“One of a Kind” 5 of 5 bubbles

Magic Castle Hotel
Ranked #2 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
“One of a Kind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Usually I never leave reviews for restaurants or hotels, however, my experience at Magic Castle was so amazing that I felt the need to write one.

This was the first time my boyfriend and I have been to LA, and Magic Castle was the perfect place for us. Since it was our first time, and we wanted to do all the touristy things, you couldn't have asked for a better location! It is in walking distance to Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd, where there are tons of shops, restaurants and the Chinese Theater. We easily walked to one of those locations every day.

Even though the location was perfect, this is not what made the hotel stand out. The service and hospitality at Magic Castle was something I've never experienced before. The staff, particularly the two Nicks and Marcus, were absolutely phenomenal!!! They really went out of their way to make our stay not only comfortable, but to feel like home and that we were not their guests, but their friends. When you first check in, they offer you free snacks (which you have access to during your whole stay). The parking garage always had spots for you no matter how late you came home and it was very safe. When we first walked into our room, classical music was playing and they had a card and snacks waiting for us, which made me immediately feel like we chose the right place, and were very much at home.

Nick 1 was a huge help and would always give us great recommendations as to where to eat. One night he recommended El Compadre because we wanted Mexican. Not only was it a fantastic recommendation, but he called the restaurant and ordered us flaming margaritas and desserts as a gift from the hotel!! He also came around the pool several times to give us free popsicles, which was a great treat from the heat. Nick 2 offered many suggestions of what we should do in San Diego when we told him that's where we were going next. They not only care about your stay at Magic Castle, but they genuinely care about you and your vacation wherever it takes you next. Marcus was also a great help, and he even lent my boyfriend his personal suit jacket when we needed one in order to attend the Magic Castle Club.

Which brings me to my last point! If you stay here and have the chance, DEFINITELY go to the Magic Castle Club!! It was one of my favorite parts of our trip and really was a one of a kind opportunity. The staff will be more than happy to tell you about it, make reservations and even give you their clothes (since its formal attire).

I can't stay enough good things about this hotel. If you stay here you will not regret it. I know we will always come back here every time we're in LA again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Liz B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have been lazy in writing reviews although have got a lot from trip advisor reviews. However our experience was so good, so had to write.

Stayed at the Magic Castle for 3 days. They take hospitality to a different level. Other hotels can really learn from them. Free laundry with clothes delivered back to your room. Free unlimited snacks, soft drinks and chocolates. Amazing DVD library collection, again free. 24 hours help. Your smallest needs are taken care of. You get a feeling they really are willing to bend backwards to help you.

The hotel itself is an average or above-average property, but the location can't be better. We paid about $230 per night with tax, which was on a higher side, considering the property. However we had compared it with other hotels during this high-season period and rates were comparable.

I congratulate the owner and the management team for instilling such a great culture of hospitality in the employees. Keep it up guys!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bhaveshg20
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Travelled from Perth, Australia. Stayed Dec 2013 with our 3 kids and extended family. We had 3 x1 bedroom apartment with sofabeds in main living area - plenty of space. Service was AMAZING!!! The two Nick's and ALL of the staff went above and beyond. As it was my 40th we found our room filled with coloured balloons and a cake upon returning. My 3 kids made good use of the free snack menu and would take orders for the whole family then stay at reception chatting to the staff for ages! The staff made us all feel very welcome. One night I went to get more change for the washing machine and was told there is a free washing service. I handed over 2 bags of washing which was returned the next afternoon beautifully wrapped (ironed and folded!). Even on the last day I needed to post a gift to a friend in CA so asked Nick for directions to the PO. He took the gift for us and wouldn't accept any money for postage. After walking the exciting hustle and bustle of Hollywood, returning through the doors of the Magic Castle Hotel is like returning to a private haven. When the kids were swimming in the pool they were offered icy poles from a tray - my kids say this hotel is more than 5 star!!! We have friends from Perth travelling this December who will stay here on our recommendation. If we return to the USA for another trip (and after falling in love with Disneyland we would like to return) we would not look for any other accommodation in Hollywood other than the Magic Castle Hotel. We have never come across such a high standard of professional and friendly service anywhere. Thank you for making our family trip so special.

