“Look out! Noisy, poor, very low standard hotel”

Radisson Hotel Chatsworth
Ranked #43 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I go to this hotel since 2006 and have always been for more than two weeks each year.
Last year I realized that it was much worse in the clientele and services, but this year I wanted to trust it anyway... I had not ever done! People who use the laundry-room at 2 am - yes you read that right, 2 am - You have an idea about the noise that can do a dryer in the silence of the early hours of the morning? If you want to experience it, this hotel is for you. When I say it at the front desk they ask me "what is the problem?" Are you kidding me? This is a hotel or a laundry-room? I pay to sleep but sleep is not included in the services of this hotel. Employees that sweep the floor at midnight, people who play football at 10 pm in the parking lot - hope that your car is lucky - and people at the front-desk - including the manager - who want say only "sorry". I dared to continue to complain and the manager began to be impatient, I was a bother to him, not a guest, because when I said that I would not come back, he replied "ok!". The new policy of the hotel is not caring for customers.
It was once a hotel for businessmen, quiet and clean. It is now a 2-star motel, with no rules, with rude customers, and not so clean. There are many other problems, such as a wi-fi connection slow and nasty people at the front desk, that never say hello to you and with frozen smiles, they are there just to charge the check on your credit card. Do not expect anything more, not even by the sevices that are scarce and of poor quality. But, if you are used to low standards, you like to sleep maybe two hours a night, do not bother the people which behaves as if it were in the pub until 3 am, then it might be your hotel.
I repeat, this hotel has fallen very low, you might have a depressive experience!

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms, near the pool and loundry-room are extremely noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your recent stay with us, and please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences that you experienced, it was unfortunate that several attempts by our front desk supervisor and me personally to change your guest room location was declined by you. We work hard to make sure all our guest are comfortable every time they stay with us we realize that friendliness courtesy and willingness to help are essential qualities which should be displayed by all our associates at all time. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we may improve our services; we value all our guests and credit our success in lodging industry to providing good services and quality accommodation. Our hotel just last year (2013) went through complete multimillion dollars revitalization and complete makeover, and we are very pleased with the results and feedbacks.
We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards. We sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the future so you will recoup your confidence in us.
Sincerely
Arthur Boshankian

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Chatsworth

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great hotel! The location is very convenient for any activities in the North LA area. Six Flags is a 30-35 minute drive, and Santa Barbara is about a 1 hour drive. Happily, the hotel is missing the touristy, grimy, over-used feeling of many, many hotels in the whole Southern CA region. The neighborhood feels safe and there is a Starbucks, and a Trader Joe's within a few blocks of the hotel, as well as many other stores and restaurants.

The hotel itself isn't extremely fancy, but it's really quite nice and is very well maintained. The windows open for fresh air, which I love, and some nicer rooms have balconies. The pool area is lovely. The whole look of the hotel and it's courtyard is really nice!

Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiance with a great review, I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay and that you highly recomend our hotel, for our centrelized location and amenities and cleanliness, I hope I will have the oportunity to welcome you back very sooon

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Nice, clean room. Junior suite was one big room with a lot of wasted space. Kind of strange. The staff was friendly & helpful. No microwave in room, but did have small fridge. Good pizza restaurant next door. No free breakfast buffet, but did have pay buffett in hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the junior suite room over the restaurant/bar. It is a little noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the lage queen suite, I hope to have another oportunity to welcome you back next time you are visiting the area.

kindest regards
Arthur Boshankian
General manager

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after visiting six flags for my birthday. Was decently priced so I booked it however didn't realize how far it was from six flags. Had great sandwiches delivered to room from room service and had a balcony. My room was clean and looked newly remodeled

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved our balcony rooms , We look forward to your next stay.

Arthur Boshnakian

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Based on recent (mostly positive) Tripadvisor reviews, I booked a room at this property for three nights. Don't let the modern-looking lobby and updated room furnishings fool you: This place is rundown and dirty where it counts.

Room 134 is on the first floor and backs up to the pool area. While noise wasn't an issue (aside from a few loud neighbors in the hallway), security was.The latch on the ground-floor window was a slide-type meant to be installed on a cabinet - NOT a window - and was very flimsy. I was concerned someone could be out by the pool and easily push the window open. Also, the door in our room that connected it to the room next door barely had a lock on it. It seemed like it could have been easily pushed open into ours from next door (I was so concerned about that happening, I pushed a bench against it each night.)

Back to the window lock: Housekeeping came in each day and flung the curtains wide open, exposing the contents of my room to anyone sitting poolside (despite the fact that I'd used one of the clothes hangers with clips to keep the curtains shut tight - the staff simply removed the hanger each day). Did they not get the hint that I wanted the curtains to remain closed? Maybe they just didn't care what I wanted.

