“A great stay!”

Ranked #2 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Houston
“A great stay!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here in a two bedroom suite on a recent trip to LA based on trip advisors great reviews. We were not disappointed. Although this is not a 5 star hotel the rooms were clean and nicely furnished. Great staff and service. Great location within walking distance to many attractions near Hollywood blvd. This hotel has character, as I understand it was a 50's apt complex and somewhat reminded me of TV show Melrose place. Upon arrival we were greeted with welcome drinks and my two sons (and husband) enjoyed the complimentary snacks throughout the stay.

1 Thank jeniLrob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I cannot say enough about the Magic Castle. I am so impressed. When I arrived staff rushed to assist me with my bags and two very young children (I am traveling alone and just hopped off an international flight). I was greeted and the kids were treated like royalty- gifts for kids on arrival and huge range of complimentary snacks. I was then taken by a staff member to get dinner (it was after midnight and the kids hadn't had dinner as they were fussy about the plane food). Calvin was so considerate and kind. The room is spacious, quiet and modern. The outdoors are beautifully manicured and The castle is super cool. the location is unbeatable. So happy that we chose to stay here. You won't find customer service like this anywhere else in America!

• Stayed June 2014
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great hotel that is a block away from Hollywood Blvd and Grauman's Chinese Theatre. We had an awesome view over Hollywood and have never had better customer service. We were there for two nights recently and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We had a studio apartment on the hill by the Yamashiro. It was very quiet, had a balcony, and a vie...
1 Thank Macox0814
Combined Locks, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Like so many others on this site, we chose Magic Castle based on reviews and it really didn't disappoint! We stayed recently for three nights at the beginning of a California vacation. Nick was absolutely terrific when checking in - so nice to the kids and was very sincere and helpful with suggestions and offerings.

My kids LOVED the free snacks and I loved that they did our laundry for us. Yes, I could have done it myself but it was great to come back after a busy day of sightseeing and have it ready.

The location is really convenient; we easily walked down to the Chinese Theater/Walk of Fame, the wax museum, etc. We liked that at the very nice breakfast at the pool, there were sheets telling us the weather for the day, and events in the area. That tipped us off to a movie premiere right down the street which my daughter loved!

Other reviews are correct; this is no 5-star luxury hotel. But it IS clean, spacious, friendly and convenient. We would definitely stay again if we came back. Thanks again, Nick!

1 Thank Nicole H
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We selected this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and we were so pleased we did. The rooms were well appointed, great location and the most helpful staff. We've since recommended this hotel to friends who enjoyed it as much as we did. Stay here, you will not regret it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SarahKFitzy
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a great hotel within 5 mins walk of Hollywood Boulevard. It's not a 5 star hotel but it's very comfortable and has everything you need. The staff are wonderful and treat all guest exceedingly well and the free snacks were a wonderful surprise, especially for my adult sons who regularly popped over to the office to pick up something tasty late in the evening. In fact they were very disappointed everywhere else we travelled that other hotels didn't offer the same! I was very pleased to find a guest laundry on site and even though I was offered to have our laundry done for free I was happy to do it myself at the facilities available. The pool was very nice and we also found the rooms to be large and spacious, comfortable and with a full kitchen which was a great help. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, just don't arrive expecting The Ritz!

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are very convenient and 1 bedroom suites are very spacious
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Glynnie18
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The staff of the Magic Castle/Hollywood Hills Hotel continues to be superlative. I was privileged to stay once again at the hotel in May, 2014. Each staff member went out of their way to be sure that all was in order and made my stay very enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel without exception to those considering a delightful and stress-free time at this home away from home!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family