“So nice in every way!!!”
Review of Magic Castle Hotel

Magic Castle Hotel
Ranked #2 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
philadelphia
“So nice in every way!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were greeted with sparking lemon water in champagne flutes on our arrival. Our room was big and very clean. Maid staff was very helpful and quick with fulfilling requests. Location was excellent. The free snacks were great especially at the end of long day of sightseeing.

The front desk was always pleasant, welcoming, and helpful. I have to give a special mention to Nick D. and Kevin. They are two of the nicest and funniest people I have encountered in a long time.

I wasn't sure if The Magic Castle would meet my high expectations based on the reviews I read - - but I am happy to say they were exceeded. The hotel was a highlight of our trip!!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. From the moment we arrived the hotel staff was warm, welcoming, and eager to help. A note of caution - those who are shy may find the attention overwhelming! The hotel is a converted apartment building. The room we stayed in was huge - kitchen, separate bedroom, and sitting room. It is old, but carefully redone and clean, clean, clean. The pool is situated in the centre of the building and we were lucky enough to have a balcony overlooking the pool and hotel. My boys loved the hotel. Free snacks, dvd rentals, and the "Popsicle Hotline" made this a place they will never forget.

Thank you to the staff for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: 211 is an awesome family dwelling! Huge room!
2 Thank Bigmacpack
bath
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Big thanks to Kevin, Monica and Nick D for looking after us during our stay. Service was simply the best, all information given was spot on including loaning metro cards for our trip to Universal. The free sweets and soft drinks was a real bonus after a long day sightseeing. Loved the breakfast pastries and the hotel is very cool. 1950's converted apartments overlooking a pool.
This place is No1 for a reason.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We spent 3 nights at the MC as our first stop in the USA this year. We couldn't have been happier. The staff were extremely helpful and made many recommendation for us. They provide free candy, for the kids I'm sure but that didn't stop me. They even went out and bought me a bag of peanut butter M&M's when i told them how much I love them and we can't get them in the UK. What a service!

We loved the fact that it was an old 60's apartment block that had been converted. The rooms were great and the breakfast was extremely good

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 August 2014

While staying at the Magic Castle, I realised that I hadn't brought enough diabetic medication for a 3 week trip in the US, so a family member posted extra to the hotel. It didn't arrive when we were checking out but the staff assured me that when the package arrived they would post it on to the next hotel we were booked into, which, to my great relief, they did.
This was just one kind gesture among many that made our trip an enjoyable and stress free experience. The staff could not have been more helpful. Our laundry was delivered to us, wrapped in brown paper and tied with string! Our daughters were treated to sodas and candy all the time. They loved it!
A fantastic staff with a genuine goal, to make sure every customer, young and old, enjoy their vacation!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HotelManager, General Manager at Magic Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Hello,

We remember you! I'm so glad you medication reached you.
Yes....that free laundry service has become very popular!!! I hope not doing your own laundry helped you to relax a bit more. I'm also glad you guys took advantage of the free snack list!!!! That's what it's meant for.

Please come back and see us again very soon.

Darren Ross
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I love how all the staff members here are SO FRIENDLY! We arrived right before 3 PM and was immediately greeted by a young woman. She was in the middle of checking us in, but had to go take care of something else, so one of the young gentlemen took over and finished with our check-in. I cannot remember his name, but he was quite helpful, answering all the questions we had. Our room wasn't ready, so we waited in the lobby. And while we waited, we could see how great the front desk treated their guests as people were coming in and out of the lobby, requesting snacks or requesting information on transportation.

Our one bedroom suite with two full beds was on the second level and we had a balcony looking out to the pool. The suite was huge and clean, but we did have an issue with the linens, but it was quickly resolved as housekeeping did a great job changing the sheets upon our request. We went out for the evening and when we got back to the suite, we saw that they left chocolate mints on our pillows.

The bathroom was small and there were no hooks on the back of door to hang anything nor were there counter space, but there was a vanity area right outside the bathroom and it had plenty of lighting. Bathrobes were a nice touch but were way too big for us. I'm sure had we requested them in our size, they would have sent some up.

Free breakfast in the morning in the lobby with cereals, pastries, yogurt, coffee, tea, and juice. There were not enough seating outside so we brought it back to our suite and ate.

Parking is a right below the hotel, but it was a little tight getting in and out of the spaces, but that could just be me not used to small parking garages.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for staying with us and writing about your experience.
I'm glad that the issue with the linen was taken care of.
Please come back and see us again soon.

Sincerely
Darren
Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Yes, there is actually a phone by the pool that guests can summon the staff for popsicles. I think that typifies the atmosphere that the hotel creates. We stayed for several days in August on a lay over and the one bedroom suite was more than enough room for our family. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable. As mentioned many times before, the staff are exceptional and go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. When asked if he was enjoying his stay,my son said it was great but they didn't have any chocolate cake. Of course he had been to the desk many times for his free goodies we told him that he had had his fair share of treats!. That night, one of the staff knocked on our door with a piece of chocolate cake courtesy of Darren, the manager. That thoughtful gesture was wonderful. I know everybody here really does care about your stay. Its not fancy, but its very clean, comfortable, warm, genuine and a great place to stay for families.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Well....I completely remember your little boy. He cracked me up! I'll never forget his response to my asking how he liked the hotel and him answering, "Great, but there's no chocolate cake".....so funny!!! It was such a pleasure to meet you and your amazing family. Come back soon please!!

Darren