“Great Stay”

Residence Inn Beverly Hills
Ranked #35 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel due to it's proximity to Cedar Sinai where I had to have surgery. We stayed for 2 weeks. We will definitely be using this hotel again as the service we received was outstanding. There was a minor problem with our room when we checked in and someone from the front desk came up immediately and took us to another room which was terrific. The new room was an upgrade and we didn't request that. Very thoughtful. The shuttle service to Cedar Sinai was very convenient and allowed my wife to visit me during the day and return back without calling a cab. Restaurants and shopping are nearby and the ambiance of the hotel was fine. Morning breakfast was tasty (and busy). The hotel staff were all very polite and considerate.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Beverly Hills

Reviewed 29 January 2014

OK I know it was Grammy's weekend and the place was at full capacity. But it was really crazy in this hotel. Valet wasn't answering phone…they were understaffed. The breakfast was a mob scene. The room was decent…it was a fair price….and you can walk to many restaurants and shopping. The hot tub is in a dingy, dark basement space…so forget that.
Don't think I would stay here again

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Beanie88 - we appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Awards season is definitely a busy time for our hotel, but that does not excuse some of the issues you encountered. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff so that we can improve for your next visit. Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to see you on property again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I chose this hotel because of the location and proximity to nearby attractions. I thought the location would be better (it's not near the historical side of Beverly Hills), but it was just a quick drive down the road to the palm tree lined streets you're thinking of when you see the name Beverly Hills. The hotel doesn't have fantastic views, and you do have to pay for valet parking, but their valet service is quick and you shouldn't be in the hotel too long if you're on vacation anyways!

The rooms are pretty spacious. I wasn't expecting it to have as much room based on the size of the lobby (which is pretty compact). Also, you can hear the traffic outside the room if you're on a lower floor, so if that bothers you, request something higher. I was on the first floor. But I was too exhausted for the noise to bother me. You might also be able to get street parking nearby. So look for a meter if you prefer to try to win. But as stated before, the valet is really convenient.

The staff is also very responsive to requests for additional items. What I enjoyed most was the free breakfast. The waffle maker, and an omelet station were the highlights. It's not the most beautiful hotel in the world, but for a short stay near the attractions (without the traffic and hustle and bustle of LA) it was definitely worth the rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't facing the street on a higher floor to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j_mac323
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is not a hotel I will be staying in again. I could have tolerated the tired, drab, poorly cleaned rooms and overall lack of personality this hotel has. However, what was most disappointing and insulting was the way I was treated when I tried to arrange a late checkout as per my Gold Elite status. You would have thought I was asking for the whole stay to be free. I was told Gold Elite status "gives you nothing when it comes to late check out" - this is a quote from the manager. I asked about a 4pm late checkout, which is what my spy gold membership always gives me without ANY problem. I was told I would have to pay the full day rate if I did that. What about 3pm, I said - they said half day rate, which is what I finally agreed to. We then of course got locked out of our room after standard checkout time and when we inquired at the front desk, the officious manager said "we don't do 3pm checkouts". When we said it had been agreed to for a fee, he allowed us access to our room.

Not only did this experience totally sour my impression of the hotel (an impression that was already pretty dismal). But it has made me wonder about the value of Gold Elite status in the Marriott Rewards program. SPG gold seems to offer much greater recognition and privileges and the staff at SPG properties I have stayed in have always been extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your time in posting comments about your stay with us, and please accept our apologies for the experience you encountered. We appreciate your continued loyalty to the Marriott family of hotels, and value you as a Gold Elite member. Unfortunately, there are times when we are not able to accommodate late check-out requests. For instance, if we are anticipating full capacity, our housekeeping staff must service each room in time for our 4pm check-in. That being said, we will review your comments with our front desk staff to ensure a smooth process for future guests. Should your travels bring you back to Beverly Hills, we hope that you will give us another chance to earn your business.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

the GM works actively at the breakfast buffet. Thats quite unique and a very friendly and nice touch. All the staff is polite and helpful. The breakfast buffet is quite crowded. The location is very good for businessmen(-women) and for holiday makers alike. The price depends on the season… rather high. In general a very positive stay in LA… Lots of shops and stores in the near vicinity.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bernhardb15
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Checked in early as we arrived early and our room was free which was fantastic! Unfortunately there was no map of local surroundings given which was really needed as there is not much within view from the hotel. The room was great however I did ask for the sofa bed to be made however it was not made and I had to ask again but overall it was a nice hotel but not in the best location.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend getaway to LA. We had a few issues during our stay, which all were resolve by the time we decided to check out, for our return visit back home.

The hotel seemed busy upon our initial arrival. This initiall was a good sign to me that this place was popular, or so I thought.Our first issue was with the first hotel room (which means we requested a different room). Our first room (on the 2nd floor) had a weird odor that seemed to be a combination of cigarette smoke and some wierd type of air freshener. We immedately call the front desk and requested a different room. A cheerful representative showed up quickly and escorted us to a different room (on the third flood) and waited to see if it met with our approval. This room was much better, so we told the representative that we would take this one. She then proceded to leave us in the room with ONE key, and informed us that she would return with a second key. After waiting an hour or so, I went down to the from desk to inquire about the second key for the room. Apparently they forgot about us and went back to their normal routine. This delay thru us off a bit, time wise, but ok, we were flexible and as long as we received a second key it was ok.

Also when we checked in, the manager on duty boasted about the improved super fast internet service that the hotel provided to their guest. At first we thought nothing of it, but then when we tried to connect to the internet, during our stay,we had issues. It wasnt until day 2 of out stay that it became irritating, and I complained to the front desk. The attendant was ok, as being knowledgeable about the service, even though she contacted tech support to resolve the issue. Unknown to us the hotel was having internet connctivity issues all weekend, even before we check in!! Now, why would you brag on something that doesnt work is beyond me.

During our 2nd (and final) day here we experienced a problem with the keys...they worked correctly all day the first day, but after we went out for lunch and return, we had the urgency to use the restroom in the room...and, like murphy's law, NEITHER key worked...having to hold your bladder and try to explain to the front desk attendant that the keys dont work, was stressful enough, but to hear the excuse that both keys were NOT keyed at the same time was like...REALLY...they worked all day yesterday, and this morning but NOT this afternoon. Just give us the keys, so we can go...the longer we had to wait, the more fustrated we became...

Overall I think this is a good hotel, but i would recommend that they should stand by what they say as far a service is concered. Meaning dont say something is GREAT, if it doesnt work, and make sure to follow thru with ALL issues no matter how small it is..

Room Tip: Try to select a room farthest from the elevator as housekeeping uses the same elevator as the guest...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrSands
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

MrSands, thank you for your time in posting comments about your stay with us, and please accept our apologies for the issues you faced. We understand that what may seem like a small hiccup, can truly be an annoyance during your hotel stay. Please know that we will share your comments with our staff to ensure that our guests are 100% satisfied with their visit. Should your travels bring you back to the Beverly Hills area, we hope that you will give us another chance to show you what a great hotel stay can be.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
#107 of 353 in Los Angeles
Mr. C Beverly Hills
Mr. C Beverly Hills
#56 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Residence Inn Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!