“Very fine, convenient hotel in heart of West LA”

Residence Inn Beverly Hills
Ranked #32 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
New York City, New York
“Very fine, convenient hotel in heart of West LA”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Our room was very beautiful and well furnished, with every convenience. Friendly staff and good breakfast. Relatively expensive, but actually a reasonably good value considering the cost of other nearby places to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marigold60763

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Seattle
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel due to it's proximity to Cedar Sinai where I had to have surgery. We stayed for 2 weeks. We will definitely be using this hotel again as the service we received was outstanding. There was a minor problem with our room when we checked in and someone from the front desk came up immediately and took us to another room which was terrific. The new room was an upgrade and we didn't request that. Very thoughtful. The shuttle service to Cedar Sinai was very convenient and allowed my wife to visit me during the day and return back without calling a cab. Restaurants and shopping are nearby and the ambiance of the hotel was fine. Morning breakfast was tasty (and busy). The hotel staff were all very polite and considerate.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 29 January 2014

OK I know it was Grammy's weekend and the place was at full capacity. But it was really crazy in this hotel. Valet wasn't answering phone…they were understaffed. The breakfast was a mob scene. The room was decent…it was a fair price….and you can walk to many restaurants and shopping. The hot tub is in a dingy, dark basement space…so forget that.
Don't think I would stay here again

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Beanie88 - we appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Awards season is definitely a busy time for our hotel, but that does not excuse some of the issues you encountered. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff so that we can improve for your next visit. Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to see you on property again soon.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I chose this hotel because of the location and proximity to nearby attractions. I thought the location would be better (it's not near the historical side of Beverly Hills), but it was just a quick drive down the road to the palm tree lined streets you're thinking of when you see the name Beverly Hills. The hotel doesn't have fantastic views, and you do have to pay for valet parking, but their valet service is quick and you shouldn't be in the hotel too long if you're on vacation anyways!

The rooms are pretty spacious. I wasn't expecting it to have as much room based on the size of the lobby (which is pretty compact). Also, you can hear the traffic outside the room if you're on a lower floor, so if that bothers you, request something higher. I was on the first floor. But I was too exhausted for the noise to bother me. You might also be able to get street parking nearby. So look for a meter if you prefer to try to win. But as stated before, the valet is really convenient.

The staff is also very responsive to requests for additional items. What I enjoyed most was the free breakfast. The waffle maker, and an omelet station were the highlights. It's not the most beautiful hotel in the world, but for a short stay near the attractions (without the traffic and hustle and bustle of LA) it was definitely worth the rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't facing the street on a higher floor to avoid road noise.
Green Features: If you're staying for more than one night, you have the option of reusing your linens.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank j_mac323
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is not a hotel I will be staying in again. I could have tolerated the tired, drab, poorly cleaned rooms and overall lack of personality this hotel has. However, what was most disappointing and insulting was the way I was treated when I tried to arrange a late checkout as per my Gold Elite status. You would have thought I was asking for the whole stay to be free. I was told Gold Elite status "gives you nothing when it comes to late check out" - this is a quote from the manager. I asked about a 4pm late checkout, which is what my spy gold membership always gives me without ANY problem. I was told I would have to pay the full day rate if I did that. What about 3pm, I said - they said half day rate, which is what I finally agreed to. We then of course got locked out of our room after standard checkout time and when we inquired at the front desk, the officious manager said "we don't do 3pm checkouts". When we said it had been agreed to for a fee, he allowed us access to our room.

Not only did this experience totally sour my impression of the hotel (an impression that was already pretty dismal). But it has made me wonder about the value of Gold Elite status in the Marriott Rewards program. SPG gold seems to offer much greater recognition and privileges and the staff at SPG properties I have stayed in have always been extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for your time in posting comments about your stay with us, and please accept our apologies for the experience you encountered. We appreciate your continued loyalty to the Marriott family of hotels, and value you as a Gold Elite member. Unfortunately, there are times when we are not able to accommodate late check-out requests. For instance, if we are anticipating full capacity, our housekeeping staff must service each room in time for our 4pm check-in. That being said, we will review your comments with our front desk staff to ensure a smooth process for future guests. Should your travels bring you back to Beverly Hills, we hope that you will give us another chance to earn your business.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 January 2014

the GM works actively at the breakfast buffet. Thats quite unique and a very friendly and nice touch. All the staff is polite and helpful. The breakfast buffet is quite crowded. The location is very good for businessmen(-women) and for holiday makers alike. The price depends on the season… rather high. In general a very positive stay in LA… Lots of shops and stores in the near vicinity.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bernhardb15
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Checked in early as we arrived early and our room was free which was fantastic! Unfortunately there was no map of local surroundings given which was really needed as there is not much within view from the hotel. The room was great however I did ask for the sofa bed to be made however it was not made and I had to ask again but overall it was a nice hotel but not in the best location.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
#100 of 350 in Los Angeles
Mr. C Beverly Hills
Mr. C Beverly Hills
#57 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Residence Inn Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!