“Comfort and service”

Ranked #118 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
“Comfort and service”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This property covers all the bases really well--great bed, clean bathroom, friendly front desk, and fast valet. Room service food was very good too. Was only here for one night but wanted to stick around! The one negative was the way their doors slam shut in the morning, was pretty jarring.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lasfloresdrive
Sheratonmanager001, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest , thank you kindly for your insights on your last visit. We are very glad that the hotel and amenity’s were to your likening. Your comments about the room doors are also noted and shared with the teams involved, we do apologize for any inconvenience with the noise issue. We thank you for your time and hope to have the opportunity to be of service again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were very happy with our recent stay in this hotel.

The front office staff were very helpful and accommodated our request for a late checkout. Thank you :)

The hotel is very nicely located near Universal Studios. Universal offer a complimentary shuttel bus which was very appreciated with 2 children in prams and that big hill.

The bed was very comfy, and we really enjoyed our time here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelBugged14
Dear Guest , we are thrilled that you had a great visit and felt very welcomed by the dedicated staff. We do hope to be or service again very soon and thank you for the survey.
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Communal areas other than the main lobby require urgent improvement. Corridors had a heavy smell, unbearable at some points.
Staff was clueless and not friendly, starting with people at front desk and concierge.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest , thank you kindly for taking the time to share your feedback and about the conditions and service concerns. Please trust that your room concerns are noted and shared with the Directors and managers involved as we certainly could have done better . We are in the people business and there is no room but for exceptional service, we do apologize for any inconvenience. We appreciate your time and your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Universal Sheraton hotel is a slightly above average hotel in a great location. Rooms are pleasant , some with greats views. Beds are comfortable. I have stayed at this hotel many times mainly because of the convenient location. On the downside, bathrooms are very small, furniture is a little dated and elevator service is slow. The Pool area was recently remodeled and looks great, It will open end of June.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest , thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and your room concerns . Please trust that your room concerns are noted and shared with the Directors and managers involved. We appreciate your time and hope to be of service again very soon.
Irvine, CA
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Sheraton and Hilton are next to Universal Studios so very convenient. A shuttle circles both hotels and provides drop off/pick up at the City Walk. The hotel was well appointed but is starting to show wear and tear. However, the rooms are comfortable. Everything is clean. The Platinum lounge is nice too.

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be fine. Originally they gave us a view of the pool. That sounded nice unt...
Green Features: I was not aware of these the hotel had environmentally-friendly practice. I cannot comment on this.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank traveler222Irvine
Dear Guest , thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we are very glad that you enjoyed your room and the lounge, please keep us in mind for any future visit as it would be our pleasure to have you back soon.
California
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We checked in close to 8pm, there was a mistake with my reservations that was actually Expedias fault not Sheratons. My check in took about 20 min since he was fixing my name, he assured me my name was fixed on their end. We headed to the elevators so we can leave our luggage in the room and head to city walk for dinner before the restaurants closed. There was only 1 working elevator and a line of 20 people trying to use it. The hotel seems outdated, the rooms were ok, the bathrooms were small. For the price they charge I expected It to be nicer. I have stayed at plenty of Sheratons for $100 less than this place charged and they were a lot nicer. We head down to dinner and we had the same elevator problem. The walk to city walk took about 5 minutes, it wasn't too bad except for the elevator you have to take to head up to ground level wasn't working very well. We actually had two rooms under my name so we planned to meet the other half of our group in the lobby at 8:30 am so we can head to the park. 5am, someone opened our hotel room and then shut it as soon as they saw we were in there. Talk about a wake up call. We go back to sleep and the phone rings at 6am, I pick up and no answer so I go back to sleep. 6:30am the phone rings again and it's the front desk asking me my name and they need to fix it in their system. Really? At 6:30am????? This is my 1 night away from my kids in a whole year and I'm being woken up 3 times before 6:30 am. I answer his questions and hang up. I called back and spoke with a lady and asked them to please not call the other room my reservation was under so they wouldn't wake up more people. Too late they had woken them up too. We head down and i went to the front desk, I work in customer service so I wanted to make sure everything was figured out before we checked out. Dora was working and when I asked her to check for me she gave me attitude and answered "didn't I talk to you already? I told you on the phone it was taken care of" rolling her eyes. I explained how I was woken up 3 times before 6:30 and she again said "yes, I talked to you when you called the front desk. It's taken care of" never once did she apologize for the inconvenience. I have never seen such horrible customer service at a hotel. Next time we are staying at the Hilton across the street. I will not stay at this hotel again. What a waste of $500 I spent on 2 rooms.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank princesscel
Dear Guest , thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and it is certainly disheartening that your visit was clearly marred by the reservation issues, elevator and service concerns . We do apologize as we could have done better. We pride ourselves on creating exceptional experiences and we are disappointed that your visit left you with a negative impression. We have all of your concerns noted and addressed with the Managers and Directors involved. Please accept our apologies and be assure that if you decided to return we will extend the service and hospitality that we are known for. Please feel free to keep me ( Guest Relations Manager ) as your contact for any possible future visits if you wish.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Spent 3 nights here, was concerned about what kind of place it was going to be after reading mixed reviews, but was pleasantly surprised.
We had a nice room on the lower floors overlooking the pool. Unfortunately the pool was not able to be used which was disappointing however, the hotel had arrangements for guests to use a neighbouring hotel's pool. Understand that repairs and renovations are required and its good that the hotel provide options.
Walk to Universal Studios, also a shuttle bus for those who can't get up the big hill. Close to freeways so we got around pretty easily considering first time driving in LA.
WIFI didn't work in the room which was the only real 'dilemma'.
Very comfortable stay.

Room Tip: rooms overooking the pool in the low rise section made it feel less like a big chain hotel and more...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest , thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and your pool and internet concerns . Please trust that your room concerns are noted and shared with the Directors and managers involved. We appreciate your time and are glad that you enjoyed your visit. We do hope to be of service again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Central L.A
Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
The Garland
#12 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Sheraton Universal Hotel? Share your experiences!