“Great Summer Holiday”

Hollywood Celebrity Hotel
Ranked #18 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Great Summer Holiday”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights in July. The staff were friendly, the rooms were cleqn and spacious and the breakfast was great. Easy access from Hollywood Blvd (fantastic location). This was are first time in LA and we were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Juliette C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Recommended to me by a friend and can't complain at all!.
When I've stopped in LA before with work I was always in the Roosevelt, sure nice hotel but for me the Hollywood Celebrity Hotel was better!!
Found the location to be just as good and the fact parking was only $10 a day in LA was a bargain.
Staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble.
Our room on the second floor overlooking the car park was spacious and very clean, ample room in the bedroom with a good size bathroom and small kitchen area with tables and chairs.

The complimentary breakfast was a nice touch and plenty full, tea,coffee and fruit juices with toast (bread, muffins or bagels) danish pastries and waffels, sure the dining area can be a bit busy but its not a deal breaker.

Overall this is great hotel and a little gem.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank David B
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Decent hotel with a fantastic location. The rooms aren't amazing but definitely good enough. The parking space was a bit narrow and somethime full but I just gave the key to the guy behind the desk and he took care of the rest

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I originally booked this hotel way back in February2014 for July 2014. This was not an issue through the website and found the hotel to be great with excellent cleanliness. Parking is an issue as they have a very small car park and charge $10 for the privilege since nearly all the cars that are driven around LA are medium to large the car park is not exactly what you need. If possible see if you can park in the overflow area at the Magic Castle It is right across the road and you are not parked in nor is there a chance of people hitting you.NOW having said all that, I was so pleased with the location and everything overall, that I booked at the desk for my 4 day stay on my return from LV. The trip back from LV took longer than normal because there was 5 crashes on the i15 and then when I hit LA on the 605 another 2 all in all for a 3.5 hour trip it ended up taking 7. I left Vegas at 1130 and got to the hotel at 7. ONLY then to find out that the man that was suppose to book my room DIDN'T. I did this on check out remember so he should have done it while I was standing there like he told me he had.Ever seen a 45 year old cry. Very nearly they did. The lovely young man could not apologise anymore than he had to his credit and rang around for another hotel. One in which was 2 doors down. Remember at that point I was ready to accept sleeping in my car because i was TIRED. I am now in this hotel room that I am really not happy with because really the quality compared to this one is poor. I was so LUCKY (sarcasm) they had only one room available and it was the one that was right on the street across from the LOEWE docking area, so trucks coming in and out all night. So much fun. Maybe a good night sleep will change my mind. After all Disneyland is only another drive. NOTHING WILL MAKE UP FOR THIS.

Room Tip: Ask not to be on the left side, if I had of been booked in like i should have am pretty sure it woul...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Elisa E
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend recently stayed at this hotel and were very impressed. You could walk through a shopping centre straight onto the strip and to restaurants, however despite the closeness to the strip, the hotel was very quiet in a back street. We were on the ground floor which was good as there are no lifts so we didn't need to carry our bags up the stairs as there are no lifts. However, the downside of this is that it got a bit noisy in the room when everyone started getting up and showering etc. in the rooms above us, however if you are looking at getting up reasonably early anyway to make the most of your day this wouldn't be an issue. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShredaSteve
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I would only recommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere central as it is very nicely situated in the city otherwise don't stay here. The rooms are ok but for the price you pay you would expect to at least have soap in your bathroom. I would recommend not to have breakfast here as its just CRAZY, the space they have asigned for breakfast is way too small and you end up crashing into people which actually resulted in a glass falling on my foot. Not only that but I threw up after our breakfast! We won't be coming back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is my second time staying at the hotel and we love it here. It's right behind the walk of fame and the Chinese Theatre. However you wouldn't have any idea as the area is very quiet. Rooms are decent size, bed is comfortable and the vanity with lights is very handy!

The breakfast items have changed since the last time I was here, they now have a waffle machine. I noticed how they had less pastry items and this time really only had toast/bagels/waffles.

The hotel also has an agreement with a transfer company to LAX. I think it was around $55 for a private transfer to the airport. Such great value considering when we arrived to the hotel our taxi was almost $90!

Also the hotel is close to In-n-Out burger, about a 10 min walk away! Will definitely be staying back at this hotel again.

Room Tip: No elevator, if heaps of bags ask for a ground floor room and away from the stairs. Being near the s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends