“Poor”

Ranked #266 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sacramento, California
“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel isn't soo bad to were it would be terrible but it's not soo great either but I wouldn't probably stay here again. I agree the photos are totally misleading. I really thought it was nice and roomy but it's not. There were bugs on the floor and on the windows...yuck. The bathroom have this odor I couldnt stand. The lobby was small and they have only one small elevator to go to all the floors. The staff was nice and friendly, the beds are okay enough to sleep. I wish we would of booked a better hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank myang84
A P, Manager at Hotel Silver Lake Los Angeles, responded to this review, 15 October 2014
Thank you for the feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The location was ok not far from the expressway and only about 25 min from Venice Beach. The check in was nice and fast. Bed comfy and breakfast pretty good. Waffles, eggs and bacon. I put my eggs and bacon in the waffle mix which was nice! Now the BAD the room had ants they fixed that issue the following day. The bathroom was not that clean. The maid left us no washcloths. I called front desk they said it would be 20 mins. I asked could I come down and get them but they didn't have any. Which was a bummer but we waited. The next day she only left us 1 washcloth. After 9pm no one was at the desk. I had a question and 2other guests but no one was around to assist. There were a few flies but I killed them. Free wifi and parking was good. If I had no other place to stay I would come back. Would I recommend a friend.... NO.

Room Tip: Pick non smoking room bc smoking rooms stink. Ask for washcloths in advance. Always read reviews bef...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
All good information. We are now reading and responding to our reviews and will take the info. seriously. Thank You.
Miami
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Photos online are misleading. This hotel is not a 2 or 3 star by far. Sheets were stained and carpet inside the room was also dirt and stained. Toilet was clogged and the front desk person was also the plumber and when we called to advise of a clog toilet had the audacity to ask if I wanted to unclog the toilet. Breakfast is a joke!! The only good thing is the free parking. Wouldn't stay here for Free, would rather pay for parking in a REAL hotel!!

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Swai8500
A P, Manager at Hotel Silver Lake Los Angeles, responded to this review, 10 December 2014
We understand that everyone has a level of comfort and we are a limited service hotel, we hope that you found accommodation that suited you better. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with us.

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from July 12-18. Booked this place through priceline ( never again will i book through priceline, i couldnt choose my bed so when i got to the hotel it was an extra 40 bucks per nite to switch from king to 2 double beds ) next time i'll book through hotel directly. David helped me out the best he can and gave me some savings.. Staff was friendly and courteous. David , Raj , the other lovely lady , forgot her name, always readily available to assist with towels, plastic forks, etc , whatever we needed , the cleaning ladies as well. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. as well , the breakfast diner lady was also very nice. You can see that frontline staff is committed to giving the best service possible so that the customers come back. Good job guys keep it up :)

Now, as far as the premises go:

- breakfast scrambled eggs arent 100% wholesome eggs. A guest told me they are substitute stuff not sure what but the yellow is really yellow and dont really taste of eggs. ( you do have hard boiled eggs ) There is no peanut butter for your toast. The juices are very high in sugar and so is the yogurt.

- the washroom in the diner area is always locked, whats up with that?? Why do guests need to keep bothering the diner attendant to get it opened?? You have cameras you can see if strangers are getting in!

- The exterior of the rooms is old and cracked floors and walkways , furniture by the elevator is all scratched and old, please throw it out, elevator floor is dirty , loose tiles, and has graffiti in it, it didnt work one morning.

- The interior of my room was so so. The carpet was stained . The beds were comfy and clean, no bugs, although room wasnt cleaned daily, one morning we still had the garbage from the day before and no toilet paper.

- the location is right off the hwy, easy access.

If i go back its cause of the friendly staff.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mariap1969
Thank you, we appreciate your comments. We will forward your very informative info. to the owner. We thank you for the patronage and yes if you can book directly with any hotel it is always best. As a hotelier, we cannot negotiate a third party price (priceline etc.) Thanks again!
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

After all the previous reviews I was leery about staying here. This was all for nought. The pool was very clean and all new patio furniture. In fact, a delivery of all new outdoor tables and chairs for alongside the back of the property just arrived during our stay. NO BUGS AT ALL!!!!! Room very clean and lots of pillows was a big plus. We stayed on 4th floor in back. Very quiet and very good black out shades on the windows kept the room very dark as we sleep in. The maids, breakfast attendants and front counter staff were very kind, courteous and helpful. I asked for some mouthwash at 1am and received two bottles of mini Scope brand. Coffee maker, ironing board, microwave, refrigerator and freezer all in good working order in our room. There were no 10min waits for the lift either. You can take the stair or lift. Breakfast was wonderful; Hard boiled and scrabbled eggs, bacon, orange and apple juice, coffee, tea, yogurt, pastries, toast, and the waffles were the best! Don't believe the bad reviews of this place. Some people are just too picky or just plain ignorant. I stress NO BUGS at all save one ordinary house fly. Wonderful eclectic hotel in a very cool neighbourhood near Hollywood, Korea town and Filipino town. This neighbourhood is NOT scary at all. The main front desk manager even helped me log into the WI-FI which works excellent, I was able to watch my Eastenders on Youtube with no problem. I will stay here again and will strongly recommend it to all my friends!

Room Tip: Request a room in the back. Either 4th or 5th floor which is quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brutal B
Thank you! although this review is older we do appreciate the feedback and you covered it, clean and comfortable and a good breakfast and good location, we could not have said it better! Thank you for your patronage!
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight on our way to Disneyland. We purchased the room through Priceline - a king bedroom suite with couch with pullout bed. The room was clean, but we found ants crawling through the bathroom and the pullout bed was broken. Completely lacking anything to support the mattress along the whole foot of the bed - my 2 year old fell right through the bed and onto the floor. We mentioned it to the front desk the following day and they promised that a manager would call me later that day but he never did. Broken bed and broken promises from the quality inn. I'd recommend staying somewhere else. Not worth money paid.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank jillagig
A P, Manager at Hotel Silver Lake Los Angeles, responded to this review, 29 December 2014
We are constantly upgrading our hotel and we understand that everyone has a level of comfort and we apologize that your stay was not what you expected. Thank you.
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Property is a former LA apt. bldg. Exterior corridors, elevator (although if your room is on "4" you will have to walk up a flight of stairs to reach it). Modern king room with large flat screen TV, ample TV channels, free wifi, work desk. Door steps vary in height, use caution when entering or exiting room. Pool (untried), outdoor patio on 5th floor. Free breakfast. Vending machines in lobby. Now the weird part: I had gone to bed and (I think) I had locked and deadbolted the door. All of a sudden at about midnight a bunch of people started pounding on the door, repeating, "Angel! We know you're in there!" And then someone inserted a key, -- the door opened --, and only the U-shaped metal door thingie kept them from coming in. I called the front desk and was hung up on. I called 9-911 and reached the LAPD who said they were responding. Eventually the pounding stopped and someone else started knocking on the door. "Front desk!" Like at that point I was really going to open the door to somebody claiming to be from the front desk. Free parking.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank mbstone
A P, Manager at Hotel Silver Lake Los Angeles, responded to this review, 10 February 2015
We are very sorry that you had to experience this, we have new different managers and we agree that was weird. The only explanation is that the electronic key cards work for a specific time, and they are either returned or get thrown out but do not work after the allotted time of paid stay. We have not ever had this happen before and we understand that this is an older review, but still wanted to express our apologies. Thank you.