotel Solaire Los Angeles, responded to this review, 17 October 2009
We are glad you found the hotel reasonable for your stay while attending USC. Thank you very much for the review. Its always helpful hearing what our guest have to say about their stay. Also it helps us evaluate our weaks point to better strengthen them for future guest. We are unfortunate that their was some cons in your stay at the hotel. We will make note of your cons and will modify some things at the hotel to better accomodate guests. Thank you again for your stay and your review. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Thanks again for your time and patience, you have a wonderful day.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 20 September 2009

My dad and I stayed at this Downtown Comfort Inn for 11 days while I looked for an apartment. The location is not the best, but the building is very quant and offers all basics. The room was just right and soon became home. Thank you to the staff. It was a great stay!!

• Stayed August 2009
Investorshm, IHM Property Reporter at Hotel Solaire Los Angeles, responded to this review, 26 September 2009
We are apprasied that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. We are glad to hear that it was to your liking. We would like to thank you very much for the review. It is always great to read something positive. We again would like to thank you for your stay and hope you'll stay with us again in the future.
malvern, worcester, uk
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights and that was hard work we stayed in the room as least as we could make sure our day was packed full of stuff to do.

The service and breakfast the same as any comfort inn was great but the rooms where old and a bit shabby, clean but old looking like my great Nan’s house!! The pool was as big as a bath tub and mega cold. It’s in the heart of Mexican village they are every where and in your face and a bit scary at times. The metro was down the road so we used that to get to universal studios but would get there at like 9am and then get a taxi back from the park at 11 so it was a case of bed and sleep.

The rooms where clean but old. That’s about it really.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
Investorshm, IHM Properties Reporter at Hotel Solaire Los Angeles, responded to this review, 20 September 2009
We would like to thank you for your stay and very much your valuable review. We will be updating rooms and making them more comfortable and appleasing to the public eye. We are glad to hear that you had very good service here. We strive to meet that goal all the time. We do apologize for the long trip to Universal Sudios and hope that you will stay with us again. We would like to thank you again for your stay and your review.
NJ
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Though it looks fine when I see this hotel from outside, I feel a little bad walking the aisle.Then, I and my wife were shocked by detecting a bug on our bed. It was just before we went to bed in the middle of the night. When I inform the front desk, he offered me more luxurious room. However, I realized in the morning that I am bitten in the room. I think all rooms in that hotel are full of bugs so I don't recommend this hotel to anybody

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank md2785

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Lakewood, CA
Reviewed 24 June 2009

I have stayed in many Comfort Inn hotels and this one has by far been the best. The rooms are spotless and the service is superb. I will recommend this hotel to all visitors.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business