“Such a fabulous way to finish our trip”
Review of Magic Castle Hotel

Magic Castle Hotel
Ranked #2 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Loved every second of our time at Magic Castle. From check-in to check-out. No request to big, small or ridiculous. The kids loved the pool, the free movies, the endless supply of free snacks/drinks and the Popsicles brought to them while they swam in the pool. Such friendly staff. Loved the little touches like the lady who washed our clothes, dried them, wrapped them in brown paper and delivered them to our room with a sprig of lavender...for free! How cool is that? Also loved the lady who visited us in the evening with a card telling us what the next days temperature would be and offered us chocolates. Good room facilities for families...quirky accommodation. Offering us all a cool glass of lemonade on arrival - cute and much appreciated! Would definitely stay here again...keep up the good work Magic Castle staff!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank nursetracey
There are newer reviews for Magic Castle Hotel

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed at the Magic Castle for two nights over New Year and wish I could have stayed longer. I was there with my ex and our 3 children aged 13, 11 and 11.
The experience started before we even arrived. I had to change dates a couple of times and this never seemed to be too much trouble. Then a few days before we arrived I received an email asking if there was anything they could help with before our arrival. As we only had one full day in LA and had never spent time there before they suggested we do a day tour and arranged to book this for us. The tour was a great introduction to LA.
On arrival we were greeted by Kevin and another staff member. The kids were made center of attention and their faces were about to burst with surprise when they were introduced to the 24/7 snack list (which I had deliberately not told them about beforehand).
The hotel had also booked my ex and myself for dinner at The Magic Castle for New Years Eve, which was an amazing experience and one I would certainly like to repeat. The guy at the counter even insisted on driving me to dinner (30m away) so I didn't have to walk uphill in my high heeled shoes and said I could just ring whenever I wanted to return home. I had checked with the hotel prior to this if it was OK for my children to stay at the room whilst we were next door, and this was no problem either. When we returned home after our day tour (31st Dec) there were two bottles in our room, 1 alcoholic and 1 non-alcoholic bottle of sparkling wine for us to celebrate New Year as well as chocolates.
We also made use of the free laundry service and everything was returned to us in a beautifully wrapped brown paper packet with a card saying who had washed our clothes with care.
The rooms are not fancy but nice to have a 2 bedroom apartment and all the other extra things definitely make up for the room itself.
Breakfast is fairly simple and taken in the reception area/outside by the pool so if you are after 5 star luxury then this hotel is probably not for you but as mentioned the service was superb, nothing was too much trouble and the kids were in heaven, saying it was the best hotel they had stayed in.
Proximity to Hollywood Boulevard is also a bonus if that is the area you would like to explore and finally, no stay at the Magic Castle Hotel is complete without an evening at The Magic Castle

Room Tip: Street is fairly quiet so your room depends on the size of your family and there are no elevators bu...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Charlotte J
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing I love the pool the free breakfast in the morning than it's walking distance from the walk of fame and Madame Tussauds which I love the walking distance the service is great the front desk people are always willing to help

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Lyinus
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we received fast and friendly service- it was as if we were regular guests!

We got to check in early (12) which we appreciated seeing as we flew 20hrs!

Our room was small (queen studio) but comfortable and very clean. We even had an anniversary gift waiting.

We made a reservation at the magic castle academy for Saturday night. It's a must do! The magicians are very funny and extremely talented! We were able to book for friends who weren't staying at the Magic castle hotel.

Location is excellent! 10 min drive from universal (parking $16, adult entry $84, use the single riders line if u can as it's quicker!), 5 min walk to walk of fame and hollywood blvd and shops.

If you want to hire a car hertz nth highland is the closest and Lowes hotel.

**beware- this hotel has a few stairs to climb and drag your luggage. This didn't bother us but I'd recommend requesting a 1st floor room if u have trouble with stairs.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MazzAdventure13
Reviewed 16 February 2014

First time to LA and were worried on where to stay. Magic Castle was a great find and I don't regreat staying here at all. Staff was great, very good breakfast and free snacks! The room itself was spacious although a bit outdated. Bathroom could use a little work. The location is not great, but I guess it depends on what you want to do in your stay in LA. It's in walking distance to Hollywood blvd, El capitan, Dolby theater.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sbrusi
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We loved this hotel so much two years ago that we decided to end our recent holiday in the US here. This lovely hotel deserves all the awards and credits it receives. As a business owner myself, I am in awe of a place that can attain and maintain such great levels of service.

We received a room upgrade and a late check out, both complementary and both extremely welcome at the end of our travels.

The hotel has had a bit of a spruce up since we last visited. It is an older style building so you do need to be aware that it may not have some of the aspects you'd expect in newer buildings. If you're not located on the ground floor, there are stairs to all the first and second level rooms.

We've yet to find a hotel that can match this one in terms of it's service. It is a place that has thoroughly thought about what makes guests happy and provides those things in abundance.

We love it and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Helen T
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights at the end of a 4 week trip. We had a 2 bedroom apartment for 5 of us and it was huge. Parking was easy. Breakfast was very nice, having it poolside was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Free snacks were the best. I definitely recommend this hotel 100%.

Stayed: January 2014