Radisson Hotel Chatsworth
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$164
  • Pool
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$215
US$132
US$119
US$462
US$450
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$320
US$245
  • Pool
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$136
  • Restaurant
US$174
US$138
  • Pool
All reviewstopanga canyonfront deskcountry delisan fernando valleyshower stallbusiness tripbusiness travelerbreakfast buffetawesome hotelspacious roompleasant stayfree parkingbusiness centerclean hotelfitness centerking bedcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We spent one night here to attend a Brian Stokes Mitchell concert at Cal State Northridge.(Incredibly wonderful). The rooms had been refurbished recently. Our room had a nice balcony overlooking a pretty courtyard with a view of the mountains. I suspect in the San Fernando Valley, there are very few hotels with a decent view of anything. The room was large and nicely appointed. A rather large bathroom featured both a tub and shower. The breakfast did have a buffet but one could also order from a menu with typical selections. The voucher for breakfast was only $20 per room. We ended up paying another $20 or so for the remainder of the bill. This hotel would be selected more for it's west valley location to attend nearby event or business activities rather than the hotel as a destination itself. But it was just fine.

Room Tip: Balcony on 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thank you for your review! I could not be more pleased that you had such a memorable experience with us and enjoyed both your stay and the concert at the Valley Performing Art Center and I am very thrilled that you loved the view from your room, the design and the set up.I hope to see you and welcome you again next time you are visiting the area.

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel is clean and the staff is polite and accommodating. The location is in a quiet, safe area. If you're looking to go downtown, you'll have to pay for parking: about $10 for a day. If you take the transit system, it will take much longer than by car. But mass transit is a great way of meeting the locals, who are very friendly. So I give this hotel 5 stars for value and service. It is not a high end luxury hotel. But you won't pay ridiculous prices to stay here. As an example, my travel agent book us at The Beverly Hills Hotel for our honeymoon. We paid close to $500 a night for old rooms that have little sound proofing. There are no reasonable places to get breakfast in the area. (At least in the early 90s) I was shocked to be charged $10 for a small glass of orange juice. The place is for being pampered. It's great for people who can afford it. I have nothing against that. Yes, you may also see famous people there. But I don't have that kind of money. The Radisson Chatsworth is perfect for people on a budget who want a friendly, clean place to stay. They have a good restaurant, room service and a Starbucks down the block. (I can't stay anywhere if there isn't a Starbucks nearby.)There is also a small refrigerator in the room for those who want to keep snacks. Ignore the old reviews. They were written before the hotel was renovated.

About the city;

This is probably the most friendly city I've ever visited. Complete strangers will talk to you and give directions. On one trip to the city, I slipped and fell. (My clumsiness) Four people were instantly helping me with genuine concern. This is something I didn't expect in such a large city. The young people are polite, educated and enthusiastic about learning. Most are trying to get a college education and working several jobs to make ends meet. The pace is much slower than Manhattan. But you will find many of Manhattan's cultural activities. If you're into records, the city has many stores and even free record trading markets. It has great museums and many free events. Most of the city is completely safe. There are just small pockets in the south east part of the county that are high crime areas. There is no danger of just straying there by accident. Nobody here preaches their political or religious beliefs. L. A. has a pervasive live and let live atmosphere. Like Manhattan, you will find much cultural diversity. What is impressive is how people respect and even welcome cultural differences. If the world were like this, there would probably be no war. I give 5 stars to L.A. county.

Room Tip: I can't evaluate different views because it's my first time here. There are no bad rooms that I know about. Everything works. Each room has an individual AC unit. Any problems are resolved immediately. The staff are all really nice people.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for a greate review. I could not be more pleased that your stay was enjoyable and everything you hoped for and that you liked our new looks and our guest room and enjoyed your dinner from our Caprese restaurant, I hope we have the opporturnity to welcome you back the next time you are visiting Chatsworth.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed for one night and for the most part it was fine. The hotel grounds and room was clean but my room faced a busy street and the street noise was like sleeping next to an inter-state freeway. There were strange noises coming from the hall way late at night and it made me uncomfortable. I did not have a good night sleep and I was glad to be in my own bed the next night.

Room Tip: If you stay here request a room not facing Topanga Canyon Road
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I rarely stay in Radissons (or any Carlson properties, for that matter), but this one is located near where I needed to be so, with some trepidation, I thought I'd give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. Aside from a number of drunken guys in the parking lot who also happened to be staying at my end of the floor, the place is OK - nice lobby and so was the room. In fact, it was nicer than the older Sheraton I stayed in the day before. The only inconvenience is that there are steps leading to what was probably a separate section (or different building) once upon a time... kind of a pain when you're pulling 3 pieces of rolling luggage.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FlyGuy47
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Thank you so much for giving us a try and staying with us, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and liked the accommodations from our guest room to the hotel lobby. However I would like to apologize that you were not offered any help with luggage upon check in.
Since guest satisfaction is a number one priority to us, your comments have been, and always will be, important .
We sincerely hope that you will us another visit and stay with us in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 29 September 2013

From the moment we checked-in, I felt at home. The front desk staff, maids, and maintenance men were all extremely friendly. These folks aren't just doing their jobs, they are making you feel welcome. I found them to be genuinely interested in where we were from, what brought us to Los Angeles, and interesting things we could share about where we come from. It wasn't just a head nod and a "hello," but actual conversation that made you feel as though you'd made a new friend - which can mean a great deal when you're far from home. Anything we needed, they did their best to make it happen.

The rooms were very, very clean and well stocked with essentials. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The room was good sized and easily accommodated our family of five.

The hotel is situated close to Highway 118, which made visiting LA attractions a breeze without the cost of staying right inside the city. And there were plenty of restaurants (fast food and otherwise) and shopping within walking distance.

I was extremely pleased with our stay here and given the chance to visit the LA area again, Radisson will be my first choice for lodging.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for a great review, the greatest reward for me is when I hear or read that our guests felt home from moment they arrived and left with the best and great memories, I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your stay and had a great time with us and found our guest room clean and comfortable, I also appreciate your compliments about our hotel and team, I will surly share your compliments with them. I look forward to welcoming you back to Chatsworth.