“Great relaxed hotel”

Ranked #2 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Great relaxed hotel”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a great hotel within 5 mins walk of Hollywood Boulevard. It's not a 5 star hotel but it's very comfortable and has everything you need. The staff are wonderful and treat all guest exceedingly well and the free snacks were a wonderful surprise, especially for my adult sons who regularly popped over to the office to pick up something tasty late in the evening. In fact they were very disappointed everywhere else we travelled that other hotels didn't offer the same! I was very pleased to find a guest laundry on site and even though I was offered to have our laundry done for free I was happy to do it myself at the facilities available. The pool was very nice and we also found the rooms to be large and spacious, comfortable and with a full kitchen which was a great help. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, just don't arrive expecting The Ritz!

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are very convenient and 1 bedroom suites are very spacious
1 Thank Glynnie18

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The staff of the Magic Castle/Hollywood Hills Hotel continues to be superlative. I was privileged to stay once again at the hotel in May, 2014. Each staff member went out of their way to be sure that all was in order and made my stay very enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel without exception to those considering a delightful and stress-free time at this home away from home!

worldwide
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel was brilliant! Welcome drinks on arrival, unlimited snacks... oooo yum yum. The pool was nice, especially the one near the Kill Bill set. The magic show is a must! If you have any life experience, have this one!!! IT IS FANTASTIC

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Meeting friends for a night at the Magic Castle and they told us about the hotel and we booked. I received an email about a week before I planned to arrive to offer any assistance I might need. There was an offer to help with tour and restaurant reservations. There was also pricing for the amusement parks. This would be so helpful if you were unfamiliar with LA or Hollywood.

We were greeted by Gretchen at the door with a great smile. Parking is underground and secure. Accessed by your room key once you check in. There was a daily charge for the parking but it was minimal compared to the "name" hotels only a block away. We got checked into our one bedroom suite which was great. As you check in, they tell you about the continental breakfast in the morning and a list of snacks available for no charge at the front desk, munchies, candy and 17 different sodas. Our friends told us that they contacted the front desk or asked if some could bring treats and sodas, which was done with no questions. The hotel has free Wi-Fi throughout the rooms and common areas and is also using chip technology in the key cards to access rooms, so no more demagnetized cards.

The room was furnished nicely and a electronic safe in the bedroom for no charge. The safe was big enough for iPad or laptop. The kitchen was furnished with a coffee maker and full kitchen. The hotel was at one time an apartment and converted into a hotel very well. There is a swimming pool and looked like laundry facilities on site for guest use.

If you are going to the Magic Castle, the hotel has a free shuttle for the less than a block there ride. It came in handy coming back after the Castle and a few drinks...Morning brought the LA Times to the front door.

Breakfast included cereals, muffins, and some great scones! coffee and juices. Breakfast is served around the pool common area. We ran into Gretchen in the morning and we talked about the history of the castle and hotel. She stated that there is guest access to LA Fitness gym for a nominal fee that is reimbursed by the hotel.

As we checked out we were asked if we wanted any snacks for the road.

The hotel was an amazing find that is a block from Hollywood and Highland, Chinese theater and a short red line (metro) stop from the Pantages Theater.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms looked very nice with big balconies.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank CharlesW433
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Took my son and his best friend for High School graduation gift. I got very sick on 3rd night, and the boys were in Burbank. I needed to call 911, but didn't know the address. So I called front desk. They came to my room, helped me to the hotel van and took me to the E.R. I spent most of the night being treated. At around 4:30 am, the Hotel driver showed up to take me back to Hotel (they had left their info with the hospital). When we returned to the hotel, they helped me back to bed . They wouldn't accept any money for helping me with my life that night! When the boys were brought back at 12:30 am, they caught them at the front desk, explained it all and told them to stay in the room until the next morning when someone would update them. Now THATS service! We plan to stay there again when I go out with just my husband this Fall.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Katharine S
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Travelling to LA for the first time with my two daughters I couldn't have picked a better hotel. Our room / studio was spacious and comfortable. Loved the vibrant colour scheme too. When I walked down to the strip I was blown away by how close we were. The staff were always helpful and my girls are still talking about them ! We will be back.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank SilkyJane
Belgrave South, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

From the moment I first emailed the hotel to make the query regarding accommodation to the time when we checked in, I really felt that we were going to have the most amazing experience here. And I was right. My initial query was because of the Trip Advisor ranking but what sold me was communications via email with Nick.
When we arrived we got a welcome drink and the benefits were explained to us. Unlimited snacks, yes thats right 2 rules unlimited and no judgement, and they mean it. We decided to do an experiment, the kids were really excited about testing the staff and put in an order for the most ridiculous amount of snacks the greedy little things could come up with. No problems at all. The free snacks saved us a fortune, and the free laundry (they do it for you) was my saving grace, it was a lovely break for me too. Free movies, Free breakfast, cereal, toast, muffins, yogurt, fruit, fruit juices and coffee AND if you are an Aussie you will be pleased to know you dont need to panic if you left your Vegemite at home, they have it.
We had room 203(the beds were not the most comfortable we had on our trip), it was very spacious and we were able to unpack our bags and live out of the cupboards for a week, what a treat that was, we were also able to cook with the kitchen facilities(helped keep costs down). The couch pulled out to a very comfortable bed.
The location was great too, only a couple of minutes walk to Graumans and the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
I would be remiss if i didn't make a special mention of Monica, she was a delight and Casey and Jace both really enjoyed the interaction they had with her.
We would definitely stay here again if we were to return to Los Angeles.

2 Thank Suzanne R