“Beware”

Ranked #55 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
las vegas
“Beware”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We checked and went to room. After unpacking our clothes we decided to go out to pool but were unable to lock the room door. After one person coming up to room and attempting to fix door then suddenly left not saying if it's feed or not. After checking the door it the same so we called the desk two men came up and then informed us that they could not fix the lock. So we repacked and were sent to another room. That night my husband cut his foot and there was some blood near the bathtub. We left the room the next day and came back with the room supposedly cleaned but not very well as there was still blood near the bathtub. The second day we were going to a wedding at 4PM so left the room at 10AM and returned at 2PM only to find the room had not been cleaned so we had no towels etc. to get ready for wedding. After calling the front desk 4 times they finally sent someone to clean (although she did not vacuum) and there was still the blood near the tub. This was a very poorly run place and not very clean. They do have a great bartender. She should be commended for an excellent job.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for leaving us a review, I am veer sorry that you had a disappointing experience on your recent stay with us, I know how stressful it is to change rooms and your requests were not followed up promptly , i truly apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.I am addressing your concerns and commends with our housekeeping and maintenance team to make sure this will not happen again, and I hope you will return and stay with us again. So you can recoup your confidence in our hotel

General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Valencia, CA
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

For family we were visiting, this hotel was ideally located, though not a real great area. Our room was excellent and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was a bit small but it was spotless.
I went to the bar to get a drink; I waited 20 mins for my order to be taken. Very inattentive bartender. We were also unhappy with the restaurant for breakfast. The buffet food was cold and the coffee lukewarm.
If you are going to Chatsworth, I recommend this hotel but I don't recommend the bar or restaurant.

• Stayed January 2014
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Thank you for your review, I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, however I would like to apologize that there were some service issues during your stay. Both in our Caprese lounge and breakfast buffet. I am truly sorry for this, I am addressing each of your concerns with our restaurant team, and I hope that you will return so we can recoup your confidence in us. I hope we will see you again when your travel bring you to Chatsworth.

Sincerly
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Perfect location for our visit. Stayed 7 days. Rooms spacious and clean. Hotel appearance awesome. Staff very friendly. Only negative thing: food at breakfast buffet was cold and seemed pricey. Will use this hotel for future visits. Easy to find and lots of parking.

Stayed December 2013
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you so much for a great review of our hotel, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our rooms spacious and most of all clean. However I’m so sorry to read of your disappointment with our buffet breakfast, I am addressing the issue with our executive chef and I can assure you we are working to correct it. And on a good note, I was pleased to read that you noticed and enjoyed the results of our recent renovations and shared your compliments with our staff; they are truly what make the difference for us. Thank you for staying with us as we look forward to your next visit.

Kindest regards,
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We spent one night here to attend a Brian Stokes Mitchell concert at Cal State Northridge.(Incredibly wonderful). The rooms had been refurbished recently. Our room had a nice balcony overlooking a pretty courtyard with a view of the mountains. I suspect in the San Fernando Valley, there are very few hotels with a decent view of anything. The room was large and nicely appointed. A rather large bathroom featured both a tub and shower. The breakfast did have a buffet but one could also order from a menu with typical selections. The voucher for breakfast was only $20 per room. We ended up paying another $20 or so for the remainder of the bill. This hotel would be selected more for it's west valley location to attend nearby event or business activities rather than the hotel as a destination itself. But it was just fine.

Room Tip: Balcony on 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you for your review! I could not be more pleased that you had such a memorable experience with us and enjoyed both your stay and the concert at the Valley Performing Art Center and I am very thrilled that you loved the view from your room, the design and the set up.I hope to see you and welcome you again next time you are visiting the area.

Happy Holidays!
Bodega Bay, California
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel is clean and the staff is polite and accommodating. The location is in a quiet, safe area. If you're looking to go downtown, you'll have to pay for parking: about $10 for a day. If you take the transit system, it will take much longer than by car. But mass transit is a great way of meeting the locals, who are very friendly. So I give this hotel 5 stars for value and service. It is not a high end luxury hotel. But you won't pay ridiculous prices to stay here. As an example, my travel agent book us at The Beverly Hills Hotel for our honeymoon. We paid close to $500 a night for old rooms that have little sound proofing. There are no reasonable places to get breakfast in the area. (At least in the early 90s) I was shocked to be charged $10 for a small glass of orange juice. The place is for being pampered. It's great for people who can afford it. I have nothing against that. Yes, you may also see famous people there. But I don't have that kind of money. The Radisson Chatsworth is perfect for people on a budget who want a friendly, clean place to stay. They have a good restaurant, room service and a Starbucks down the block. (I can't stay anywhere if there isn't a Starbucks nearby.)There is also a small refrigerator in the room for those who want to keep snacks. Ignore the old reviews. They were written before the hotel was renovated.

About the city;

This is probably the most friendly city I've ever visited. Complete strangers will talk to you and give directions. On one trip to the city, I slipped and fell. (My clumsiness) Four people were instantly helping me with genuine concern. This is something I didn't expect in such a large city. The young people are polite, educated and enthusiastic about learning. Most are trying to get a college education and working several jobs to make ends meet. The pace is much slower than Manhattan. But you will find many of Manhattan's cultural activities. If you're into records, the city has many stores and even free record trading markets. It has great museums and many free events. Most of the city is completely safe. There are just small pockets in the south east part of the county that are high crime areas. There is no danger of just straying there by accident. Nobody here preaches their political or religious beliefs. L. A. has a pervasive live and let live atmosphere. Like Manhattan, you will find much cultural diversity. What is impressive is how people respect and even welcome cultural differences. If the world were like this, there would probably be no war. I give 5 stars to L.A. county.

Room Tip: I can't evaluate different views because it's my first time here. There are no bad rooms tha...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for a greate review. I could not be more pleased that your stay was enjoyable and everything you hoped for and that you liked our new looks and our guest room and enjoyed your dinner from our Caprese restaurant, I hope we have the opporturnity to welcome you back the next time you are visiting Chatsworth.

Kindest regards
Visalia, California
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed for one night and for the most part it was fine. The hotel grounds and room was clean but my room faced a busy street and the street noise was like sleeping next to an inter-state freeway. There were strange noises coming from the hall way late at night and it made me uncomfortable. I did not have a good night sleep and I was glad to be in my own bed the next night.

Room Tip: If you stay here request a room not facing Topanga Canyon Road
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I rarely stay in Radissons (or any Carlson properties, for that matter), but this one is located near where I needed to be so, with some trepidation, I thought I'd give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. Aside from a number of drunken guys in the parking lot who also happened to be staying at my end of the floor, the place is OK - nice lobby and so was the room. In fact, it was nicer than the older Sheraton I stayed in the day before. The only inconvenience is that there are steps leading to what was probably a separate section (or different building) once upon a time... kind of a pain when you're pulling 3 pieces of rolling luggage.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FlyGuy47
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you so much for giving us a try and staying with us, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and liked the accommodations from our guest room to the hotel lobby. However I would like to apologize that you were not offered any help with luggage upon check in.
Since guest satisfaction is a number one priority to us, your comments have been, and always will be, important .
We sincerely hope that you will us another visit and stay with us in the future.

Sincerely