“Perfectly fine accomodation without the frills”

Residence Inn Beverly Hills
Ranked #43 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 11 August 2008

This is a case of choosing the hotel more for it's location than for being the best place to stay for the price.

That said, I can't find much to fault the hotel with for my stay. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable, the kitchenette a welcome place to throw some things in the refrigerator, the LCD tv a nice touch and the free wi-fi useful. Breakfast was serviceable in that free-hotel sort of way, even despite summer vacation kids always fighting to make their own waffles. The valet crew deserves a tip of the hat for being friendly and efficient.

Contrary to what some reviews here will tell you, the Queen room is actually quite large for a hotel room. The problem is that it's really poorly designed. Most of the space is eaten up by the large kitchen/living room area, leaving the bed to be shoved in a super tight space closer to the bathroom.

For a road warrior travelling alone, no sweat. If there's more than one person staying in the room, I could see the bed placement being a real issue, especially, say, when someone might need to stumble to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

All in all, this is a clean, basic hotel with great service. I wouldn't really mind staying here again. There are however much better options for the same price nearby. Later in the week I had to extend my stay in the city, but the Residence Inn was fully booked, so I switched hotels and ended up paying the exact same price for a much better hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank Alan T

Reviewed 29 July 2008

We recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Beverly Hills. The staff was very nice and friendly. We stayed in a one bedroom queen suite. The bedroom has barely enough room to walk in. You couldn't open the closet and the bathroom door at the same time. The room was clean and quiet. Except for the size of the room and complete lack of view of anything but another wall, it was up to Marriott standards. The location is good for the price of the room.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LLouise
Reviewed 29 July 2008

We went to Huntington Beach to stay with relatives for a week and wanted to stay in Beverly Hills for 1 night before we left on Sunday. We stayed at the Residence Inn because of the location to Rodeo Dr., Century City and Hollywood. This hotel was one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in! The staff was extremely friendly and the complimentary breakfast wasn't bad either. Will definitely stay again for more sightseeing!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2008

I have to say that I really enjoyed my stay. I got this last minute for a great price. I was staying by myself, so wanted to make sure that I got a safe, clean, nice place, and wouldn’t have to have any stress . Please DO NOT get directions from the Hotel website though, I ended up quite lost, and aggravated after a 3 hour drive. BUT I called the Hotel and the great staff there walked me through getting to them perfectly, and were kind and gracious even when I called back several times. The room was clean, and really nice. Yes, the bathroom was a bit small, but it was only me so that was no biggie. They put me on the 7th floor, which made for a nice quiet stay. The breakfast was such a treat, and I had to leave every morning by 7:15, so no crowds that early. I have to share that on my first night, after I checked in, I took my kids down to the lobby to get picked up, and who got into the elevator but a Crackhead Trannie Hooker and her/his John. This was so bizarre, and I have to say probably not the norm for that hotel, but made for a good story when I got home. (Luckily the kids had no clue). My only real complaint is that they charge $22.00 a night for parking. Holy crap! That was like almost paying for another night at the Hotel after my weekend stay! But it was very nice, and even when they double charged my credit card for my stay, they instantly rectified it with great apologies

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank stargirl75
Reviewed 6 May 2008

My Stay at the Mariott Beverly Hills was pretty basic but Good.
The rooms were very clean,and especially the Kitchen area.
the LCD T.V. was a plus for my son who enjoyed watching Cartoon Network while I took care of business.

The Location is pretty good, lots of resturants .75 miles north on Beverly Dr. Taxis always available but expensive, rent a car.

Universal City Walk is 9.5 miles away and a $40.00 cab ride each way. my 6 y.o. son enjoyed City Walk and we sipped on Frappachino's and counted the RR Phantom's on Rodeo Dr.
I stopped at 24 after about 30min.

The FREE breakfast in the hotel is just that FREE. It's something to hold you til lunch. Eggs,French Toast,Sausage,Fruit, Sliced Peaches, and dry cereal for the kids. I tryed it once then was referred to Norms about a mile and a half west on Pico.
It was a greasy spoon joint with good home cooked breakfast
my son and I licked our plates.

overall I will reccomend staying here again for Rates under $200.00 a night.

P.S. Front desk staff was very nice and courteous.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank ponomo
Reviewed 10 April 2008

This place is GREAT! The location is not terribly central, but then LA is pretty spread out however to compensate they have a courtesy shuttle that will take you places within a reasonable distance to hotel.

But the rooms are great. Full kitchens, big bathrooms, massive plasma screens with couches etc.

They also have free wireless access.

But to go the extra mile there is a free full breakfast and on Mon - Thurs there is also a happy hour every night with free wine and snacks. There is also a 'Market' with food and stuff to buy.

Could not recommend this place more highly.

Staff friendly too.

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank SissyH16
Reviewed 10 March 2008

Arrived from Sydney at around 6.30am. Had booked the night befoore (and confirmed) to ensure I was able to check in very early in the morning. They had given my room away as I had not arrived by 9pm!!!!!! Not happy after a long haul flight! They told me to walk to Starbucks (10 mins away) and wait until room was ready. Waited to 12.30pm - no call so walked back to hotel and waited at reception. Finally in a room by 1.30pm. After the inital very very very bad setback the rest of the stay (5 nights) was fine.

If you are planning to do something out of the ordinary in terms of aarrival time be wary. Otherwise fine for an extended enjoyable sstay

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Beverly Hills
Hotel Beverly Terrace
Hotel Beverly Terrace
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Residence Inn Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!