“Highest quality service ever anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Magic Castle Hotel

Magic Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Highest quality service ever anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

If visiting LA, this is the ONLY place you want to stay! Yes comfortable rooms, pool, great breakfast and 2 blocks from Hollywood Boulevard and Chinese Theatre but what will blow you away is the exceptional service. All hotels should send their staff to learn from this amazing team who from start to finish, and every single person on staff bent over backwards to be kind, friendly and provide pure quality of service. It starts at the top. The managing director dealt with a tiny room issue we had promptly, generously and kindly. The staff who did the FREE laundry service washed dried ironed then wrapped our clothes and tied them with string and lavender! And every single reception staff were so friendly and helpful with every enquiry, every time. One young lady went out of her way to deliver 3 chocolate bars with a personally made card to the room because one of our boys had asked if they had it. Which brings me to the free drinks and snacks! My boys were in heaven and never wanted to leave. I will promote this hotel to everyone for always. You want to stay here!!!

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Smooth1e

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Coolum Beach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

What a great place to stay in to end our 3 week holiday in America! We stayed in 5 star hotels, on a cruise ship and chain hotels, and The Magic Castle was by far the most enjoyable, relaxed, comfortable and accommodating of them all! Nothing was too much trouble for the friendly staff from behind the desk, the maintenance man, cleaning ladies and courtesy bus driver. We would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting easy access to the Hollywood area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chelby71
Pacific Pines, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel, it is so close to public transport and the Hollywood Blvd. The staff are so helpful, they were the best part about staying at the hotel.The rooms are clean and a great size for a family, also very quiet the breakfast every morning was fantastic.The only thing that they might want to fix would be the fold out bed,the kids had a really uncomfortable sleep, to the point my 18 year old daughter shared the main bed with us and our son made a bed from the cushions off the lounge. But that wasn't a major issue,I just think the mattresses might need an up grade on the fold out bed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Renee C
HotelManager, General Manager at Magic Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us so much.

I would very much appreciate you contacting me directly so I can replace a sleeper sofa mattress. These are easy for us to replace. We do buy extra thick mattresses for the sofas that are 3-4" thick.

Thank you very much for the feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely
Darren@magiccastlehotel.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our family of 3 stayed at the Magic Castle Hotel a Thursday through Saturday. I can't say enough about the hotel and hospitality. We were celebrating our daughter's 10th birthday. Upon arrival, we discovered a birthday cake and a birthday card signed by the staff! The staff was super attentive. We were offered unlimited snacks and a wide selection of pretty good movies to borrow as there is no tv service. Wi Fi is free. Breakfast which consisted of scones, toast, muffins, cereals, juices, coffee was free of charge. We stayed in the Junior Suite which has two queen size beds a decent size kitchen, and bath.Very clean, roomy and comfortable. A great view of the pool, which was heated and a decent size (3ft to 8ft). The area was safe and the hotel has gated parking. The location is perfect...walking distance to Chinese Theatre, Wax Museum, Hollywood Blvd. CVS is just 10 minute walk. The reason we stayed here was because it is the only way of gaining access to the Magic Castle (located next door) if you are not a member or are invited as a guest by a member ...which was fantastic by the way! In any case, I would recommend this hotel regardless of whether you want to visit the castle. The whole experience was excellent to say the least. Affordable, comfortable, convenient, clean and excellent Customer Service. Can't ask for more! You seriously will not find this type of care anywhere else. Love love love The Magic Castle Hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Marceline2004
Hi,
I'm so glad your daughter had a nice 10th birthday with us!
I just wanted to clear up one thing with regard to your comment about us not having TV. We do have TV. In fact, we not only have a huge variety of channels to choose from, we also have free On Demand Premium Channels. This includes On Demand HBO, ShowTime, Starz, and some On Demand Network TV as well. It's possible a setting was changed on your TV and I'm so sorry if that was the case.
At least you enjoyed some movies. I do hope you will see us again soon. Please let me know personally if you are coming back.
Thank you so much for writing a review.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a brilliant location, walking distance from some of Hollywood's best spots. The customer service was also great - we had one issue while we were staying, which they cleared up really quickly. The rooms are somewhat outdated, and the hotel isn't 5* luxury, but it doesn't pretend to be. But if you want a great location and friendly staff, this is the place to come.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience.
I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much. Please come see us again soon.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Clean, super friendly and helpful staff, nice pool, spacious apartment-like suite. Kids loved the free treats and breakfast was simple, but good. Room and pool area very quiet despite city location. Walk to a hike in nearby Runyon Canyon Park and a few blocks from the Metro. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for writing a review.

I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel. Yes....kids tend to love our 24 hour complimentary snack list!! The idea of being able to ask for chocolates, candies, sodas, chips, popcorn, granola bars, and more and have it not cost anything...is very fun!

I'm also happy you liked the breakfast. It is simple as you wrote. It is a complimentary Continental Breakfast which includes pastries delivered fresh each morning from one of L.A.'s best bakeries (croissants, chocolate chip sour cherry scones (my favorite), apricot ginger scones, blueberry scones, banana muffins, blueberry muffins, bran muffins. Plus we have a variety of cold cereals, a variety of yogurt, fruit, bread for toast, juice, coffee, tea. It's a good start to the day and the quality of the pastries is pretty amazing.

Thank you again. Please come back and see us.

Mission Viejo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I don't get away much from our three children but when we do there is no place I would rather stay. This was our 4th time staying at the Magic Castle Hotel and I didn't think they could surprise us, but again, they exceeded our expectations. We checked in late Saturday afternoon and the staff, as always was so welcoming. We had tickets for the book of Mormon Sunday evening so we had an entire day to spend in LA. I returned to the front desk to ask for dinner suggestions and was greeted by my first name and the two wonderful and eager to help employees suggested a wonderful restaurant. After dinner we returned and took advantage of the hotel's FREE mini bar. It still excites us the variety of goodies that they have available. The next morning we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast pool side. They still had my favorite scones and as a coffee snob I thoroughly enjoyed their coffee. My husband I think ate his weight in their fresh croissants. After breakfast we asked about late checkout and again they were happy to accommodate. Thank you so much for making our time away so special and treating us like we were royalty.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank juliagold1
Hi Julia Gold,

You keep coming back! Thank you so much. I know who you are.
I hope you liked the musical "Book of Mormon", I heard it was very funny. Thank you again for returning again and again. We'll always have your scones!!