Speaking of housekeeping, we came to our room each night to see that the staff had moved several of our personal belongings each day, most notably a small desk fan that I had on the nightstand, They moved it to various spots throughout our stay. Why? It wasn't in the way of their cleaning - I made certain of that.

Not that they seemed to do much cleaning: From the moment we entered, the room felt a bit grimy and aged. I make a practice of always wiping hotel-room surfaces, light switches, etc. with disinfectant wipes and in this case, the wipes were filthy when I was finished, especially in the bathroom where it appeared the last guest's (or maybe the one before that) toothpaste had dripped down the front of the sink area - no one thought to clean that up before we arrived, so I did. There was pink mold growing in a corner of the tub/shower; the tub itself looked dirty and old. Oddly, the ice bucket, two paper-wrapped glasses and a pair of bottled waters were situated on the bathroom sink - within the toilet's "splash zone." It all seemed very unsanitary. Why were these things not out on the desk in the bedroom, away from disease-causing germs? I refused to even touch them. The toilet was clearly not bolted to the floor very well, as it shook each time we sat on it. The bathroom's electrical outlets are clearly past their prime as everything plugged into them promptly slid out. Also, the carpet throughout the room needed a good vacuuming - there are crumbs and fuzzies in every crevice and behind the furniture.

If all that weren't enough, we woke on the second morning of our visit to find a medium-sized cockroach making himself at home amid our belonging on the desk. That was extremely disgusting and unsettling. After slaying the bugger, I went to the front desk, told the attendant what room I was in and that we'd discovered the roach. His response: "Sorry about that. We'll look into it." Um, you have a roach problem, sir, and I'm willing to bet my room wasn't the only one with unwanted extra guests in it. I've stayed at hotels in much worse shape than this one and have NEVER encountered vermin in my room until now. This was beyond upsetting, especially given that I paid more than $130 for my first night's stay.

I was at first disappointed that the hotel does not offer any sort of breakfast for guests, but it was just as well - after finding the roach in our room, there was no way I was going to play with fate and eat at the hotel's restaurant.

Also disappointing was the size of the room - pretty cramped, so much so that the bathroom door literally opened up into the side of the full-size bed (which are also ridiculously small). Forget about storing your luggage in the closet - it's too long and skinny to put anything remotely wide inside of it. Even the clothes hangers were turned an odd direction just to make them fit. The ironing board is simply propped against the wall and nearly fell out on me each time I opened the closet doors.

So much for a good night's sleep: The air conditioner - while it worked well and kept the room plenty cool - sounded like a rumbling, rattling freight train each time it kicked on during the night. Good thing I brought earplugs.

I am a frequent visitor to the Chatsworth area and had hoped the Radisson would be a good lodging option for me during future visits, but it is highly unlikely that I would ever consider staying there again. You can slap as much lipstick on a pig as you like, but at the end of the day it's still a pig!

1  Thank ValleyMom
RadArtChatsworth, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry to read that you had a disappointing experience with us. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience. I am addressing each of your concerns and comments with our management, housekeeping and maintenance team where they will be given careful consideration and most importantly with our Pest control company. To assure these issues are fixed and taken care of for good. I appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.
I cannot apologize enough that you had a poor experience and hope that you will reconsider returning so we can regain your confidence in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've been using this hotel since the 2001 and have been staying numerous times since.
The Pluses: It is the perfect hotel, and the only true full service one in the Fernando Valley. Ideally located at Topanga Canyon Blvd. seems everything just a stone throw away. The hotel has been recently all refurbished and the rooms present themselves in a warm and cosy contemporary decor and comfort. The hotel got a lovely pool and a well-equipped fitness centre. The hotels on-site "Caprese Restaurant" serves modern Italian food and the bar, adjacent to the spacious lobby, offers a decent range of drinks and cocktails.
The Minuses: Occasionally, depending on the rooms I think, one can hear the next door guests a little bit too much. The breakfast room and breakfast don't seem to have the old quality anymore. I usually enjoyed my breakfast very much every morning, in particular the Mexican option from the buffet, but since the new decor it is not exactly what is was anymore (but this may take just some time again).
Altogether: A good hotel with a good price/value and I certainly can recommend it!

Room Tip: Maybe consider the upgrade to a Businessclass room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Those are my criterion for a positive hotel review and the Chatsworth Radisson passed with flying colors. Of course, the fact that we somehow were upgraded to a small suite added some bonus points. Check-in at midnight was not a problem, although I'd recommend booking directly thru the hotel chain in order to have better control over payment options. Having booked thru a third party we were not able to use a different credit card.

The room was nicely appointed, the bathroom was large and very recently remodeled and the bed was comfy.

This hotel is one of only a handful in the northern San Fernando Valley and is conveniently nearby CSUN. Another plus is nearby the 118 freeway, which saves a ton of time driving across the valley.

This will be my go-to hotel in the area.

By the way- very nearby is an incredible authentic Cajun restaurant: Les Sisters. No frills, amazing food.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family