“It's always a pleasure to stay here”

SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Ranked #26 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Vancouver
“It's always a pleasure to stay here”
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We love this place. The cutting edge decor is a feast for the eyes. The rooms are fabulous, the bed and bath is to-die-for. Service is exemplary. The staff here really want you to be happy. The power outlet in our bathroom wasn't working and a decor fixture on the closet door fell off but when we called the front desk they sent up a friendly maintenance guy who fixed everything immediately. They even comped us with a food and beverage credit for our trouble. They really take customer satisfaction seriously here. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a unique and memorable luxury hotel experience.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
GMSLS, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
Thank you for the great review and it is always a pleasure to have you stay with us.

SLS Hotel is truly an "unique and memorable luxury hotel experience" and I am pleased that we continue to delight you.

Until we meet again... Sparkle Like Sunshine.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Houston
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I am beyond picky- a true "hotel snob"- loved everything. Great service from custom items in my mini bar to great concierge staff. Everyone there puts the guest first.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank writeholt
Great review! I am so pleased that we were able to delight you.

On behalf of our great Concierge staff and all of us here, we look forward to welcoming you back to SLS Hotel soon!

Thank you.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2010

My wife and I stayed here on the final leg of our honeymoon and all I can say is that we were thoroughly unimpressed with the SLS on several fronts. To be fair our expectations might have been a bit high as previous to our arrival we stayed at a Shangri-La and St. Regis hotel, which were both simply spectacular and elegant. On our arrival at the SLS we found half eaten food in our bar fridge, jewelery from a previous guest that was left on the furniture and a strange yellowish pee-stain on the floor. We also found that the shower didn’t drain properly and within minutes nasty murky water was up to our ankles. Although all of these problems were taken care of in due time, that they existed in the first place was really embarrassing for a hotel that prides itself on luxury and refined service. It also set a very negative tone for the rest of our stay
What we found most unexceptional about the SLS however, was its staff. Except for the valet guys (who were wonderful) the front desk people were very unprofessional. When we raised our concerns about our room we were bounced back and for the between a bunch of people who were all equally clueless on what to do. One even asked sarcastically if we wanted “compensation” as if we were somehow being rude in asking them to remove a previous guests’ garbage. In this regard, everything at the SLS was a chore. Even the rustic cabin that we stayed at in Big Sur far surpassed the SLS in customer service and in making our honeymoon experience special.

And another thing, if the SLS is going to call itself a luxury hotel here is a little advice…it is beyond tacky for their servers to tip themselves on the bill and conveniently call it a “service tax.” Tips are earned, they are not an entitlement - especially for a party of 2. Does the staff work under the table or something?!?!

On the upside the SLS is fantastically located close to all the action in Beverly Hills and Hollywood. The design and décor is certainly unique and interesting and the “discovery” aspect of the hotel is fun, savvy and well designed. I spend a lot of time in LA and was hoping to make this my new go-to hotel. Owing to all these issues however, I don’t think I will be returning anytime soon.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
10 Thank edmoist
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills was not for you.

We will use your comments to continue to improve on our servcie.

Thank you.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 26 June 2010

I was disappointed with this hotel. It is billed as a "luxury" hotel but is really just a W on steroids. If you love pretentiously hip, you will love it. In a nutshell, my room was dimly lit. That is ok for the bar downstairs, but not the guestrooms. The full size shampoo, etc. is a good idea over the tiny sizes but do they leave them in the rooms from guest to guest? That creeps me out. The shower was a joke. There is a rain shower, a spout type thing and a hand held. Sounds great, only one problem. The thick shower curtain did not have an opening where you could reach the faucet. So, once in the shower, i couldn't change the temperature, or between the different shower types. It looks cool but isn't practical. The best part of my stay was breakfast. I had a truly delicious omelette with cheese and wild mushrooms. I will make a point to come to the hotel next time I'm in LA. I won't stay here, but I will definitely eat here. If that omelette is any indication of the food quality, I want to try more. Not a bad hotel, just not for me. If you want an atmosphere that feels like a club, not a hotel, it may be what you're looking for.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank Lynn026
GMSLS, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 27 June 2010
Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that the SLS Hotel was not for you, particulary the design of the hotel. I appreciate the fact that you acknowledged that there were some things here that you did enjoy.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our restaurants hopefully soon!
Corona del Mar, California
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We liked the hotel but the service was horrible. Once we asked for a fork and a knife and waited for 45 minutes. When i called the manager on duty her reply was that they are very busy. We dined at their restaurant called Bazzar. Food is great but it is impossible to enjoy because you always feel ignored. Generally there is this strange feeling that they don't care at all.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Diana0210
Thank you for the review and sharing your comments.

I am sorry that we did not delight you with our service especially since we normally get very high scores of satisfaction from our guests. It is true that we are busy but it is not a reason for not delighting you.

I'll be sure to share your comments with our entire hotel staff so that we can continue to improve and delight all of our guests all the time.
Toronto
Reviewed 24 June 2010

One of the nicest Hotels I've stayed at. The rooftop pool is an all day party on Sundays with live dj and great poolside service. A must see. Fresh fruit in the lobby every day. Location is great.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank michaelbeetoronto
Thank you for the great review and calling the SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills a "Spectacular Hotel."

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 22 June 2010

this is a trendy type hoteland is perfect compliment to Los angeles. very modern and elegent also with wonderful bar and restaurant and pool area with bar. i love it here at this SLS hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
GMSLS, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 30 June 2010
Thank you for the "excellent" review! I am pleased that you love the SLS Hotel.

Until we see you again... Sparkle Like Sunshine!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Mr. C Beverly Hills
Mr. C Beverly Hills
#57 of 350 in Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!