“Trendy hotel with the dark and small rooms”

SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Ranked #26 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at several SLS Hotels. The location of this one was great and I really liked the pool that they had upstairs as it is quite a scene for a good time for fun people.

Pros: the staff was incredibly kind and attentive. Cleaning crew was meticulous with the room. The pool is a great hang out however you must get there early

Cons: rooms are incredibly small and dark. We rented a standard sweet and I was not happy with the very little room we had and I think it's very trendy to have mirrors everywhere however at least make them a normal color so maybe we could use them.
Although I say the pool is great which it is… You must get there at 9 AM to reserve an overpriced bed cabana or lay your personal items on no more than two chairs. You must get there early I cannot emphasize enough. The service is good at the pool and I will say that is a pro as well. The deck however is worse then hot black asphalt in Texas on a summer day and when needing to use the restroom you must run and burn the bottom of your feet or make sure you always wear your shoes

Overall I would stay here again but I would be prepared for the tiny room and not so put off

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Txsgrl81
There are newer reviews for SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills

Reviewed 27 May 2014

hip place with very nice rooms. Drinks at the bar were great...a nice place to have dinner, and also a nice place for breakfast.

pool is very nice...but it may be hard to get a cabana bed. if you cant get a bed its a bummer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed you recent stay ad look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Until next time…Sparkle Like Sunshine!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am a starwood ambassador and have stayed at this property for a month and a half so I would say my overall experience here is not an isolated incident but reflects an underlying issue within the organization.

Here's a list of things that went wrong here:

1. Lack of smile from all staffs in the hotel, especially the hostess in Tres and the valet guys
2. Free breakfast for platinum members were often not honored, I had to speak with the accounting department several times to take those charges off
3. Staffs are not attentive in the Tres restaurant during breakfast hours, I had to call the waiter to get services almost every single time.
4. I once complained about the valet wait time when I was stuck on the street in front of the hotel for a long while and I said "I waited 10 minutes to come in here". The valet guy told me "I am sure it's less than 10 mins" - I was shocked that he thinks it's okay to speak to their customers that way.
5. I have witnessed multiple occasions of the valet guys being extremely friendly towards seemingly powerful customers and did not show the same friendliness towards the "commoners"

To be fair, the room is nice itself but I would never stay there again. It's a shame that a property which holds itself to be one of the trendiest and most upscale properties in LA can have such subpar services and attitude.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank dubilx
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay; however, please accept my sincere apologies for the unfortunate experiences you have had. I greatly appreciate the time you have spent to bring these items to our attention so we can best manage the challenges our guests encounter. I can assure you I will be taking your comments to my team for further examination and will be speaking to the proper management to best fix these concerns. I would like to ask that you reach out to us at sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollection.com so that we can best understand your experience in hopes of resolving some of the challenges you encountered. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at the SLS a few weeks ago and complietely loved it. Greaet decor, very nice rooms, friendly staff and amazing food. We enjoyed breakfast at Tres and LOVED dinner at The Bazaar; service was excellent and food was top notch. The gym was very nice and had enough equipment for a good workout. Staff was always helpful and friendly. Overall, SLS is modern, fun and a great spot for people-watching.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your recent stay and wonderful comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Only complaint is the headboards next to the beds ..they hover over the bed and I hit my head every night multiple times....I would say this hotel is a party hotel so if you are looking to have fun dont stay here. More for business and couples wanting to relax.

Room Tip: Get a terrace room.... Eat breakfast in the hotel..crazy food Valet is $38 a day...even if you are...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Isaac7728

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and recent stay! I do greatly appreciate your feedback, and can assure you we take our guests comments into significant consideration. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the property! Until we speak again…Sparkle Like Sunshine!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed at the SLS back in April for a conference in LA. What a treat! Loved everything from the sense of arrival to the super modern rooms. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to LA/Beverly Hills. My only complaint (small one) was the lighting in the bathroom. The lighting made it difficult to get ready. Other than that, no complaints here. The young car driver was super friendly, as well as everyone I encountered at the Front Desk and Bell/Valet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent visit and feedback from your experience. I greatly appreciate the information you have shared with us as we continue to grow and improve the property. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future! Until we speak again….Savor Life Slowly!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I am more on the side of staying at traditional, cozy hotels but we wanted to give SLS a try. We had a great expirience so much fun food was great, I felt it was toooo dark like the hallways and everything but it is their concept and it is ok.!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit to the property. We greatly appreciate the details you have shared with us and do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!