“Pleasant Surprise”

Radisson Hotel Chatsworth
Ranked #55 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I rarely stay in Radissons (or any Carlson properties, for that matter), but this one is located near where I needed to be so, with some trepidation, I thought I'd give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. Aside from a number of drunken guys in the parking lot who also happened to be staying at my end of the floor, the place is OK - nice lobby and so was the room. In fact, it was nicer than the older Sheraton I stayed in the day before. The only inconvenience is that there are steps leading to what was probably a separate section (or different building) once upon a time... kind of a pain when you're pulling 3 pieces of rolling luggage.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FlyGuy47
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Thank you so much for giving us a try and staying with us, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and liked the accommodations from our guest room to the hotel lobby. However I would like to apologize that you were not offered any help with luggage upon check in.
Since guest satisfaction is a number one priority to us, your comments have been, and always will be, important .
We sincerely hope that you will us another visit and stay with us in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 29 September 2013

From the moment we checked-in, I felt at home. The front desk staff, maids, and maintenance men were all extremely friendly. These folks aren't just doing their jobs, they are making you feel welcome. I found them to be genuinely interested in where we were from, what brought us to Los Angeles, and interesting things we could share about where we come from. It wasn't just a head nod and a "hello," but actual conversation that made you feel as though you'd made a new friend - which can mean a great deal when you're far from home. Anything we needed, they did their best to make it happen.

The rooms were very, very clean and well stocked with essentials. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The room was good sized and easily accommodated our family of five.

The hotel is situated close to Highway 118, which made visiting LA attractions a breeze without the cost of staying right inside the city. And there were plenty of restaurants (fast food and otherwise) and shopping within walking distance.

I was extremely pleased with our stay here and given the chance to visit the LA area again, Radisson will be my first choice for lodging.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for a great review, the greatest reward for me is when I hear or read that our guests felt home from moment they arrived and left with the best and great memories, I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your stay and had a great time with us and found our guest room clean and comfortable, I also appreciate your compliments about our hotel and team, I will surly share your compliments with them. I look forward to welcoming you back to Chatsworth.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for 4 nights in June 2013 whilst on our honeymoon. We used the hotel as a base camp really as we were out most of the day in L.A and the surrounding area.

Hotel is easy to find and in a nice neighbourhood. A real advantage is the free parking. Hotel is recently renovated so was nicely decorated, clean and tidy.

The rooms were well equipped with a decent TV, aircon, fridge and an ironing board. Only downside was there was no safe in the room, but reception did have safety deposit boxes if you needed them. Hotel has free wifi which worked fine throughout our stay and came in handy.

Hotel has a small pool with a few sun beds. We never used the hotel restaurant. There are plenty of places to eat in chatsworth and loads of takeaways etc.

Overall great hotel for the price range and we would stay here again

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for your review! and congratulations, I am thrilled that you and your wife had a wonderful stay and thank you for choosing our hotel for your honeymoon. I am also very pleased that you enjoyed and liked our new design and amenities. on behalf of our staff we wish you all the best. and please come and see us again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Very friendly front desk.....spotty wireless Internet....received a personal note from the manager when I commented on this.The hotel is immaculately clean. Get a room towards the back facing a beautiful and quiet courtyard. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

thank you for the review, I am thrilled that you find our hotel " immaculately" clean, with a friendly staff, I surely will pass the good word to them, however I would like to apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience with in room WIFI access. We are working diligently to improve the high speed internet service in our hotel. I understand that this is an important amenity for our guests, and I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you.
We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I had never been to Chatsworth and while there on business, decided to stay close and book at the Radisson. Great decision! The room was very clean and spacious and the staff was great! Friendly and helpful. Plus the built-in restaurant was really good too.

Room Tip: Room 356 was quiet and had a nice view of the interior courtyard
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for a great review! I am thrilled that you had a wonderful stay and were happy you decided to stay with us! I am also very pleased that you loved the room decor and found it comfortable and clean . thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again next time you are visiting the area.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is a very good quality hotel in a convenient location. Finishes and amenities are top notch including hotel restaurant/bar and exercise room. Good breakfast included in the rate. Overall service was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

I am thrilled to read your wonderful review and glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, from our new remodeled rooms to the service in our Caprise Restaurant and lounge. We look forward to welcoming you back and appreciate your review.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 24 August 2013

On a business trip to visit a new potential subcontractor in the area. It was my first visit to this Radisson, and was initially concerned with state of the renovation being discussed in previous reviews, but was pleasantly surprised by this property. Was greeted by a friendly staff, and the lobby was of a modern design. My room was comfortable, and most of all clean, and had a separate shower which I prefer over a tub shower. I was impressed by the breakfast layout in the morning, with white tablecloths and actual silver ware (not plastic), and a friendly server keeping things stocked and clearing tables for the next group. Keep up the good work Radisson, and I'll be back for another stay!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the central courtyard were quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay, and liked our beautifully appointed and extremely comfortable rooms, and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, and most of all we thank you for your kind words to our staff,
I will surly pass it on to them.

Thank you again for your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!