Room Tip: We had a room upstairs overlooking the pool with a balcony - we could watch the kids swimming from h...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank M D
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I must recommend this hotel to you, utterly and unreservedly. There is an intimate snugness at work here, an atmosphere of tangible serenity from which one can ponder, poolside, the madness of Hollywood BLVD just a short stroll down the hill. The main employees of the Magic Castle were unfailingly personable and friendly, while the staff attending to the rooms each day were professional and discrete. The manager, furthermore, went out of her way to make sure the guests were warmly welcomed and sufficiently briefed as to the main features of the hotel. The room my sons and I shared was spacious, well appointed, and flooded with natural light; and I'm not sure whether to say that the TVs were bed-sized or the other way around - either way I'm sure you get the idea. In short, this is a hotel to which you'll look forward to returning, following a hard day's sightseeing. If you tell me you're going to LA, I'll tell you to give this lovely, lovely location a go. I could not fault it. I'm sure your experience will be the same. (Clayton Lachmund, Toowoomba, Australia)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank ClaytonL2014
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Five minutes walk to Hollywood's walk of fame, supermarket and shopping centre. I would say this hotel used to be apartments probably in the 50s - 60s, so all the rooms are a decent size. Not sure what other options are available but we stayed in a two bedroom, one bathroom, lounge, kitchen/diner. All the mod cons were there including three wide screen TVs. one in each bedroom and another in the lounge. Everything was very clean and the beds were like home not your usual stock standard rock hard hotel bed. Staff are very welcoming and happily inform you that there's a range of snacks and non alcoholic drinks available at any time FREE and it's true you just have to ask!!! When staff found out we were going on to San Francisco we were given a print out of things to do etc. and thank you very much we did go to several of the recommended places. Out of all the hotels we went to on our trip this might not have been the grandest but I can honestly say due to it's staff and comfort it was the best.

Room Tip: Be careful about where you are if on the ground floor as some of them front directly on to where bre...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Diane Y
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Wow is really the first world you think of when being at the magic castle hotel! The really do to above and beyond! Every need you have they will do their very best to cater for! N they even had veggie-mite!!!!! The apartment was massive.. Huge TVS, beautifully furnished! So clean and helpful and very friendly! I would recommend this hotel to everyone and I can't wait to come back! It certainly deserves it's #1 rating on trip advisor!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Suzanne L
Jasper, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The lodging at Magic Castle is charming, clean, spacious and comfortable. It is actually apartment sized and has two televisions, a living area, a dining area and a kitchen. Although we did not use the kitchen if I return with a larger number of family we certainly would make use of it. The atmosphere of the room was mid-century and I imagined what interesting people might have actually lived there in earlier years.

The room assignment we had did not have a tub and only a shower. The bath was small but met our needs.

But the best thing about Magic Castle is the service. Upon arrival a sparkling drink and assurances of availability of front desk service 24 hours a day. Our grandson loved the extensive snack list which was free. We actually had to monitor him a bit or he would have had sodas all day with accompanying chips and candy. I have to admit that I enjoyed the snacks myself.

Having traveled several days before arriving we did have dirty laundry. I was offered free laundry service but declined due to the amount to be done. A laundry was on site therefore I did my own with their detergent. The following day I took advantage of the free service. It arrived timely the next day wrapped in brown paper with a lavender sprig attached. Now I was impressed.

Since I am a Senior reviewer I received two Trip Advisor pins to distribute to reward someone for exceptional service. Mallory was awarded one of these pins. She was available and always attentive to our requests and needs. Thanks to this Tennessee girl.

Kevin was also very good and service oriented.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family