“Not your typical run of the mill Residence Inn!!”

Residence Inn Beverly Hills
Ranked #36 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I had read a few comments about this hotel undergoing some renovations and was expecting a standard upgrade to carpet and wall coverings. Boy was I wrong! Upon entering the lobby I felt as though I had entered a swank and hip boutique hotel somewhere in Santa Monica or Hollywood. After having a pleasant conversation at check-in with a more than cordial front desk agent and Ed, the bellman, my wife and I continued to our room and encountered several more decor upgrades. The hallways were a soothing blue and the rooms had all the amenities you could ask for. Free high speed internet! Need I say more. The breakfast in the morning was superb! We always stay at a Residence Inn on business and leisure travel because of the great deals and amazing breakfast. As a father of 4, it's all about saving a few bucks. This was my first time at this particular Residence Inn but my wife and I loved the convenient location. Centrally located between downtown LA, Hollywood and Santa Monica, it was easy for us to get around. I will absolutely recommend this hotel to family, friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2011

Thank you for your time in posting your comments! We're happy to hear that you liked our recent renovation. We really tried to capture the essence of our surroundings. It's great that you took advantage of our inclusive amenities, namely the free breakfast and Internet access. We know that your second visit will be more pleasing than the first, and we look forward to seeing you back here!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Beverly Hills

Reviewed 1 March 2011

I had the unfortunate luck of having my company pick this hotel as our meetup for a recent business trip. I got room 118 and it seemed OK until about 5am the next morning when the stench of tater tots and grease woke me up along with the very loud sounds from the street. I called down to the front desk to complain about the smell and I was told that I was directly above the kitchen and that is why my room smelled. I asked to be moved and they said they had several rooms on a higher floor that would get me away from the smell and the noise from the street. I then asked why they didn't give me one of the rooms to begin with?? So at 530 am I had to pack up all of my clothes (which smelled like kitchen grease) and all of my belongings to be moved. I was then told by the employee that moved me that he would take care of the room on my bill. I assumed this meant he would comp me the night since I had to move in the middle of the night but later found out that they only gave me a $50 credit. That was fine but when I talked to the employee at the front desk I was told I could ask for 25,000 points on my Marriott Rewards card. They took my name and number and said the manager would call me the next day to talk to me. I never got a call from the manager and when I followed up with Customer Service they agreed that I should also get points credited to my Marriott Rewards Card. They passed along my complaint to the manager of the hotel who then decided to respond to my issues. He/she stated that since there are kitchens in the hotel some rooms may smell of food. This was not true in my case since once I went in the hallway there was no stench of kitchen grease, it was only in my room because of the venting from the kitchen. Next they told me that there were not many extra rooms because of the NBA All-Star game. I checked in on 2/14, the game was on 2/20 so that was obviously a lie. And then they said they could not give me a credit of Marriott Rewards Points unless I authorized them to charge my credit card $50. The manager was completely rude and should be ashamed of how they treat their customers. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone ever because of it.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank eileeno14
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2011

We appreciate the feedback from your stay, and apologize for your negative experience. Please allow us to clarify some of these issues. The smell of kitchen grease is not something we want our guests to experience, which is why we happily moved you to another room and offered a discount to the room. However, in your call to Customer Service, you stated that the $50 credit wasn't going to benefit you personally since your company was paying for the room. This is a fair assessment, which is why we offered the 25,000 Marriott Rewards points instead. We simply asked to reverse the $50 credit you initially received, which wasn't a benefit to you, so we could then award the points to your account. We were in no way trying to charge you for these points, as you suggest in your review. If you are still interested in receiving these points, our offer still stands. Please contact us directly so we can add these points to your account.

Reviewed 18 February 2011

Newly renovated, excellent front desk + housekeeping staff, breakfast was great & included omelette station, Hertz on premises was convenient, safe area. Parking fees are typical for L.A.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2011

We appreciate your time in posting your comments! We work hard to give our guests great service, so we'll pass along your comments to the front desk and housekeeping staff. Glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as well! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 February 2011

I came into town for a wedding of my cousin. We pulled up to the hotel and immediately was greeted by valet parking and was informed this was the only way to keep our car parked at the hotel. Not a big deal, I proceeded to check in. The lobby and 1st floor is very modern, lots of space and a very generous breakfast area. Staff is equally accommodating and happy to answer any questions. The rooms are a bit cramped (vs. other Residence Inns), but not very surprised. Breakfast situation is excellent, with the staff even bringing out items well past breakfast time. Beware of the parking of $20+/day including tax to keep your car at the hotel, no kidding! Besides that, terrific Residence Inn property!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2011

Thank you for your time in posting your comments, and we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please note that we have added a self-parking option for overnight guests, beginning in January 2011. Valet parking is still avaiable for guests who so choose. At first the cost of parking may seem a little high, but this is the best way for us to guarantee parking for our guests in a clean and secure environment. Also, we are actually priced below neighboring full service hotels in the area. We hope you'll consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to the Beverly Hills area.

Reviewed 20 January 2011

Every time I travel to the Los Angeles/Beverly Hills area, I always stay at the Residence Inn Beverly Hills. Their staff are always friendly, accommodating and allowing pets makes it perfect for me. I am always impressed with the Residence Inn Beverly Hills, but let me tell you, my last visit blew me away!

The hotel was recently renovated and the hotel just oozes style & sophistication with a casual elegance. The work done is incredibly impressive with a warm and welcoming lobby with a dining area where the complimentary breakfast is served. I was pleasantly surprised when at breakfast, a new omelet station was added where a custom omelet or egg creation is made to order.

The guest rooms have some of best amenities including a great kitchen and dining area, super plush pillows and bedding as well as flat panel TV which can swivel to be seen on the couch, at the desk, in the kitchen or in bed. Add in the complimentary wireless internet and you practically never need to leave the hotel and go to Rodeo Drive, LA Live or any of the studios which are very close by.

I love this hotel and cannot recommend it enough. You must stay here on your trip to Beverly Hills!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

Thank you for your time in posting your comments! We're thrilled to hear that you are pleased with our finished product, as the lobby and guest rooms have all been completely transformed. The lobby and breakfast area have a new modern look, while maintaining functionality and space. And the omelet station has been a huge hit with our guests! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 January 2011

The newly renovated rooms look amazing!
And the free continental breakfast is wonderful for someone who is exploring the city!

I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sftoneman84
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2011

We appreciate your comments, and we're happy to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms, and that our complimentary full breakfast buffet suited your needs. We look forward to seeing you here again soon!

Reviewed 4 January 2011

it was a great hotel and so close to everywhere in beverly hiils. The staff was great and like the new look.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2011

Thank you for your comments, and we're thrilled to hear that you like our new look! The entire lobby and all the guest rooms have been completely renovated and are now available.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
#107 of 352 in Los Angeles
Mr. C Beverly Hills
Mr. C Beverly Hills
#52 of 352 in Los Angeles

Been to Residence Inn Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!