“Great Experience”

Ranked #70 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
SJ, CA
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 1 September 2009

After reading reviews about this hotel i took a risk. The location is not much to be desired considering, just left The Venetian in LV. Yes, lower income neighborhood but never judge people by their income! The remodeled rooms was the seller for me. It's in the San Fernando Valley not to far from LA attractions. Loved everything about the room. Great bed, flat screen tv, fridge, free wireless hook-up-did not use. And to save money cont. brkf. The area restuarants were excellent all the food was great. They have a pool and jacuzzi-small mind you. The only down side is that if you get in early like before check-in you will pay a fee if you want your room. Just left LV and early check-in was no problem. But all and all a wonderful experience. Oh and by the way a drugstore is next door and freeways are near. Give it a chance if you don't mind a residental neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
seeyeah, Management at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Reseda, responded to this review, 2 September 2009
Dear Guest,
The encouraging words of your stay with us will definitly be passed on to the staff. We are glad you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking. we look forward to serving you again.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hampshire, United Kingdon
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Nice clean and spacious room enough for the five of us. We had our own bedroom which had all been newly decorated and the kids were on a sofa bed and rollaway .The location was just not right for us though. The traffic was always really heavy so it took an hours stressful driving to get into central LA .

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you found the room and the service at the hotel to your expectation. We are always happy to help guest with direction to any of the attractions and some quick tips on avoiding traffic whenever possible.
Los Angeles is a very big city with traffic everywhere. Many of our guest find us close to Universal Studios , Hollywood Walk of Fame, Six Flags at Magic Mountain, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica Pier and Downtown LA.
Look forward to serving you again.

uk
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights in August and found the hotel to be all I expected from the reviews if not more. Large clean rooms with good facilities for the price. Convenient for LA central and the airport and only an hour or so from Disney. Free wireless and the option of a continental breakfast just topped it off .

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review regarding your stay with our property. We will work even harder to continue to service our present and future guest. We are glad you found the location to the main areas of attraction convenient for your stay here in Los Angeles. Look forward to serving you again.

Cheers,

Amsterdam
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We agreed fully with other reviews: a good hotel for a fair price. All locations (Santa Monica, Malibu, Hollywood) we wanted to visit were not too far. The rooms were spacious, clean and had good beds. One detail: the breakfast was a bit boring.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us. We are glad the reviews helped you decide to stay with us.
As most travelers are uncertain when visiting Los Angeles and the attraction around the area they find it a lot more comforting when travelers positive opinions help with their decision making.

Vancouver
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We were in Santa Ana for other business prior to heading closer to Six Flags Ca for the end of our trip. We could have found something closer to the amusement park but nothing this inexpensive was available last minute so we took a chance with the Reseda HoJo. Far better than we expected. The staff was incredibly friendly and there was a decent continental breakfast and free wireless internet provided. There was even a very well run and clean public laundry facility 1/2 block away for us to refresh our by then well travelled waredrobes...

Stayed July 2009
seeyeah, Management at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Reseda, responded to this review, 13 August 2009
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us.
We are glad you found our location inexpensive and great. We provide free continental breakfast, free wireless internet access, free parking, fridge in all the rooms, iron with ironing boards, granite finished bathroom vanities and tub surrounds etc.
We pride ourself in great value for the ammenities provided.
As always we look forward to serve you again.

Bay area
Reviewed 5 August 2009

The positive reviews here on Tripadvisor prompted me to book our stay at the said hotel. Upon arrival, I notice that the room was clean, which was very important to me as I am the "Monk" of all "Monks" (For those who don't know, Monk is a tv character who has an OCD and a clean freak) and spacious. I like the granite countertop and bath wall, So I have to give them 5 stars on that area.

The complimentary breakfast is really filling, not just the regular sweet pastries. Although they offer that but that's just one of the many they have. From cereal, fruits but no banana, my favorite fruit which I think they should add, to bagels, toast, juices, milk and coffee. Just an advice, I think they should offer a fat free milk in addition to the regular milk they have and maybe decaf too to those who are coffee drinkers. Here I'll give them 4 maybe next time I'll give them a 5 if they heed to my suggestion of offering fat free milk, decaf, and some banana which I think echoed the sentiment of others who had stayed here.

About the service, they are very friendly and helpful especially the guy who checked us in, I don't remember the name, but I'll have to edit this later once I found out from my spouse. But there was one guy named Bobby who was not sympathetic at all to our problem. He is one of the problems we have encountered. The other problem which Bobby wasn't sympathetic at all was our daily visit to the Reception area to have our cards magnetized. Every night when we came back to enter the hotel parking area, the machine slot wouldn't take our card that the hotel provided, it wouldn't open the gate. That was a nuisance as we have to climb down the car to have it magnetized so we can enter. Also, whenever we leave our hotel room to take a dip in the pool or eat breakfast, we couldn't enter anymore even how many times we slippe the card into the door slot, it just wouldn't open. So when we told Bobby about the problem during our second night, he didn't show any reaction at all, he seemed to be stoic about it. He was also the same guy who had it magnetized our card on our first night there. Another problem we had was we came to our room unmade, we were expecting the room made up. Outside the door of the room, I knew something was not right as I saw a "Don't Disturb" sign hanging on the knob. When I left that morning there was nothing there as I even made sure that the door was locked by moving the knob. I don't know how it got there but I expected a clean room upon my return.

But over all, the stay was great, from the room to the food to the people there except the guy mentioned. I hope the management will take heed on the issues/ concerns/ suggestions we had. I will surely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Let me first thank you for staying with us.
We appreciate your feedback on your stay.
The staff at the Howard Johnson Inn & Suites work very hard to provide the best customer service possible. We have addressed your issue with the staff member. Please let me apologize for your inconvenience. We are glad the rest of your stay was a pleasant one.
Hope to serve you again soon.

so cal
Reviewed 3 August 2009

our room was cozy and well furnushed, Even flat screen TV ,frount desk was very helpfull

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business