“Nice hotel”

Radisson Hotel Chatsworth
Ranked #54 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Recently stayed for a graduation at CSUN and with several family groups stayed and had a wonderful time. Rooms were clean, staff courteous, and bar open. A Can't miss hotel when staying in this area. Close to several good restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your review, I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, our warmest congratulations and wishing the graduate all the best. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are visiting the area

Thanks,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The sad part of this hotel is that it has so much potential to be at least a 4 star. What it lacks is customer service.
The hotel is bright and modern looking. Check in was a snap. Our room was clean, but a little dark. Bathroom was very small, barely enough room for 1 person.
Was only provided 1 bath towel, called front desk and was told it would be delivered shortly. After waiting 30 minutes I walked to the front desk and was once again told it would be sent shortly. After 15 more minutes, it finally arrived.
The ice machines on the first and second floors were broken.
That night a few of us went into the bar for a cocktail. There was 1 person bartending and waiting tables. She brought us a menu and never came back. After waiting 20 minutes, we all left. No apology.
The next morning at breakfast we had to go outside to find our server to get our bill.
Our friends who were also staying here had customer service issues as well and complained to the manager to no avail.
We will not stay here again, even though the location near the college is great.
When you stay at a hotel away from home, what makes it special is treated with good customer service, which we did not get.

Room Tip: Get a room away from Topanga Canyon.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time and dropping us a review of your recent stay with us , I am very honored that you gave us a potential to become a 4 star, I am very aware of the challenges we faced these last weekend and thank you for bringing them to our attention, first and foremost I am truly sorry that you were disappointed with your experience and that we missed some details during your stay. but I can assure you we will be working diligently to address each concern with our team so that we can rectify the problems to assure it will not happen again. please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I hope that you will reconsider returning so we can recoup your confidence in us.

Sincerely

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Checking in and out was great. Your staff is excellent beyond words! Your staff, from the time I called them on the phone, was GREAT!!!!! I also like the Caprise restaurant. That's a winner. The room was good. Standard.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review , we are thrilled that you had such a great experience with us, and that our team was helpful throughout your stay. I am also glad that you enjoyed our Caprese restaurant, I will surly share your kind thoughts with them and all our associates , I hope that we will see you again next time you are visiting the area!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We booked this hotel because of the "Special Deal" mentioned in Trip Advisor: "Reserve our Bed & Breakfast Package for Two and receive: Two breakfast coupons for use in the hotel restaurant or for room service for each night of your stay and Club Carlson members earn 2,000 bonus Gold Points® per stay. Terms & conditions apply." It also said the redemption validity is from Jan. 1, 2014 - Dec 31, 2014, any day of the week. Our stay was well within the said validity dates. We were disappointed when we were told at check-in that the deal was no longer in effect. It was late and my husband and I chose not to insist on it any more.

We requested online for a room far from the lobby (when we checked in loud music was coming from the bar). The hotel was nice to honor our request and gave us a room facing the swimming pool. Our room was clean with comfortable bed. The only comment we have is that the bathroom was a bit cramped and from the room we could hear sounds from next door (air conditioning unit, flushing a toilet). Distinct voices could also be heard from the hallway.

WiFi was free and the speed was good.

Overall it was an okay experience. I could probably stay here again but if I would make a choice, I prefer another hotel brand (won't mention here) that I'm used to staying in for the past several years.

Room Tip: Away from Topanga Canyon Avenue. Choose one facing the courtyard or swimming pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, I am happy that you liked your room pool side location and enjoyed our free wifi however I would like to apologize for the confusion in your reservation, after assessing the bed and breakfast offer I found it is for participating hotels which are available to book using a special code, unfortunately our hotel is not listed there which we will be working to correct the issue, I am very sorry about the inconvenience this has caused you and I hope that you will return in the future so we can recoup your confidence in us.

Sincerely

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights and was pretty impressed by the lobby and the restaurant (highly recommended). This is definitely one of the nicest Radissons I've stayed at. I had a great relaxing time by the pool that was empty most of the time during the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

thank you for a great review!, We are honored that you loved your stay and impressed by our services and accommodations, We look forward to welcoming you back!

All the Best

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Nice hideaway in the Mountains approx 25miles from Hollywood in Chatsworth surrounded by Mountains and the amtrack Railway close to this. A bit noisy as you can hear almost anything from your neighbour room and outside , noice is not protected so well and also the floor Upstairs - you can hear when they walk around and flushing toilet and take shower - however a nice Little place to visit with a Starbucks and subway sandwich just around the corner!
Very cozy rooms and nice beds!
Free wifi, they call it highspeed but it´s not....1-2 Mbit download maximum
only usable for mails .....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review!, we are thrilled that over all you enjoyed your stay with us, and found the location relatively near to Hollywood and local restaurants. on behalf of entire staff we thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in Chatsworth next time you are visiting the area.

General manager

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel is excellent value, clean and the beds are big and comfortable.

The free wifi was well appreciated considering all the other hotels we stayed in later in the USA charged for wifi in the rooms.

The gym is a disappointment, the equipment is old and not well serviced, the exercise bike was a very cheap model and was missing the foot traps effectively making it useless.

The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was good value but a very small variety. After two days you will probably want more variety in your breakfast.

Walk one block to the deli. Enterprise Car rental is located right across the road, I hired a car and this was really convenient. Plenty of free parking in the hotel parking area, not covered.

a word of caution, normal rooms do not have a safe, this is found only in the business class rooms which I find odd for a hotel.

great no frill hotel, comfortable and good value

Room Tip: take a room away from the lobby, the lobby music in the morning might disturb you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience wit a review, I am thrilled that you found our hotel services a very good value and our guest rooms clean and comfortable. I also would like to thank you for the kind compliments to our staff and associates, I will surly share it with them, however I would like to apologize about the conditions of our gym equipment. it is our next project to update them. until then we hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to Chatsworth.

sincerely