“This place is great.”

Ranked #2 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
“This place is great.”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

From the second we arrived we were looked after like Stars. Every convenience and comfort was offered to us. Early arrival - not a problem. Although this is a low rise and rather dated outside, looks are deceiving. The interior is modern, comfortable and spacious. Our 2 bedroom apartment had more than enough space for my 2 teenage boys, my husband and I. Excellent internet strength. Comfortable bedding. So close to Hollywood Blvd, 2 minute walk, which means everything is at your door step - entertainment, restaurants, tours and the sights and sounds of Hollywood. The free breakfast was not extravagant but had a nice selection of food, nice fresh fruit, yogurt, toast, toppings, teas and coffees with flavour syrups. We were offered take aways to eat later. My washing was done for me and returned in brown wrapping paper with fresh lavender...soooo nice. Nick was so friendly and informative. He always found the time to answer our questions and suggest places to go. I really loved this place and only wish we could get back to LA to stay there again.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite was away from the main building and looked like an old Italian Villa but inside...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AmandaO64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The perfect place to stay in Los Angeles if (like me) you don't know what you're doing & don't have a car - it's a 2 minute walk to Hollywood Blvd, where you can see the Hollywood sign, visit the Chinese Theatre, see Jimmy Kimmel Live & get a hop on / hop off bus to take you to the sights. Aside from that:-

1. The staff are Amazing. The nicest people I've met on this trip (3 months & counting)
2. The rooms are apartments - very large, with kitchen etc. Some have pool-view balconies
3. There's no mini bar, but there is a long list of soft drinks & snacks available, which are free
4. Laundry is done same day and is free
5. Breakfast is included & is great
6. Reception has a long list of delivery services, if you fancy pizza on your balcony
7. Wifi is free

Honestly - I've never stayed anywhere this helpful and nice. Free snacks? The W in New York charged me a fortune for a bottle of water & a bag of M&Ms. Free wifi? The W charged me $15 a day. Free laundry? The W wanted to charge me $2 per item, minimum. And the staff? So helpful, so friendly. And take every bit of advice they give you - they know what they're talking about.

Plus - the rooms are so big - you could easily have a family of 4 in one for a week.

I saved the best for last, though - you can have dinner & see magic at the Magic Castle, if you're a guest at the hotel. I had no idea, when I booked the room. An amazing night of magic & a really nice dinner.

I can't recommend (or thank) this hotel enough. If I lived in the US, I'd be staying here at least once a year, just for the magic. Officially the nicest hotel of my trip so far.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are gorgeous
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Its been said before but the service at Magic Castle is second to none. We stayed here for 4 nights in a 2 bedroom room. We had requested a quiet room and this is what we had. We were arriving on a flight from Sydney early and our room was ready for us. We wanted to go to a baseball match and staff booked it for us and gave us bags of snacks to take, we were given popsicles in the pool. I love that everyday we received a card with that days weather and other bits of information delivered to our room. The room itself was basic but very comfortable and clean, the only downside for us was that both rooms had a queen bed. I was travelling with my mother and 3 kids but it wasn't a big deal and I'm sure if we had mentioned it we would have been changed. Great location, walking distance to Hollywood Boulevard, initially I was a bit worried about the location but we found it to be safe and very quiet. The breakfast was very nice eaten beside the pool. We loved our stay here- thank you Magic Castle if we ever make it back to America we will be sure to visit again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LouisaBean
Brisbane
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We have stayed at the Magic Castle Hotel for the last 4 days and wow we are super impressed, from the front of office staff and all the maid service staff as well as the management team have fantastic customer service skills and great knowledge of the surrounding areas.

Nothing is to much effort for the staff . As we are traveling with two children 11 and 8 this hotel has been a great start to a months holiday 24 hour snacks, complimentary breakfast and the ability to order or book any tour and or dinner reservation. Both girls want to live here!!!

The rooms are big and comfortable and really clean, they are a lovely relief from a busy day and they have a working kitchen if you need a night in with a fantastic food supermarket a block away!!!

The hotel is so close to Hollywood's main attractions and we felt super safe walking to all of our favourite spots. Thanks to the Magic Castle you have made our LA experience one to remember!!!! So glad we did not choose just a hotel room it would not have been the same we feel like a little bit of home lives at the Magic Castle Hotel...

Room Tip: Just ask the staff and they will advise you the best option!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Southport, Australia
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Started off our recent American holiday here and what a way to start. Location was fantastic, yet still quiet enough to get a good night's rest. Sure the room could've been more modern, but the bed was comfortable and room clean. The best thing about this hotel is definitely the people who work there. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone as I know they will receive the same hospitality as we did

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Southport, Australia
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We arrived very early into LAX on the 27th of October and got a shuttle to the hotel. Nick was working on the front desk and was more than happy to store all of our suitcases for us and let us know when our rooms would be available.

We knew that the people here would be taking very good care of us from the get go. The two Nicks, Kevin, Monica and Mallory all had spectacular customer service and went above and beyond the calls of hospitality. We felt like kids in a candy store at this hotel (the complimentary candy helped this fact!).

My partner wanted Lucky Charms for breakfast one morning but to no avail. The next day we had a whole box of Lucky Charms delivered on a platter with milk and bowls and a cute little note saying "We heard you were interested in Lucky Charms so we made them magically appear!!". The fact that they went out of their way to do this for us made our day.

The rooms were lovely and clean and so was the 24 hour pool (still can't believe there was a 24 hour pool!!!). The atmosphere was so relaxed it felt like being at home.

We were set to fly out to San Francisco on the day of the LAX shooting and our flights got cancelled, Nick and Mallory helped us by getting us a hire within the blink of an eye! We didn't have to lift a finger.

I can't thank the staff here enough for their graciousness and hospitality. We were so sad to leave and I can honestly say that this was the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The crazy Australians will be BACK for sure!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had a perfect experience with the magic castle hotel. We arrived from Australia on a 15 hour flight at about 9:30am the hotel were aware of our flight and had a room available for early check in as soon as we arrived which was such a relief to have a place to rest after such a long flight. The location is great for seeing Hollywood only 1 block away from Hollywood blvd. the hotel offered complimentary snacks and drinks and also some DVDs and wifi. The service was the best we have experienced at any hotel the staff all remembered us and gave us so many good suggestions for places to eat and drink. We will return to this hotel for sure!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple