“Magical people magical place”
Review of Magic Castle Hotel

Magic Castle Hotel
Ranked #2 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed there from the 26th of December to the 31st. We were comfortable and the one bedroom apartment was spacious. The receptionist was so energetic helpful I have no words to describe. Thank you Magic Castle staff for giving us a lovely time. My son is on gluten free food and the manager even got us gluten free bread.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rukie P
Write a ReviewReviews (3,155)

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

The Magic Castle Hotel is by far the BEST hotel that I've stayed at. From the minute we arrived the staff were brilliant. We were welcomed with sparkling lemonade in champagne flutes and had our bags taken to the room for us. During our whole stay, the staff were incredibly helpful. Free drinks, snacks, movies. Everyone staying at the Magic Castle is in good spirits, and there's a reason for it! Would recommend to everyone I know. The hotel itself is a bit outdated on the outside but rooms are renovated nicely and so spacious.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank StephForrester
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Have to admit we pulled up and thought oh! But that saying, never judge a book by it,s cover really is true for magic castle! We stayed in many places in America and this wins hands down!, From the time we pulled up in the car, Kevin was there to meet us, took all 5 very large suitcases in and got us settled in the lovely pool area with drinks and snacks! We had been flying from Australia so we were all a bit jaded! All the staff here were friendly efficient, knew the area and just made our stay so lovely. The heated pool was fantastic and our apartment/suite was clean and spacious. Location , location fantastic, one block from Hollywood walk of fame and hollywood and highland station. My children would rate this place as 20/10 free snacks and drinks any time!!! Wonderful, highly recommend but it really was the staff that made it so great, congratulations!!

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool would be the best but we were in a family suite which was in an annexe, lovely...
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was by far my family's favorite hotel ever. I had done much research on trip advisor and read all the reviews here. We were staying over Christmas so was important for me to find a personable hotel for that time. We were greeted by Kevin & Nick D. and our entire family received a sparkling lemondade welcome and introduction to the property. When they told us about the FREE unlimited snacks and DVDs for room use my kids went nuts. When they told us about the FREE unlimited laundry service I went nuts (particularly since this was day 6 of our vacation) The hotel is charming, our King room was huge, with a pullout for one kid and a cot for the other. A full kitchen with a reasonably priced food store blocks away. Free breakfast, the scones were great each morning. The pool was heated great kids loved being there and we watched from our balcony as it's courtyard style layout. The location is PERECT. We walked to Hollywood Blvd. each day, and our drive to Warner Bros. studio took 10 minutes. Very centrally located and with LA traffic so important. Very safe area walking around, they provided a map and would literally help us with anything for questions, reservations, etc. Nick D and Kevin knew our names the entire time -- met "the other" Nick and the ladies on the staff were equally as kind and accomodating. I have never stayed at a hotel (other than a B&B) that the staff was so incredible! There are no elevators, but they helped carry our bags to our rooms. Garage right below the hotel and only $11/day to park -- in LA that is incredible. Only thing to keep in mind is with the courtyard style if people are in the pool you could hear some noise -- it never bothered us and wasn't for long, but wanted to mention, you'd want to book a room in the back if that would be an issue for you. We wanted to be poolside up with a balcony for the location and couldn't have been happier. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to visit Hollywood!! My kids asked me to always find a hotel like this when we travel.....if only that were possible!!! Thank you Magic Castle Staff for making our Christmas this year special!!

1  Thank Lynda S
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Just absolutely loved this place. After being on the road for 3 weeks, this hotel is the best by far. The rooms are huge, a one bedroom suite was ample space for a family of four with 16 and 19 year old boys. We had a balcony overlooking the heated pool that was perfect. The complimentary snacks are extremely generous and we certainly made good use of this offer. They also offer complimentary laundry service which was amazing. We handed in 3 bags of washing which was returned the next day clean, folded and wrapped in brown paper tied up with string...amazing customer service. The best part of this hotel is the staff...... nothing is too much trouble and they are incredibly friendly which makes this such a special place. Highly recommend this hotel. We didn't really want to leave.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Of all of the hotels we stayed in this was the best!! We stayed in $1000 a night rooms during our US trip and I would still pick the Magic Castle as my favourite!

Yes it's an older style hotel renovated to be comfortable but it's clean and comfortable and has a shower that has great pressure and temperature!! This place has everything you could want and more. From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave the staff are amazing and make this a place you want to visit again and again. The staff are a fountain of knowledge and Kevin, Mallory and Nick we're so helpful in every way. (I hope they are well paid because they deserve every cent!)

The location is perfect just one block back from Hollywood Blvd. It is close to shops, entertainment (highly recommend the El Capitan theatre) and sightseeing transport. Ask the staff and they will help with all of your trip planning. Even trips to Disneyland!

The free snacks (chips, chocolates and soft drinks) are perfect for families with kids who always want to eat at the strangest times! The dvd library also came in handy when we were just too tired to explore any more. The rooms were spacious with everything you could possibly need including an oven we never used! The pool was perfectly heated (in winter) and had an array of pool toys and towels available. My one and only complaint was the beds we're a little hard but I like my bed to be really soft so that might just be me!! The continental breakfast had more than enough variety from scones and muffins, to toast (with vegemite!!), oatmeal, yoghurt, fruit and tea and coffee. The newspaper each morning was also a nice touch. I cannot compliment this place enough and wish we had spent more time there. When we go back to the US this place will be at the top of my list!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room which was perfect. I can't imagine there being a bad room at this pla...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed for 5 nights over Xmas in a one bed apartment. Very spacious, very clean. Staff great. Lovely warm pool, hotel provide handy warm bathrobes which were nice to wear down to the pool. Pool two mins from your room, which makes a change from a 15 min hike when in big hotels.

The only issues I had were that the windows don't open and the air con is very very old and very very noisy. We didn't have a balcony and I think this would have made our stay so much better, as we would have had fresh air and could have sat out there having a drink etc. we had to prop our door open in the end for cool air. Lots of people smoke out on the balcony.

Also the kitchen is quite poorly equipped, only 3 spoons and forks etc and no toaster. It's for a snack really, not cooking. Bear in mind no lifts, so if you park in the garage under the hotel and are on second floor, it can be tough with a lot of very heavy luggage. Maids are superb, service for laundry and cleaning brilliant. Bed was huge and very very comfortable.

The hotel is great, I'd stay again, but I'd request a balcony room and I wouldn't stay in August when it's really hot, as the air con in our lounge was terrible (room 107).

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony and one with updated air con
1  Thank tescoqueen