SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Ranked #29 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Calgary, Canada
“What a Hotel!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We just got back from a trip to LA / Beverly Hills / West Hollywood. We chose to stay at the SLS Beverly Hills because of the location (that, and the pictures on the Internet looked very nice). Overall, we were very happy with the hotel and here's our assessment:
Positives:
+ fantastic modern design
+ staff was very friendly and helpful
+ bathroom is very spacious with an over-sized shower
+ great location (close to the Beverly Center, restaurant row, etc.)
+ the gym was open 24 hours and the machines were well kept and maintained
Negative:
- the signs leading to our room was a little misleading and we had trouble finding our room on the first night
Other than that, we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AHK403

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my family of two really enjoyed our time during our stay at the SLS hotel. Everything was perfect and the best was the bazaar restaurant for dinner. The rooms are spacious. Make sure not to stay at the room just over the valet area! It's going to be noisy due to the super cars that come.

One negative point would be is that I requested a crib once I did the booking online which I did not get once I entered the room. Later on the same day afternoon we requested for a crib while we were leaving for dinner. We came back at 9pm there was still no crib for my daughter. Requested a crib once again and instead got an extra bed. To make the story shorter, I got the crib by 11pm while my daughter was sleeping on our bed.

This was negative point otherwise everything was perfect . Most probably I will visit the SLS again soon.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Essa S
Vancouver
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Very delayed review but thought I'd write one nonetheless. Stayed here for a buddies stag last May. Great hotel for a party trip, great pool set up, close to a lot of the nightclubs and the restaurant next door is fantastic. I thought the rooms were great, great pool and very good service. I have nothing but positive things to say about my stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was our second trip to the SLS. A repeat visit to a hotel either makes you remember why you loved it, or surprises you with the things you have overlooked. I can honestly our family enjoyed it more this time. It is a very fun hotel. We had 2 rooms and each of them were very different, but very cool and interesting. You feel like you are someplace special and if you take the time to notice the little touches you will be suitably impressed. When you pull in they do give you a bit of the movie star treatment and that is a lot of fun, but I will say be prepared with a lot of small bills (5's) for all of your new best friends who run to open your car doors and chat with you. While it is nice to feel pampered, you do feel a bit compelled to OVER tip.
This time the weather was perfect and we got to hang out on the roof top pool which was very fun and cool. This hotel is luxurious, but it is not like a 4 seasons or a a Ritz. I don't mean that in a bad way. If you want fun luxury and to feel like you are at an A list party this is for you. If you are looking for beautiful, quiet and sedate it is not. I feel that is something that is so important. If you read the negative reviews, this is the underlying issue. If you come here knowing what you want and what to expect, you will LOVE it. If you hear 5 Star in Beverly Hills and you are thinking something quiet and laid back you may not. It was and is a great hotel and I would say that I feel the staff was even better this time. My only complaint was that aside from the breakfast being obscenely priced, there was almost nothing to it. How many days can you eat a crossaint and a bowl of granola. Great coffee though. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank arosen15
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

So we stayed for my girl friends 30th birthday. We had a great check in with Andre. He checked us into a beautiful double bed room. The room is huge! Loved the Tub. The stemware is also very chic.
We ordered the grilled cheese thru room service which was delich. Sergio was very nice and very prompt.
We went to dinner at SUR that night and they drove us there in a Mercedes van. It was awesome! Dan was so sweet! Really made our night being dropped off in a mini party bus.
We went to have a night cap at the bazaar. Love love love that bar. The decor is beautiful! We also got our tarot cards read by Mishel. She was really good. I loved that they offered that service. It definitely added to the whole experience of the luxurious SLS.
Overall we couldn't have asked for a better stay. Love love love SLS! Can't wait to go back

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have been working in LA are for 7 months and have stayed at all the SPG propertiates in the area but the SLS takes the cake by far. It is a very personnal enviroment. Neda, Justin and Stephanie along with the entire staff have made it feel like a home away from home. They are so personnal and kind, always going the extra mile to make me feel like I am part of the SBE/ SPG family. I could not say more about the staff the accomedations as they are the best will clean and large rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

The rooms are comfortable, the concierge is excellent, the service from the front desk, the valet, and bellman is very good.
I find the location of the hotel excellent. While the restaurant is good for convenience and the lobby restaurant is good for a drink and snack, for breakfast and dinner there are many other options close by where the food is excellent.
Not enough storage space to accommodate our things and the lighting is very poor particularly for applying cosmetics.
Overall, we would stay here again, but those considering this property should weigh the relative benefits.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! I greatly appreciate the feedback you have provided to us and hope you will consider a second visit to the property. Should you wish to discuss any additional details please do not hesitate to contact us at sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollection.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Mr. C Beverly Hills
Mr. C Beverly Hills
#52 of 351 in Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!