“upscale and elegant”

Ranked #28 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Atlanta, Georgia
“upscale and elegant”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I are SPG members and we selected this SPG hotel for our 3 night stay in LA. It was luxurious and sophisticated. We found the staff to be very attentive, the lobby impressive, the rooms modern and clean, and the hotel amenities top notch. The roof top pool was beautiful. We did have difficulty obtaining a chair midday as they had all been claimed, although the pool area was not crowded with people. Most chairs were being reserved with towels but sat unused. However, we returned in the evening and had the place to ourselves. This worked out quite well actually because it was much more kid friendly later in the day for our teens who were uncomfortable with the adult feel in the early afternoon when no other children were present. We also enjoyed the pool table in the common area on our floor. The rooms were very nice but not family friendly. There is little storage area for multiple suitcases and the bathroom offers little privacy as well. I do not think this hotel is designed for families and is much more suited for adults. I would definitely stay here again with my spouse but would likely pick another hotel if the kids are in tow.

Room Tip: This is a sexy hotel perfect for a romantic getaway
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SLSGMBH, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thanks for your recent stay at SLS. I'm happy to hear that your overall experience was positive and memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My 16 year old daughter and I spent 6 nights at the SLS in Beverley Hills. Great position, walking distance to the Beverley Centre and not far to the Grove, which the hotel car took you to. Friendly, helpful staff at all times. Rooms funky....maybe a little more lighting needed in the bathroom! Loved the television in the mirrored wall! Best experience was the roof top pool! Guacamole made in front of you, dj on weekends playing great mix of music and great people watching spot! Loved all the heels in bathers! We only ate dessert at the hotels restaurant The Bazaar.....Wow! Delicious! Overall would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SLSGMBH, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thanks so much for your recent stay at SLS. I am so glad that you and your daughter enjoyed your time with us and had a fantastic experience. We hope to see you back here soon.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here with my family 2 nights for a wedding. The ballroom, cocktail area were spectacular as was the food for the wedding reception. So as far as attending an event, it was excellent. As a guest, there could be several improvements. First, check-in. I'm not sure why this is, but everyone who I talked to, and no matter what time they checked in, their room was not ready. Mine was not ready either (checking in at 5:30pm). Not only that, they wanted to put me in a lower room than the one I had booked. I had booked mine through the AMEX platinum program which qualifies for an upgrade, but I've never been downgraded before. I was told it's the same room that I booked but on a lower floor. Well...I paid extra for that room, so why am I being downgraded? After several minutes of her going in the back and clicking on the keyboard, our front desk associate found a room that I had booked. I'd say, I spent a good 30 min just trying to check in.

The room I got was a Premiere. Thought it was OK. Odd lighting and bathroom floor gets pretty wet after a shower even with everything closed properly.

Breakfast was a mixed bag. First morning was awesome. We had a large group and they accommodated us by putting us in a private room. Food and service were great. Second morning, it was just my family (wife and kids) and service was lacking. Waitress went missing, we had to ask about our order to anyone who walked by. We're pretty patient, but over 40 min for pancakes, eggs, etc was way too long. The manager came around and ended up picking up half the bill.

Fitness center was nice and wife used the spa which she was very happy.

At checkout, they forgot to credit our breakfast that was included with AMEX program. I pointed this out, and the associate printed out another copy. As I was looking at the bill to make sure everything was correct this time, she rolled her eyes. I didn't see it, but my wife who was waiting a few yards away told me that. Everyone who I encountered at the front desk was very friendly without an attitude, so she was the exception.

Overall, the hotel is beautiful. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful. Ms. Sarah Schwartz, Director of VIP Services, was great. Got a welcome email from her, followed up by a welcome plate full of goodies. Ended up meeting her, and she was so friendly in person.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank adnat70
Thanks for your review. I am glad to hear that your overall experience with us was great. I apologize for any lack in service and we'll definitely take a look at that, to ensure you have a seamless stay next time. We truly look forward to your return!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I recently celebrated my birthday and anniversary at the SLS in Beverly Hills. I could not have hoped for a better experience. Jae and Xavier were amazing and helped to make us feel very welcome. The room was gorgeous, dinner at Bazaar beautiful and the lobby area and pool were wonderful places to relax. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so memorable.
Karen

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for your recent stay at SLS. I am so pleased to hear that your had a nice and enjoyable time with your family. We look forward to your return!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the SLS with my 2 kids for the last 6 nights and we had an excellent experience. The staff is very attentive . They were extremely nice and fast at the front desk during check-in and the entire stay. They couldn't do enough to make me and my children happy. Location is great in the center of all the hot spots. Rooms are beautiful and spacious. Beautiful pool . Drivers were so helpful during the stay. We will definitely stay again . We loved it.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Melissaleonardrealtor
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Went to the SLS in Beverly Hills for a wedding. Loved it, the staff was so attentive, helpful and friendly. Loved the room, a little more light in the bathroom would help. The food was superb in all the restaurants difinilety would go back again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thanks for your review and your recent stay at SLS. I'm so glad to hear your stay and event were enjoyable. We truly look forward to your return!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just did not hit the mark. On my way back to the Far east with a one night stay at this hotel. It is very nice looking but overall not my scene at all. I try staying in local more boutique style hotels but this is too much in your face. The staff are too concerned about themselves.

Check in took ages and the pretty girls get a lot more attention by the porters than me. i ended up carrying my own bag to my room. Nothing wrong with the room at all as expected but the whole arrival process made me a little annoyed.

Check out same story almost incredible. Will not stay here again. Did not have a meal here and went to STK up the road for which I have also written a review....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank willem333
Thanks for your recent stay and your review. I am so sorry the hotel didn't meet your expectations. We will take a look at the things you mentioned to ensure they don't happen again. Please feel free to reach out to us directly in the future so we can ensue you have a wonderful, seamless stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Mr. C Beverly Hills
Mr. C Beverly Hills
#41 of 351 in Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!