“Find another hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Diego
“Find another hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

This hotel is horrible! 3 Stars? No way! I wouldn't ever stay at this place again. My brother-in-law stayed at the Hilton (also 3 stars) for $7 more using their AAA rate. If I only would have known!!!
The hotel was dirty, it had a strange odor, the "remodeling" is very outdated, dirty shower shower.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hidden619

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
warwick
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

Stayed 2 nights. Plenty of parking. Exterior & lobby std USA look & feel.
Arrived at 21:45pm and told bar/restaurant shut at 10pm every night.
Ground floor room std by US standards. Queen double bed & Sofer seat
Wireless worked i the most part well in room & I was to stream FIFA world cup football and watch happily. Bathroom good and clean.
For some reason you have to always switch 10lights on to get any real light in a room. Problem with all hotel rooms ;)
Coffee maker machine but only enough coffee to make once.
Swimming pool small but adequate. Same with Gym. Hot tub more hot than bubbles but again ok.
Service and people generally v friendly.
Breakfast had buffet, this was nice but not fantastic. Cheap orange juice (watered )
Generally happy with stay but no shop or real ability to mix with anyone except bar.
I would stay again for work, it's close to office and freeway and easy to find. But I have stayed at better.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times. While i would not consider it to be a top tier hotel, it is not bad for the money. There are other hotels that are close by that cost almost twice as much. Parking and Internet service is free. The staff is generally friendly. The hotel has consistently met my expectations. However, my expectations were not that high going in.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
Stockton, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2010

I'm so ashamed that I spent over $100 on this place. The exterior is nice but the interior is another story. I agree with other posters on here that claimed that the hotel smelled because of the restaurant. If I'm paying that much money I don't want to smell foul odors in my room. I usually stay at the Ramada in Chatsworth but decided to switch it up for a change. Bad decision! I will stick with the Ramada from now on, it's a way better bargain. We also had problems with the wireless interenet, which was exceptionally slow. If you need access to your email and other things online I would not rely on their wi-fi working all the time.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Northern California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2010

We visited family in Chatsworth and wanted to have our own place to get away, so we chose to stay 4 nights at the Radisson. Oh, my! We're fairly seasoned travelers, but were suprised (unhappily) with what we found.

The grounds, entrance, parking lot, and lobby were all inviting. Check-in in late afternoon was quick, cordial, and helpful. Great start! I opened the window in our room as soon as we entered. I was met with foul smells from the hotel restaurant's rooftop A/C and ventilation units which were a mere 30 ft. away from our window. I called the front desk to ask for a room change. They quickly offered two options. Our second room was even more disappointing. Apparently, the remodel hadn't yet occurred in this wing. Avoid room 235! You have to go up the elevator, then down 4 stairs and down another hallway of apparently rarely-used rooms. There were towels rolled up and pushed against a room's door in that hallway. Doorways were often propped open for ventilation (?) while they worked on the rooms, or something. You could see bed mattresses propped up in the windows of some of the rooms in that wing from the street.

Our new room was a much smaller room with dated and leaking bathtub plumbing. The window valance was water-stained from an apparent earlier water leak or rain problem. Large stains on the valance, curtains held in place at the seams with Velcro, carpet which needed shampooing, and the signature Sleep-Number beds which made horrible noises when being adjusted. The bathroom fan was sooooo LOUD that it sounded as if a helicopter was trying to land - and it didn't even remove air from the bathroom! So we had to keep the bathroom door open, which was no small feat since the door needed to be propped open with a heavy bag. Three stars it isn't!! It may not even make 1 star!

Too tired to move rooms again, we decided to address the problems in the morning. When I spoke to the morning front desk person on duty, he quickly dismissed the items I began to list with lines such as, "That's the way most hotel bathroom doors work." When I informed him that I was going to be there three more days, he begrudgingly told me to return to the front desk later that afternoon to see if anything opened up. No apologies, no attempt to assist, just putting me off until his shift was over (I guess). I didn't bother going back to request another room. We wanted to spend as much time with family as possible and refused to be held hostage by a bad room and bad front desk employee. The hotel has a 100% guarantee policy that they will fix any problems or your night's stay is free. I wasn't even going to try for that one!

Complimentary full breakfast buffet was adequate and pleasant mostly due to an exceptional, professional and friendly wait staff. They remembered the beverage request from the first morning and asked every following morning if we wanted the same beverages. Though taxes and gratuities were included in the buffet, it was easy to leave additional gratuities for such great service.

Housekeeping did a yeoman's job, given what they had to work with. They cleaned the room as much as possible --- it's not their fault that the carpet was not shampooed, or the plumbing leaked, or water-stains were obnoxious! The beds were made, vacuuming done, garbage removed, and linens exchanged. Housekeeping cleaned and straightened what they could, and did a great job. Gratuity left for their efforts every day.

Check-out was another adventure with Mr. Frontdesk. I had two VISA gift cards which check-in staff had assured me could be used to pay for my stay upon check-out. I explained that to Mr. Frontdesk who immediately began to tell me all of the things that could go wrong if I paid for my stay using the gift cards. Surprise! Nothing went wrong!!! I wasn't asked how my stay was or any other common pleasantries upon check-out.

Too bad the many excellent staff at this hotel are overshadowed by an unhelpful front desk person and a really bad room - both of which could have been "fixed". Being considered the "best" place to stay in Chatsworth (which doesn't have too many options) isn't a reason for anyone to be rude or indifferent to customers! The Radisson sent an email survey to which I responded. I received a generic "We're sorry you were not pleased with your stay" email response sent by the "Front Desk Manager" ---- who may be the famous Mr. Front Desk?! Radisson Hotels are now crossed off our list of options.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TitaNui
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2010

I loved this place, it was great for a fly-drive holiday. The hotel was well presented and best of all really good value for money. We went in January so we doid not use the out door pool but we did use the gym. The hotel was very safe also as there was a police station just across the street. Just off the main road we thought that the room might be noisy but this was not the case. The breakfast was also very nice. All in all a great, relaxing stay and a perfect base to see LA i.e. Universal Studios, Hollywood e.t.c.

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Sacramento
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2010

This hotel is OK, it's just an average, no-frills hotel. It has nice desks with plenty of outlets and lights for doing work. The wireless internet service is slow, for example it is too slow to watch Youtube videos, but it's OK for email and general web surfing. I wouldn't call it "high speed internet". You get "sleep number" beds that I think are very comfortable, and the beds have a lot of pillows, big and small, and plenty of linens. The closets have extra blankets and pillows. The TVs are old analog ones on a cable system. Windows are difficult to open, if you are on one of the cheaper rooms that does not have a balcony. Bottom line: To me, it's OK if you can get the room for under $100, but above that it's not worth the money. If you're a State employee, they don't offer the State rate.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business