“NICE PLACE TO STAY IN A VERY GOOD LOCATION”

Residence Inn Beverly Hills
Ranked #35 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Their were many aspects of this hotel that made it one of the best we have stayed at so far. For example, the breakfast was unbeatable! They served omelettes to waffles, it was great. Luckily, during our stay we also were able to eat our dinners and wine/beer as well. The patio was outstanding which overlooked beverly and pico. My only flaw with this hotel was the sheets in the closets smelled horrible as if they werent washed for at least 6 months... as well as the sofa bed in bad shape. however, with some added sheets it made it okay. I had a King sized suite anyways, couldnt complain. The service was absolutely the best I have seen in a while. Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting beverly hills area and do not want to spend a fortune doing so.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2010

We very much appreciate your time in posting your comments! It is great to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and evening receptions, and that you found our central location to be so convenient. I apologize for the condition of the extra sheets, but it sounds like our staff took care of it quickly. Again, we thank you for your time and look forward to seeing you here again soon!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Beverly Hills

Reviewed 3 September 2010

I am a bit of creature of habit...I always stay at a Marriott (102 nights so far this year -ugh!). I stay at Marriotts because they are predictable, generally clean and convenient. I recently stayed 9 nights at the Beverly Hills Residence Inn followed by another 3 night stay. I also never write reviews about a Marriott hotel on tripadvisor, however, this hotel compelled me to change my ways.

First of all, this hotel is a great value. You get a studio room with a small kitchenette all for less than $200 a night... in LA! There are not too many other hotels around (other than a dump) that offer that kind of pricing for what you get.

Secondly this Residence Inn has all the typical qualities of a Residence Inn (free breakfast and internet) and more. When you check in there are a number of people on hand to help you...feels more like a regular Marriott. They also have a bellman...not typical for a Residence Inn and they have safes in every room...not even Marriott hotels have this amenity, and when you are staying for multiple nights it is a great thing to have. They also have a small bar that is open Monday to Friday and every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night they offer snacks, wine and beer. Unlike other Residence Inns they restock the snacks regularly over the snack hour so even if you arrive well after the start you can still get something to eat.

Location wise the hotel is pretty central to most of LA. The area is quiet at night and there is a supermarket just up the street that is open from 6am to 1am daily. There are a couple of dry cleaners in easy walking distance and the hotel also has a Hertz desk if you want to rent a car for the day.

The rooms are quite spacious and always clean. The layout is different from room to room. This building was originally a hospital so that explains the huge elevators and different rooms.

Overall this is not only a great Residence Inn but a very good hotel. The only small gripe is that parking is valet only and $20 per day (the daily charge does decrease depending on the number of days you stay). The valets are very fast so you never have to wait for your car, however, paying for parking at a Residence Inn just seems wrong. In the hotel's defense, this is LA and every other hotel in the area charges for parking and a number much more than $20.00. If the hotel changed the fee to $10.00 per night I would think that would be reasonable for a Residence Inn. As I said...small gripe.

The staff are great, the hotel is more than you would expect and location is central. As I said in the title...location, value and service - this place can't be beat!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Altaskibum

We appreciate your detailed review about your recent stays with us, and are very happy to hear that everything went so well! It is great that you compare us with full-service Marriott properties, as we strive to provide our guests with the best and most useful amenities, including the safes and evening receptions that you mentioned. Again, we truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 3 September 2010

We spent 8 nights at the Residence Inn.
We chose the hotel based on TAs reviewers. We were not disappointed.
We did have a couple of slight problems, but they were quickly resolved by Keenan and Steven, so no harm was done to our enjoyment.
The location was a big plus.
Used the hotel shuttle to Rodeo Drv, The Beverly Centre, and Westfield Century City.
Took the Metro bus to Santa Monica (stop across the road) and also to downtown LA (to see the Emmys).
The included breakfast was good value.
The hotel staff were ALL great, with Becky and Michelle the standouts.
All in all a very enjoyable stay in LA, assisted by the folk at The Residence Inn.
Made the 13hr trip from Australia worthwhile.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank BobbyGAus

