Magic Castle Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$215
US$284
US$242
US$235
US$497
  • Pool
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$582
US$463
US$144
US$138
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$304
US$245
Orbitz.com
3,210 results
All reviewsfree snackspopsicle hotlinefree laundry servicehollywood boulevardice cream machinemelrose placeone bedroom suitefull kitchenheated pooldvd playerchinese theatreapartment complexuniversal studioscontinental breakfastdining tablesofa bedhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I would definitely recommend staying here. We stayed for only one night but wish we could have stayed longer. They were very friendly and more than accommodating! We would definitely stay here again if we ever come back to Hollywood. Great for a family!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pavi1801
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Usually I never leave reviews for restaurants or hotels, however, my experience at Magic Castle was so amazing that I felt the need to write one.

This was the first time my boyfriend and I have been to LA, and Magic Castle was the perfect place for us. Since it was our first time, and we wanted to do all the touristy things, you couldn't have asked for a better location! It is in walking distance to Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd, where there are tons of shops, restaurants and the Chinese Theater. We easily walked to one of those locations every day.

Even though the location was perfect, this is not what made the hotel stand out. The service and hospitality at Magic Castle was something I've never experienced before. The staff, particularly the two Nicks and Marcus, were absolutely phenomenal!!! They really went out of their way to make our stay not only comfortable, but to feel like home and that we were not their guests, but their friends. When you first check in, they offer you free snacks (which you have access to during your whole stay). The parking garage always had spots for you no matter how late you came home and it was very safe. When we first walked into our room, classical music was playing and they had a card and snacks waiting for us, which made me immediately feel like we chose the right place, and were very much at home.

Nick 1 was a huge help and would always give us great recommendations as to where to eat. One night he recommended El Compadre because we wanted Mexican. Not only was it a fantastic recommendation, but he called the restaurant and ordered us flaming margaritas and desserts as a gift from the hotel!! He also came around the pool several times to give us free popsicles, which was a great treat from the heat. Nick 2 offered many suggestions of what we should do in San Diego when we told him that's where we were going next. They not only care about your stay at Magic Castle, but they genuinely care about you and your vacation wherever it takes you next. Marcus was also a great help, and he even lent my boyfriend his personal suit jacket when we needed one in order to attend the Magic Castle Club.

Which brings me to my last point! If you stay here and have the chance, DEFINITELY go to the Magic Castle Club!! It was one of my favorite parts of our trip and really was a one of a kind opportunity. The staff will be more than happy to tell you about it, make reservations and even give you their clothes (since its formal attire).

I can't stay enough good things about this hotel. If you stay here you will not regret it. I know we will always come back here every time we're in LA again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Liz B
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have been lazy in writing reviews although have got a lot from trip advisor reviews. However our experience was so good, so had to write.

Stayed at the Magic Castle for 3 days. They take hospitality to a different level. Other hotels can really learn from them. Free laundry with clothes delivered back to your room. Free unlimited snacks, soft drinks and chocolates. Amazing DVD library collection, again free. 24 hours help. Your smallest needs are taken care of. You get a feeling they really are willing to bend backwards to help you.

The hotel itself is an average or above-average property, but the location can't be better. We paid about $230 per night with tax, which was on a higher side, considering the property. However we had compared it with other hotels during this high-season period and rates were comparable.

I congratulate the owner and the management team for instilling such a great culture of hospitality in the employees. Keep it up guys!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bhaveshg20
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Travelled from Perth, Australia. Stayed Dec 2013 with our 3 kids and extended family. We had 3 x1 bedroom apartment with sofabeds in main living area - plenty of space. Service was AMAZING!!! The two Nick's and ALL of the staff went above and beyond. As it was my 40th we found our room filled with coloured balloons and a cake upon returning. My 3 kids made good use of the free snack menu and would take orders for the whole family then stay at reception chatting to the staff for ages! The staff made us all feel very welcome. One night I went to get more change for the washing machine and was told there is a free washing service. I handed over 2 bags of washing which was returned the next afternoon beautifully wrapped (ironed and folded!). Even on the last day I needed to post a gift to a friend in CA so asked Nick for directions to the PO. He took the gift for us and wouldn't accept any money for postage. After walking the exciting hustle and bustle of Hollywood, returning through the doors of the Magic Castle Hotel is like returning to a private haven. When the kids were swimming in the pool they were offered icy poles from a tray - my kids say this hotel is more than 5 star!!! We have friends from Perth travelling this December who will stay here on our recommendation. If we return to the USA for another trip (and after falling in love with Disneyland we would like to return) we would not look for any other accommodation in Hollywood other than the Magic Castle Hotel. We have never come across such a high standard of professional and friendly service anywhere. Thank you for making our family trip so special.

Room Tip: We had a room upstairs overlooking the pool with a balcony - we could watch the kids swimming from here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank M D
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I must recommend this hotel to you, utterly and unreservedly. There is an intimate snugness at work here, an atmosphere of tangible serenity from which one can ponder, poolside, the madness of Hollywood BLVD just a short stroll down the hill. The main employees of the Magic Castle were unfailingly personable and friendly, while the staff attending to the rooms each day were professional and discrete. The manager, furthermore, went out of her way to make sure the guests were warmly welcomed and sufficiently briefed as to the main features of the hotel. The room my sons and I shared was spacious, well appointed, and flooded with natural light; and I'm not sure whether to say that the TVs were bed-sized or the other way around - either way I'm sure you get the idea. In short, this is a hotel to which you'll look forward to returning, following a hard day's sightseeing. If you tell me you're going to LA, I'll tell you to give this lovely, lovely location a go. I could not fault it. I'm sure your experience will be the same. (Clayton Lachmund, Toowoomba, Australia)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family