SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$216
  • Pool
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$612
US$307
US$562
US$448
  • Beachfront
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$425
US$440
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
1,984 results
All reviewsbeverly hillsbazaar restaurantrooftop pooljose andresphilippe starckciel spaterrace roomstudio suitehouse carla cienegabeverly centerred carpetrodeo drivefavorite hotelhotel guestswest hollywoodvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a 5-star hotel in Beverly or surroundings to have a 1-night getaway to celebrate our anniversary. SLS Hotel stood out among the other world-caliber competitors nearby because of its modern interesting design and Saam, the exclusive dining room inside The Bazaar by Jose Andres serving 22 course.

We arrived at 5 pm and it took them a long time to check us in. Many people arrived after us were checked in and walked up to their rooms. So when I finally asked why, he said the suite was taken and occupied but he's trying his best. 15 mins additional later, finally, we were able to go to our room.

We booked one of the smaller suites. But honestly when we walked into our room, it didn't feel as big as it was stated on the room description on their website when I was trying to book it. "The Bose stereo surround system" is a LIE. I was ready to play my music on the Bose but it was nowhere to be found. I only saw an old alarm clock/iPod radio that's not even compatible with my iphone 5. So I called the service button, he said there is NO Bose stereo system anywhere. Ok...

Another major thing, when I looked out from the only small window in the room, 1/3 of it blocked by a deck (roof of the valet reception below us). Later on I also realized it was a handicapped accessible room along with the high toilet and walk-in shower only.

I called the front desk and told them that I wasn't happy with the room but he said there is no other same/bigger room available unless I want to downgrade to a regular double room. He also mentioned that they're only 4-story high and it's in the city so they don't really have a spectacular view. No, I didn't expect a "spectacular" view, I didn't even have a "view", it was blocked by the deck. So then he said, "Sorry, I know it's your anniversary. Can we bring you some chocolate and a bottle of champagne then?" I appreciate the effort, I guess, but many other 5-star hotels I've stayed at provided that all ready in my room when I first walked in, whether it was a welcome cake or note, or anniversary treat, etc. This property didnt even have the room for us.

I got to say that my highlight of this stay was our dinner reservation at Saam. It's an exclusive dining room inside The Bazaar by Jose Andres serving 22 course with accompaniment wine/beer. The reservation was done smoothly by Tiffany through email. We waited for about 10 mins at The Bazaar reception until a hostess from Saam greeted us and ushered us to the back into the room. It was one of the best meals I've had so far. It was creatively done, truly culinary art. Each dish was presented very nicely and unique and it was sophisticatedly delicious. The service was excellent, attentive, informative, and helpful. I have highly recommended Saam to my friends and family. I'll be back myself. Saam earned my star.

Location wise, it was close to shops, cafés, markets, Beverly Center Mall. It is not not-kid-friendly, but if I travel with my kids from out of town, I'd stay somewhere else that's more fun who can offer more for the family. This hotel is more like a lounge-hotel.

We checked out the following day and found out I left my 2 Lancer-8oz-bottles of facial products worth $200 in the bathroom, one of them was still full. I called them up and spoke to the supervisor, Gina, in the security/lost and found dept. she said everybody's gone and told me to check back later. In short, it was a back and forth phone calls throughout the week between me and the 2 guys, Jason and George, who was very helpful although the news didnt sound so promising. I was told hundreds of stuff DAILY was turned into the lost and found. On the 6th day, he finally said after further investigation etc they unfortunately couldn't find them.

So I just wondered what ever happened to my stuff? My thoughts were either they were kept by the housekeeper OR thrown away which I thought they should not do. I own businesses where people left their stuff all the time and we always keep them for at least 30 days. Isn't there "law" for this?

So he nicely suggested maybe I should talk to the supervisor to see maybe there's something could be done. I was transferred to Gina again and she was the worst supervisor, ever! The worst attitude, she cut me off many times before I finished my sentence. She spoke short, firm, monotone sentences, no sympathy at all, no apology or "unfortunately". Instead she strongly suggested me to write a letter for whatever reason. Seriously, at this point I know my stuff were gone. All I wanted to hear was some "effort" and perhaps a little sympathy would be nice. Who would have time to write letters for something that's already gone? And the most important thing, I don't need your attitude.

I have left my $8000 watch once in a room at a different hotel before and I got it back without all the attitude. So, if you're one of the hundreds of human who'd accidentally leave your stuff, although you thought you'd double checked, you may want to think twice staying at this hotel.

Some previous reviews mentioned this hotel was very personal. I'm not sure if she was talking about the same hotel. There was no single door man present opening the entrance door in this supposedly 5-star luxury collection hotel.

I don't trust this hotel! I won't be returning or recommending it. And yes, management, I have reached out to the management and all I got was an attitude.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mluv2travel
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I went to Sls for the drinks and rooftop pool didn't get to stay at the hotel. The rooftop pool was amazing! Very swanky and high end place. Drinks were a bit pricey but well worth the ambience. The hotel looked itself from what I saw looked amazing and the location was great.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

If you like the W Hotels or the Morgan Hotel vibe, well this is it. Great rooftop pool,with great scenery, and you can even get a nice view of the city :) the rooms are spacious, housekeeping 2x a day was terrific. Every morning breakfast served in the lobby, very healthy as expected for LA. The spa was one of the best I have been to.... Ask for Marisa, she is terrific. Only complaint was valet parking being $38 per day. Not a problem with the fee being from NYC, but wow not quick getting your car when you need it. Also room service, 45 minutes for a glass of skim milk? Little things make a 4 star a 5 star. Overall great stay, especially if you are young and want a scene.

Room Tip: Some rooms have an outdoor patio on 2!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. I'm so sorry to learn of the challenges you encountered, but happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience. We do look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Until next time…Sparkle Like Sunshine!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

If you wanna see sports stars everywhere this IS the place to stay. The only short coming is that if you want a well lit room this probably isn't the place to stay, they do provide lamps on request which makes a big difference.

Its in a great spot within walking distance to the beverly centre and all nearby places.

The rooms are great and it is a very funky hotel. Pool tables on every level. It's a real party hotel but the walls are very thick so you rarely if ever hear anybody in the neighbouring rooms.

The food is great and the pool is fantastic, now they have limited entry to hotel guests it is easy to get a chair by the pool yet still has a great atmosphere.

If you wanna stay somewhere very LA this is it

Room Tip: The suites are great but all room are good and quite large
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Positives:
-Nice big unique room
-Good drinks, food, and overall service was pretty good.
-The spa is nice and relaxing
-Hotel has a great vibe and interesting clientele

Negatives:
-Service nowhere near the level you'd expect considering the price.
-Checking in took too long and the desk manager ignored us to checking people standing behind us.
-The front desk messed up the bill and overcharged us
-The pool is rather small and cramped
-The "private balcony overlooking a private garden" was just your normal very exposed and non private hotel balcony.
-The price is very high

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steven M

Thank you for your recent stay at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! I greatly appreciate the time you have spent to share the positives as well as the challenges you experienced. We greatly value the feedback you have shared and I can assure you I will be taking it to my team as a means of ensuring improvement. We do hope you will consider a second visit to the property in the near future. Until next time…Sparkle Like Sunshine!