“This hotel is a nightmare.”

Hotel Silver Lake Los Angeles
Ranked #285 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The room was inundated with ants, bathroom floor was covered in water due to a valve leak on the toilet. Was told by front desk that are room would be changed and on our return they stated that our rooms problems were corrected and no other rooms were available. Nothing was done to correct the problems and we had no choice but to sleep with ants and walk on a wet bathroom floor. This hotel should be closed it is not suitable for human habitat.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Gerald L

Reviewed 15 July 2013

No, this is not where I would like to stay on a "holiday" However, for convenience to the Los Angeles Convention center it works just fine. This was our second stay and it meets our needs. Last year while in the parking lot, we witnessed a delivery truck backing into a parked car and driving away. When we went in to report it, it turned out it was the desk manager's new car! For reporting it, she upgraded our room to the one bedroom "suite" (nothing fancy) but very nice of her to do that. This year for our business convention, we booked three rooms for our team. The hot breakfast was a little wimpy, but the staff was really trying to their best to serve. While my husband and my room was paid for in advance, we noticed that there were two unauthorized charges totally over $200 on my debit card from the hotel. We were on a tight budget and being the weekend, we would have been in trouble with the holds on our card. I contacted the desk manager (same gal that got her car hit the year before) and she went to extra ordinary lengths to call the bank and have them removed. Why the desk guy ran my card, was not explained. If it was just human error, I understand. Just makes me wonder how many charges people miss if they are not watching closely! I don't know her name, but the desk manager there is wonderful. If we have to go to a Los Angeles convention for our company again, I would stay there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sonshinegirl
Reviewed 18 June 2013

First time and this hotel felt like a living quarters for my companion after a day's outing. Location is very rough with not much to go out to without looking over your shoulder too much. Staff was great but a bit awkward at times. Free breakfast and wi-fi so it did us very nice and it was very quiet.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2013

On my second night there my fifth floor room was broken into and my laptop was stolen. The person was able to come in through my window by removing the screen and climbing up on a bucket. My window overlooked a roof area so I never would have thought this could happen. Little did I know there is a door with no lock that allows anyone (even children) access to the roof. When I returned to the room after being gone for only an hour I discovered what had happened and called the front desk telling them to call the police. The front desk clerk told me he would but after 20 minutes had gone by with no result, I called to check and was told he was not allowed to call the police I would have to do it myself (thanks for telling me that to begin with). When I checked out the next morning I was not offered even an apology, the guy at the desk simply took a copy of the police report and said nothing. My attempts at contacting the manager have been unsuccessful for the last month, he is never available and the people I speak to are always totally dismissive to downright rude. There is clearly something going on here as the police officer told me he has had problems with them in the past, which means this is not the first time this has happened. This place is NOT SAFE do not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jon F
RAJ D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Silver Lake Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

as per another guest staying with him he did not have a computer called police did not find any evidence. advice guest

Reviewed 3 April 2013

too many problems 1) rough neighborhood.2) worst customer service from front desk personal.
3) bug in rooms.4. mold in bathroom.5 room too small. 6.rooms was dirty including shower head.
7) elevator is scary.8) odd shape building take elevator floor 3 to get to fourth floor.9.try to cancel my reservation but was not successful.

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Winay
RAJ D, Manager at Hotel Silver Lake Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

sorry,
we could have change the room

Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Ive been to a few quality inns and most times im pretry disappointed. I stayed here expecting a dirty room but that wasnt the case at all. The room was absolutely spotless....no foul smell, no stains in the carpet. I will always frequent this hotel when in los angeles

• Stayed: March 2013
RAJ D, Manager at Hotel Silver Lake Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

thanks for staying see you in future

Reviewed 22 March 2013

We were staying at this hotel only as we had to be at the Canadian Consulate early Friday Mar 15 due to theft in Los Vegas. We were also planning to relax by the pool. Pool not heated and there was upholstered sofa on deck. The room was ok, and the gentleman at check in was very pleasant (think he was the owner). We had requested a wake up call at 6:am and woke up at 7:30, as there was no call. The result was never got breakfast , and had to take a cab to & from the consulate.. Not happy campers. When we returned spoke to woman at front desk who assured me that she would investigate, and get back to me with outcome. I told her that I thought reimbursement for cab and breakfast would be reasonable. She said she would call. Never heard back. Being the first time using choice hotels reservations would not use them again
Leslie Faulkner
leslies6@telus.net

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank LAFaulkner
RAJ D, Front Office Manager at Hotel Silver Lake Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

guest had a own car rental, wake up call was set but not answerd
sorry or any inconveniance