“In search of Excellence!”

SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Ranked #26 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Something wonderful is happening at the SLS in Beverly Hills. It has to do with the interaction of the Total Guest Experience!
Team work is so valuable to succeed in providing quality care an concern for the optimal Hotel guest stay! and that is exactly what we found at The SLS in Beverly Hills .
I cannot say enough about the attention and care we received from everyone and it was consistent throughout our stay!
Let's make this simple our stay was unmatched when it comes to the all the parameters that make a great Hotel experience !
And it is happening right now in Beverly Hill at the SLS!
It was truley wonderful ! A Hotel that stops nothing short of true excellence !
Thanks you from the Dr William and Joslin Seeds ! We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2014
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

We are so pleased to hear of the wonderful experience you encountered. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future! Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

After trying out a bunch of hotels in the Beverly Hills area, I've found one that I like.

The SLS hotel is well located, modern, has extremely friendly and accommodating staff and has a great vibe.

After staying here recently I found it to be the perfect spot to host business meetings and unwind after a busy day on the road. The hotel has a number of different accompanied rooms and all are spacious and well appointed with high-end furniture and accessories.

It was truly like a home away from home and enjoyed the vibe in the evenings as the hotel has a lot going on and is a bit of a destination spot.

I will definitely being staying here again in the near future and will highly recommend it for anyone from families to biz execs to couples seeking a romantic getaway.

1  Thank mmadvisory
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS! Whether it may be business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I read so many of the reviews before staying here and I just don't understand the complaints. Although some are true i'd consider them very minor imperfections. For example, yes the hotel has a unique modern design, yes the lighting is dark in the rooms, yes the room is awkwardly designed with a weird sink & yes it's expensive! But going in knowing all of this made my stay much more pleasant.

Positives: service is exceptional, continuously greeted by front desk. Pool staff and valet deserve an extra thank you for going above and beyond. The rooftop pool is beautiful, food and drinks were also good there. Location is excellent, most sightseeing spots are within 10-15 min away. Beautiful entry/ valet area (makes you feel important each time you arrive). Large bathroom & shower. Spa was amazing (best facial ever).
Great drinks at the bar.

I enjoy having a lively hotel, my room was on a top floor so it was no problem to escape the noise when I wanted peace and quiet. The bar area, lobby, and bazaar restaurant are definitely quite busy and open to the public. But this made the hotel more interesting. It is mostly a hip younger crowd but some mid-age folks were enjoying themselves as well. I spotted a few celebrities including my favorite r&b singer.

2 big disappointments: the food at the bazaar was exactly that "bazaar". I am a foodie but this meal was the worse and most expensive meal I have ever had. $400 for 2 people with only 2 drinks and no dessert! The waiter talked us into buying a steak that wasn't on the menu without disclosing the price, received the bill and the steak alone was $100. So be careful, waiters are really salesman in disguise. Second was they messed up our overall bill with the hotel. So check your printout and try to resolve the issue ASAP.

Finally, I would like to note that we were a family of 4 with two children ages 7 & 10. I was very concerned with staying here with them but the staff was very welcoming, it's the guests you have to be concerned with. There were some potty mouths, drunks, and weed smokers present. However, my children didn't notice and we spent a lot of time away from the hotel.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially for singles looking for a good time or couples looking for a romantic fun time together. I can't wait to return!!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank seetheworldb4ureyes

Thank you for your recent visit. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is a lit bit different and very well done. The service is excellent. The attention to you as a guest is exceptional. From the moment i checked in I was treated as an individual and felt like I was the only one staying at the hotel.

My Room, a king bed room, was on the small side but adequate. Very well appointed with a comfortable bed and side sofa. The bathroom was well executed and the amenities of the highest standard. The room decor was fresh, vibrant, hip and modern. Whoever decided on the placement of the lamp / light over the accessory table needs an education in ergonomics, whilst it looks good you literally keep running into it.

The rooms could do with a little extra lighting, that said the mood of the hotel and the funkiness of the common areas lend itself to the darker environment.

The pool bar and pool area are very well executed. I was a little disappointed to see Cabanas and deck chairs "reserved" for excessively long periods with no one utilising them. Management needs to better manage this, especially when there are no available seats yet plenty of reserved unused seats.

The common areas are hip trendy and warm that just makes you want to sit and watch the people around you. The house car is a great touch with complimentary (a small tip to the driver) for travel within 2 miles of the hotel.

The location is very convenient to shopping at the Grove and the Beverly Centre and Rodeo Drive is not far away. There is plenty of high quality local restaurants and Robertson avenue is a 10 minute walk away.

I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: High floor so you can get the natural light
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Looking forward to welcoming you back! Until we speak again....Savor Life Slowly!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have stayed at many of the best hotels in LA. However it is safe to say the SLS will be the last. Yes, you can expect the usual eye candy and fan fair that accompanies a hotel of this local and standard... And of course there is the glitzy entrance and finely coifed hotel staff that lives up to every expectation... However what MAKES this hotel stand alone, is the staff themselves. The effortless way I noticed they made each guest feel important and understood at the height of their busy hour, without breaking a sweat, or loosing a smile. The warmth at which I was greeted each day. And the above and beyond service! The other gem that I must mention, is the surprising quality of dining options; One night at the Bazaar, and I canceled my remaining reservations for the week. Over 80 artfully created, mouth watering, tapas selections line the pages of the menu. For a foodie like myself, who is keen to try a bit of everything... This was heaven! I had the pleasure of sitting at the bar. There I could watch the chefs dedicate themselves to each dish and occasionally be offered a taste on the house. Than the short walk to my soft sheets and sleek, high tech room each night? I found my Oasis.

One good tip; If you enjoy tea, than I highly recommend the afternoon tea service. The setting is perfect for a day with the girls and the delicate array of tasty, and the exotic assortment of teas, is sure to make for a memorable occasion.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent visit! I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on service excellence and so happy you enjoyed your encounters with our ambassadors. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The SLS is modern and retro chic. We were greeted by friendly and professional staff that were quick to assist in addition to offering their concierge friendly services on tap. We had drinks downstairs - MUST get the Ultimate Gin n Tonic. The Bazaar is a beautiful restaurant with a very edgy but palette accessible menu. Decadent and upscale to be expected. The pool area is situated above beverly hills and has an amazing bar/DJ setup. It's a social and be-seen arrangement and I love that the staff is so welcoming and fast there. I love the ambiance of the hotel - they really wanted a substantial, artistically influenced, non-period adjusted and overall fabulous and fun presentation. Our room was a sultry, modern and almost boutique showroom resembling a Gucci/Tom Ford parlor. The bathroom has a sliding mirror partition which makes the space that much more social and open. But the bronzed mirrors and ambience will always make you feel relaxed and in great lighting. It was like a sexy instagram filter, all the time. LOL! I wish there were places like this in SF.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future! Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I loved our weekend at the SLS. You feel like a trend setter in this unique casually upscale setting. The service was good, however tinged with snobbery, probably to be expected in Beverly Hills. The weekend brunch in the lobby restaurant is not to be missed. Recommend using the free hotel limo to bring you to Rodeo, Forest our driver made it especially fun!

• Stayed: April 2014
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! I am so pleased to read of your wonderful comments; however, please accept my sincere apologies for the unfortunate service experience you had. We pride ourselves on service excellence and I'm sorry we fell short of this. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the property and look forward to showing you how magical SLS truly is! Until we speak again...Sparkle Like Sunshine!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!