Thank you for your time in posting your comments. We're glad to hear that your stay was so enjoyable, and that our staff was instrumental in making it so. Our central location in Beverly Hills really allowed you to see much of Los Angeles! We're happy you were able to stay with us during your trip from Australia, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 28 August 2010

Our family of 4 had a great stay at this hotel. The studio room size was perfect for our family (2 adults, 2 children under 6 years old). The room was very clean. The free morning breakfast was good, but very crowded and difficult to find seating. We ended up bringing the food back to our room to eat. This was the only complaint that I would have. The valet parking was great and they brought the car to us in a timely fashion. We would definitely stay in this hotel again when visiting the area, and would recommend to friends, especially those with children.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2010

We appreciate your time in posting your comments, and are thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay! Sorry to hear that you couldn't find seating for breakfast. Our upcoming renovation will add more seating, so you should have no problem on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 26 August 2010

I spend about 50 nights a year in hotels, primarily on business, and this is one of my favorite hotels. It is a calm refuge in an otherwise very busy area. The staff is quite friendly. The hotel rooms are very "un-cookie-cutter"; each time I stay I get a room with a completely different layout.

I use TripAdvisor, almost exclusively, for my pleasure trips, and this is my first time reviewing, so I hope this is helpful to those searching for a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2010

Thank you for your time in posting your comments! We're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff is so accommodating. We truly appreciate your loyalty, and look forward to your return visits!

Reviewed 22 August 2010

We are staying here now and so far it's as expected except for the coffee. It's awful. I tried both coffee machines and both were bad. Perhaps the hotel is trying to direct business to the expensive coffee shop next door. Maybe tomorrow we will make coffee in the room too see if that's better.

I agree with previous comments about the poor placement of the air conditioning unit so near the lovely bed. Lying there with the air on makes it difficult to hear the tv.

However, since I'm assigned to the hide-a-bed and brought earplugs along, the only noise I heard last night was from the noisy neighbors coming down the hall yelling and slamming doors at 2 am.

I am staying here with my daughter. She is a repeat business customer and likes the location and kitchenette.

So far we have only had to ask for sheets for the hide-a-bed and they came within 10 minutes. I've noticed that the staff has been great even when dealing with some difficult guests.

I would prefer a self park.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2010

We appreciate your time in posting your comments, and I'm sorry to hear that the coffee hasn't been to your liking. Hopefully you will more enjoy the coffee brewed in your room. Our staff has been working hard to make your stay a pleasant one, and aside from a couple minor issues, it sounds like your time with us has been to your liking. We hope the rest of your stay with us is enjoyable as well!

Reviewed 21 August 2010

This was a wonderful hotel. We stayed in a studio with a kitchenette. A letter from the manager was attached to the refrigerator stating that he wanted our stay to be a 10. The room was tastefully appointed and everything was in working order. The bed was super comfortable, the bathroom was roomy and the shower was hot with plenty of water pressure. The living room area was roomy and comfortable with a big screen TV that swiveled to be viewed from the bed. There was complimentary full buffet breakfast daily that was always well managed and well attended The staff was friendly and efficient in all areas. We travel a lot and I consider it a great stay if the Hotel delivers as advertised and I never have to speak to management. I have found that the difference between one hotel and another is usually the management. This manager wanted our stay to be a10 and he and his staff delivered.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Speaking on behalf of our entire staff, let me say thank you for your wonderful comments! We strive for each guest to thoroughly enjoy his/her stay, and we're thrilled to hear that yours was so pleasant. We look forward to your next visit, to once again provide the Level 10 service you expect!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
#107 of 352 in Los Angeles
Mr. C Beverly Hills
Mr. C Beverly Hills
#56 of 352 in Los Angeles

Been to Residence Inn Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!