SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Ranked #26 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This is a really lovely hotel! The staff are great & the ambience fantastic. The food is ok....the breakfast is awful, really really awful. I would suggest you eat out. Other than that I loved it! The rooms are one if the best I have stayed in but very dark.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Dawnyw
SLSGMBH, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thanks for your recent stay at SLS and I'm so pleased to hear you had an overall, enjoyable time. I'm sorry to hear your breakfast wasn't up to expectations. We'll take a look into that and I'm confident you'll have a better experience during your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Nothing poor to say about this hotel, it is just no over the top. All the rooms are clean and good size. Cool bathroom style. Atmosphere is cool LA with great pool area for adults. Hotel not kid friendly. Location is good with low noise level.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SLSGMBH, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay! I am so happy you enjoyed your overall experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Until next time, Savor Life Slowly.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I just wanted to thank all of the staff at the SLS Beverly Hills for making our trip so great. The room was beautiful, the staff was so courteous and warm, and you cant beat the pool area. It was such a pleasure staying at your hotel and we look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: The studio suite was beautiful. The decor was very funky and had plenty of space to spread out.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SLSGMBH, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! We pride ourselves in great service, so we are thrilled that you had such a memorable time. We look forward to having you back very soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Amazing hotel!! The customer service was outstanding. The hotel location is conveniently located to everything. The rooms were sleek, spacious, clean and beds were very comfortable (at the suggestion of a friend we requests a higher floor not facing the main street). The concierge was extremely helpful and went out of their way to assist us with anything we needed. The rooftop pool was unique and fun. The fitness center was big and modern. The complimentary BMW transportation was a great perk. We didn't get a chance to eat at the hotel (we will on our next visit) but we found a great breakfast placed called The Larder which was right around the corner from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor not facing the main street
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks so much for your recent stay at the SLS. I am so glad to hear that your time with us was wonderful and we look forward to having you back very soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner in June for a week. The rooms are fab, just as you'd expect for the price. Stylish design with fur throws, large tv and a stylish feel. Room service was good and the food was nice although not the highly over priced steak which was disappointing. The staff in the spa were very friendly, it was a lovely quite area where is was a lovely relaxing time. The pool is very small and the pool area is also. The location is good with just a short taxi ride to the main Hollywood strip. Although two of the staff were friendly in particular Forrest which drove the people carrier who could not do enough to help you, we found that a lot of the other members of staff particularly the male staff members that answer the phones where very abrupt and quite arrogant in their manner. The breakfast is very very poor and very limited even though we paid for this we chose to eat out else where due to this. The bar area and general area is very nice and very stylish in a similar style to the rooms, black, whites and chromes etc. A big let down for me was that there were no balconies. We stayed in a high end suite not the basic and we found we missed having a balcony. We also had a driver that takes you within a 2 mile radius, although I would say they are quite strict with the 2 mile radius limit. All in all a good stay just a few points to improve on. A note to the staff that not everyone that has money is arrogant and wants talking to in such a stern abrupt manner.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thanks for your recent stay at SLS. I am pleased to hear that your overall experience was positive and you enjoyed the style and aesthetic of the rooms. We pride ourselves in friendly staff and service, so I am disappointed to hear that some of the members of our team were arrogant. Thank you for this feedback and we'll be sure to address with the team members. Again, thanks for your stay and we truly wish to see you here again.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Entering the lobby I thought there had been a power outage! Very dark and austere. Mirrors everywhere you look. Room was spacious but not user friendly, lots of bells & whistles but not at all practical for families. Bathtub/shower design had many faults, faucets required one to lean out of tub to turn on and then it was a trial and error process of finding which one was going to get which tap working. In the process lots of water goes on the floor. Bed bases were sharp and protruding and I hit my shins many times, we placed pillows over them. NO fridge in the room!! I couldn't believe this!!! In a hotel like this I would expect a fridge. No tea/coffee making facilities. Called the desk to ask where to get one and was told they don't do tea but bring one to the room for $17!!! The venetian blinds looked and worked like they had been there since the 1960's. Poor lighting and once again very impractical (pendant light hanging over table was a hazard!!) We had the uncomfortable experience of watching a bell person being told off by a guest, being belittled and ridiculed in the hallway because he didn't move out of the way for the guest to go by......by this time I wanted out so we were glad to be leaving after 2 nights. Not a family friendly hotel, a little too try hard and pretentious for us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz S

Thanks for your recent stay with us and taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear that your experience wasn't met with a positive outcome. We would love to have you back to ensure that your next stay is seamless. Please reach out to us directly next time and we'll ensure you have a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My Wife and I have stayed at the SLS on 2 previous occassion so we knew the hotel pretty well. Location is great and close to the Beverly Center and a short drive to almost anything you could want to see or go. Our room was great but the only reason I'd give 4 stars this time is the room didn't seem very well kept up surprisingly. There were many scraps and marks on the walls and some items were missing which was strange. Also, kinda of strange that there were a few stains on the carpet but that isn't a deal breaker. Check in and out were a breeze and easy and the service is great here.

Why you come to this hotel in my opinion is the Pool and Bazaar. Both are awesome and well worth going. Pool is the best setup in LA with great loungy setup and beautiful views all around. Our favorite restaurant, The Bazaar is still as good as it was when we first ate here years ago. a nice perk is the coffee bar in the morning in the lobby, especially if you have outside on there great lobby patio. Still think charging for wifi in any hotel is ridiculous especially for how much they charge.

I think this is one of the best hotels in LA and would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your kind review. I am so pleased to hear that your stays with us are always so lovely and your time is enjoyed. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!