“Nice hotel- something different”

SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Ranked #26 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the SLS whilst visiting from Australia and have found the service at all levels to be excellent.
On both occasions we have availed ourselves to the hotels car/ driver service that will drop you in the near by areas,I must say that the driver named Danny is exceptional in every way, he has a great knowledge of the area, great with kids and nothing is a problem for him- he is a credit to the hotel.
The rooms and bedding are clean and comfortable, I have to agree with some of the other reviews about the lighting, it is a bit to dim which can be frustrating but I do understand that the lighting is in keeping with the design and concept of the hotel.
One trivial but frustrating issue was the ironing board, it is tiny and has legs that are less than a foot high so we had to balance it on the table in the room to do any ironing.
The hotel is not cheap but you are paying for a complete service with nice and comfortable rooms and you couldn't find a better location.
I would stay at the SLS again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to the property and for your continued loyalty. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay and we look forward to your continued visits when traveling to the US! Thank you for your feedback, it is extremely helpful as we continue to grow our brand. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

There are newer reviews for SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Very Nice hotel in Beverly Hills. The location is great.
We were on our honeymoon trip and we stopped over for two nights.
We loved the room, the amenities, its cleanliness, the service.
If we can say something negative that would be only for the breakfast which we found poor. There is a catalogue that allows you to order more but that is on extra charge.
The value for money in general was ok.
In case we visited again L.A, we would possibly visit the hotel once again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stam H

Thank you for your recent visit and Congratulations on your nuptials! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Congratulations again!

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I was staying at SLS Hotel for 4 nights. The location was great, right next to Beverly Center, 5 min drive to The Grove. And the hotel provide complimentary drop-off service for anywhere within 2 miles.

Room is quite spacious, and we got a terrace, which was shared with a neighbor. Lots of design elements throughout the hotel. Staff are helpful and friendly.

SLS truly made our time at LA a better enjoyment! Will definitely come back next time.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you so much! We look forward to having you back in the near future!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Fantastic Stay! Amazing Service! Great Location! ...and CLEAN!

I was concerned about my stay at the SLS due to a handful of of negative reviews. However, after my stay last weekend, I'm happy to write a thrilling review and say I would dfinitely stay there again.

The staff and service were amazing. Everyone was very welcoming and accomodating. They helped make the stay memorable.

Location was fantastic and I enjoyed the people watching at the pool, restaurant and lobby. Very LA!

The room was beyond clean and comfortable. If you're into modern, clean lines, this is for you. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom/shower was awesome. The rooms are very large. My only negative is that there was a lot of wasted space in the room. Beside that, it was appointed well.

I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the 6th floor near the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed over Christmas and enjoyed our stay. Definitely not business as the lighting in the rooms is very dim. TV is imbedded in huge glass "wall" making the TV look small by comparison (but it DOES have video inputs so YEAH, able to play iPad/own videos!). Bathroom has poor lighting so extremely difficult for applying makeup, putting in contacts, etc. Shower, no tub, is all back tile, so can't tell how cleaned everything was. Bed is very comfortable.

The check in desk was very helpful to me and friendly, even if that area is rather dark. The lobby/breakfast area is very trendy with lighted plastic molds of stag heads, sort of like Harry Potter's patronus! They do offer a continental breakfast with excellent yogurt, fruit, juices and coffee/tea. Lots of books used as decor, but I actually read a few during my stay - nice touch!

If quiet/sleep is important, ask for room away from La Cienega/street facing side. We had an interior room over looking the roof of the atrium (so no view), it was very quiet. The pool on the roof doesn't seem heated so not an option in December! The spa & exercise areas are great. Used the gym everyday and had my choice of elliptical machines, free weights, treadmills, etc. plus some other novel exercise equipment, where else but in LA! The spa is very nice with steam & dry saunas; massage was excellent.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms, ask to be away from street/La Cienega side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience. Please do not hesitate to inquire about additional lighting for your room and we will be happy to supply you with that upon your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The good part about the hotel is the location, located next to the beverly center, nice uncramped location. but the good part stops there. the lobby and check in counter is itself gives u a bad vibe. poorly lit and gaudily furnished would be the apt description with red dim lights put in to welcome you. the corriors towards the room are all grey with no warmth at all. the room itself was all grey with a steel basin giving you a hospital kind of feeling. we were made to pay 160 usd for 2 calls to india lasting 5 minutes each. we specifically asked for the prices before but did not get an answer. concierge service is ok and the restaurant bazaar is ok. we got a rude maitre 'd at the restaurant that serves breakfast. thankfully we stayed there only 2 nights. all in all a must avoid hotel which costs 400 USD + a night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank manan31784
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills; however, please accept my sincere apologies for the unfortunate experiences you encountered during your recent stay. I can assure you I will be speaking with my management team to ensure these items are properly examined so we can ensure no other guest experiences this. Please accept my sincere apologies. I'd ask that you reach out to us at sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollection.com so we can discuss the details of your stay further. We do hope you will consider giving SLS a second chance so we can show you just how magical the hotel truly is.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I went there for Thanksgiving with some friends, and I absolutely loved it! There are so many hotels who claim to be modern, art deco &Cie, but this hotel takes it to an upper level! It is really really trendy, the rooms are big (very!), and probably the cleanest hotel I've ever been too. Also, they have the quickest service ever, it's literally like they know in advance when you're going to call and what you're going to ask! :D . The pool and rooftop is a must-go too, you'll enjoy it. Anyway, don't go somewhere else!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. Whether it may be business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!