“The perfect welcome ! ”

Ranked #108 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The perfect welcome ! ”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

After a long and stressful flight I was pleased to be greeted by a very friendly guy on the front desk, which made me and my newly engaged fiancée feel welcomed straight away he asked what our visit was for and as we just got Engaged he gave us free parking for the week which made a difference, these are the little things that make this hotel a great place to stay and I will be returning in the future!
Our room was clean spacious and a great view!
We ordered room service which was surprisingly tasty and not as expensive as most!
The location was great it's literally right next to universal studios and a few minuets drive away from all the Hollywood attractions ,walk of fame ext. with all this in mind it is a quiet hotel where you can enjoy a great nights sleep and truly feel welcomed nothing but praises for the Sheraton Universal.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheratonmanager001, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest, we agree that after a long trip a friendly face and great service can make a huge difference and set a great tone. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and we thank you for the excellent feedback. The location indeed is amazing and so convenient to get your day of fun started off right away. We do hope you consider us for future visits as it would be our pleasure to have you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

As a Starwood Preferred Guest, my room was upgraded upon check in. That was a pleasant surprise. The front desk was courteous and helpful and the room clean and comfortable. We were also given access to the club lounge. The hotel is also walking distance to Universal Studios. You can also opt to take the shuttle that comes by every 15 minutes or so. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sheratonmanager001, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest, we are glad you had a nice visit and recieved an exceptional reception from the staff. We do all we can to make sure our guests feel special and at home. Thank you kindly for your insights and it is our hope that your travels will bring you back soon!
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The staff were excellent, the prices were very competitive, the rooms very comfy but the restaurant offering was pretty lacking and the facilities are a bit sterile. The pool was not working either. If I was going to Universal City I'd definitely recommend the Hilton next door instead.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you kindly for your insights . Your thoughts on the restaurant are definitely passed on for us to revisit certain areas. We appreciate your feedback and thank you kindly for taking the time to write. Your experience is not what we accept and it is out hope that you will allow us to be of service again soon to show our true interest in you as our valued guest. Please feel free to keep me as your contact as well if you wish.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here in April, 2014. Great location - can walk to Universal Studios and the City walk. Close driving distance to the Getty Centre and Griffith Observatory. Easy access to the 101. Hotel was clean and quiet. Good rooms and starbucks and a bar close to the elevators which was really handy. The concierge had tons of information and was very helpful. Price wasn't too crazy. I would recommend this to anyone visiting the LA area. Disneyland is a 45 - 55 minute drive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest, thank you kindly for your insights and indeed the hotel is in a very prime location. We are glad the staff made your visit easy and you were able to take advantage of all the fun offerings the hotel and surrounding area has to offer! We do hope your travels bring you back this way soon. Thank you again for your excellent feedback!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is spotlessly clean & very quiet, in fact we hardly passed another guest our whole stay. The pool was out if action which was a pity as there was nowhere to sit outside to enjoy the sun. Access to City a Walk & Universal Studios is so simple & both offer great shops, restaurants & bars. The staff at this hotel are very helpful & pleasant.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank j1lloyd
Dear Guest, we appreciate your time and feedback. We take great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and thank you for mentioning it in your review! The staff works hard to create the most comfortable and welcoming environment possible. We do hope you travels bring you back this way soon, and it would be our pleasure to be of service again!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 April 2014

It isn't if a property has problems or doesn't have problems (even the most perfect hotel will sometimes have a challenge) - it is how a property RECOVERS from the problem and what actions they take to resolve customer service issues. Due to some prompt attention and action by this hotel's Front Desk Manager Sam (both during and after my stay) this hotel proved they can recover nicely.

I stayed at this hotel last year and had some serious disappointment. Particularly in regards to the cleanliness of our suite. Upon bringing this to the attention of the Front Desk, action was taken, but still - some serious doubts about the property remained.

Upon returning home, I was again contacted by the Front Desk Manager. I responded and she invited me back, at my convenience, to stay at their property again, so that they could demonstrate for me the service and quality that they like to be known for.

I have just completed that stay, and I must say, I was rather impressed by the friendliness of the staff and my suite this time (they upgraded me to the same suite I had purchased previously) was in far better condition and clean as I would have expected. I will say, this return stay, returned my faith into this property.

Please note, the location of this property is excellent, particularly if you are visiting for Universal Studios. A free shuttle is provided and actually, it is within walking distance of the entrance. It is also in a good location overall for exploring Northern LA and surrounding attractions.

At the same time, the hotel is old - generally well kept and upgraded throughout the years, but it is an older property without too much "eye appeal."

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest, I appreciate your comments and it is very important to us that if there was an issue or concern it gets addressed immediately . I am glad I was able to help and the staff did all we can to make things right. Your comments are shared with the staff and the managers involved. Please feel free to keep me as your contact for any future visits as it would be my absolute pleasure to be of service again!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We arrived at the hotel around 6:30pm, and parking is very hard. We decided valet parking , but still a waste of time. The lobby is just average and,simple. We were there just for the night, to celebrate the grand debut of my niece. The grand celebration was at the Banquet Hall, at the very top floor overlooking the city of Los Angeles We stayed at the executive suite, so.huge clean and comfortable. Service is good. The Banquet Hall is awesome,, and the walls are illuminated with beautiful lights.There were about more than 200 guests, that danced the night away . Each table has a giant flower vase with the best giant round shaped bouquets of fresh flowers arranged magnificently...I was just disappointed at the open bar, they dont have Belvedere vodka. But, its a very memorable experience. Awesome...and the best.

Green Features: Choose the top floor with the view of (NBCUniversal)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank maganda0411
Dear Guest, awesome at best is excellent to read! Thank you kindly and we are very glad your experience and event went well. We do hope your travels bring you back soon, maybe for another fun event in the same beautiful ball room with the best views in the city!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Central L.A
Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
The Garland
#13 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Sheraton Universal Hotel? Share your experiences!