Magic Castle Hotel
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$145
  • Pool
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$651
US$452
  • Pool
The Beverly Hills Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$1,114
  • Pool
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$147
  • Restaurant
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$266
  • Restaurant
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$386
US$363
  • Breakfast included
US$918
US$671
  • Beachfront
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$193
  • Breakfast included
US$558
Travelocity
US$335
US$234
3,209 results
All reviewsfree snackspopsicle hotlinefree laundry servicehollywood boulevardice cream machinemelrose placeone bedroom suitefull kitchenheated pooldvd playerchinese theatreapartment complexuniversal studioscontinental breakfastdining tablesofa bedhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just returned from five days at the Magic Castle. From the moment we arrived at 3am (thanks, Amtrak) we were welcomed and charmed by the staff. They helped us with our bags and showed us to the room.

Next morning at breakfast Gretchen introduced herself and asked if we needed anything, she was very helpful with advice on local attractions and metro/bus tickets etc. She also, without our asking, had the chairs on our balcony changed to more comfortable ones.

The hotel is an old building, beautifully decorated and finished, I would love to know the history of the place - I would sit on the balcony and imagine how it was in the 40s & 50s. I really should have asked about it, but never got around to doing so.

The apartment was spacious, clean and well furnished with everything you could want. We had breakfast in our room or on the balcony most days (they only had margerine downstairs and I had packed some butter as we had been staying in an apartment in San Francisco - they did offer to get butter when we asked about it).

As others have said the hotel is in a great location around the corner from the Chinese Theater and it's close to the Metro and bus routes.

On leaving, as we waited for a taxi outside Gretchen came out to say that she had confirmed that the cab was on its way. She said she hoped we had a pleasant stay, gave us a hug and said they looked forward to seeing us again - I almost promised to write!

We will be back.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are worth the extra $25.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Barry D
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This was the last stop for our 3 week USA family holiday. Long trip from Vegas and were greeted by polite and helpful staff. Opened the door to the room and a magical surprise for the kids. What a way to start or stay. The breakfast is a great way to start the day. Grab some chips and drinks for your days outing at no cost from the front. Loved laying by the pool with the the staff bringing out icy poles. Kids treated well by the staff. Loved my stay here and the staff get 12/10 for service and making the stay memorable.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is not fancy, but the customer service is absolutely the best I've ever experienced. There are no elevators, but the staff are willing to help carry luggage up and down the stairs for you. We were surprised by some free "welcome" snacks and drinks in our room upon our arrival. Free DVDs to check out from the front desk, unlimited free snacks and drinks at any time. If ever we are in the Hollywood area, we will be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here in a two bedroom suite on a recent trip to LA based on trip advisors great reviews. We were not disappointed. Although this is not a 5 star hotel the rooms were clean and nicely furnished. Great staff and service. Great location within walking distance to many attractions near Hollywood blvd. This hotel has character, as I understand it was a 50's apt complex and somewhat reminded me of TV show Melrose place. Upon arrival we were greeted with welcome drinks and my two sons (and husband) enjoyed the complimentary snacks throughout the stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jeniLrob
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I cannot say enough about the Magic Castle. I am so impressed. When I arrived staff rushed to assist me with my bags and two very young children (I am traveling alone and just hopped off an international flight). I was greeted and the kids were treated like royalty- gifts for kids on arrival and huge range of complimentary snacks. I was then taken by a staff member to get dinner (it was after midnight and the kids hadn't had dinner as they were fussy about the plane food). Calvin was so considerate and kind. The room is spacious, quiet and modern. The outdoors are beautifully manicured and The castle is super cool. the location is unbeatable. So happy that we chose to stay here. You won't find customer service like this anywhere else in America!

• Stayed: June 2014