“Still perfect!”

Ranked #2 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Still perfect!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We had stayed in 2012 and were looking forward to returning in 2013 and were not disappointed!

We were in room 207 which is a One Bedroom Suite at the back of the property so very quiet. The balcony overlooked the poor and the room decor was modern.

Breakfast & unlimited snacks are included but what makes this property so amazing is the staff - they clearly love their jobs and this shows. Nothing is too hard and they are super friendly!

Hope to return again in 2014!

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

This funky little hotel next door to the prestigious Magic Castle Club is fantastic. We didn't know what to expect but were very pleasantly surprised. The staff are exceptionally attentive, helpful and will do virtually anything to make your stay truly memorable. We went to dinner at the Magic Club and all we can say is WOW! We wouldn't hesitate to request to stay at the Magic Castle again or recommend it to anyone who wants something a bit different and in the mix of things.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the magic castle hotel for 2nights.the service was out of this world.staffqefe so friendly and fun our daughter was really unwell and they were very caring and empathetic with us and helped out heaps. The snacks were so good and just kept coming! Rooms were small and nothing special but the service and location made up for that :)

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Larneyb14
HotelManager, General Manager at Magic Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. On behalf of the entire staff, we hope your daughter is doing better.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the hotel so much. With regard to your comment about the rooms being small, I am assuming that you were in one of our seven "Single" rooms, which are indeed pretty small. For the TripAdvisor readers out there, most of our rooms are actually Suites which are approximately 575 Sq Feet (53 Sq Meters) and include a full kitchen, dining area, living room, and separate private bedroom. We also have some suites with two private bedrooms. I'm only mentioning this because one of the features that make us so unique, is in fact our very large rooms.

Thank you again. Please come back soon and be sure to ask for me so I can personally see to it that you get a great room!!

Darren Ross
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Wow - this is our second visit to Magic Castle Hollywood and it is still as good as ever. Location is amazing and the Staff are just so friendly and helpful - always happy and smiling and nothing is ever too much trouble for them. The rooms are clean with really comfortable beds and it is great to have a nice breakfast as part of the deal.
Thank you to the Team - you certainly know how to make visitors feel welcome.
The Servanties, Auckland NZ.

Room Tip: I think the higher floors are better and more private as breakfast and pool are in the courtyard whe...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The perfect place to stay in LA so convenient to Hollywood Blvd. Great place for families and from check in the staff were so friendly and helpful on how to get around. Particular mention to Nick, Nick D, Kevin and Malarie who always had smiles on their faces and really enjoy working here. Providing breakfast was so nice and we have no hesitation in recommending staying here at Magic Castle, so convenient and clean. Thank you for making our stay so nice and thanks to the reviews on tripadvisor as they were spot on.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 November 2013

From the second we arrived we were looked after like Stars. Every convenience and comfort was offered to us. Early arrival - not a problem. Although this is a low rise and rather dated outside, looks are deceiving. The interior is modern, comfortable and spacious. Our 2 bedroom apartment had more than enough space for my 2 teenage boys, my husband and I. Excellent internet strength. Comfortable bedding. So close to Hollywood Blvd, 2 minute walk, which means everything is at your door step - entertainment, restaurants, tours and the sights and sounds of Hollywood. The free breakfast was not extravagant but had a nice selection of food, nice fresh fruit, yogurt, toast, toppings, teas and coffees with flavour syrups. We were offered take aways to eat later. My washing was done for me and returned in brown wrapping paper with fresh lavender...soooo nice. Nick was so friendly and informative. He always found the time to answer our questions and suggest places to go. I really loved this place and only wish we could get back to LA to stay there again.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite was away from the main building and looked like an old Italian Villa but inside...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AmandaO64
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The perfect place to stay in Los Angeles if (like me) you don't know what you're doing & don't have a car - it's a 2 minute walk to Hollywood Blvd, where you can see the Hollywood sign, visit the Chinese Theatre, see Jimmy Kimmel Live & get a hop on / hop off bus to take you to the sights. Aside from that:-

1. The staff are Amazing. The nicest people I've met on this trip (3 months & counting)
2. The rooms are apartments - very large, with kitchen etc. Some have pool-view balconies
3. There's no mini bar, but there is a long list of soft drinks & snacks available, which are free
4. Laundry is done same day and is free
5. Breakfast is included & is great
6. Reception has a long list of delivery services, if you fancy pizza on your balcony
7. Wifi is free

Honestly - I've never stayed anywhere this helpful and nice. Free snacks? The W in New York charged me a fortune for a bottle of water & a bag of M&Ms. Free wifi? The W charged me $15 a day. Free laundry? The W wanted to charge me $2 per item, minimum. And the staff? So helpful, so friendly. And take every bit of advice they give you - they know what they're talking about.

Plus - the rooms are so big - you could easily have a family of 4 in one for a week.

I saved the best for last, though - you can have dinner & see magic at the Magic Castle, if you're a guest at the hotel. I had no idea, when I booked the room. An amazing night of magic & a really nice dinner.

I can't recommend (or thank) this hotel enough. If I lived in the US, I'd be staying here at least once a year, just for the magic. Officially the nicest hotel of my trip so far.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are gorgeous
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo