“CORRECTION OF POOR REVIEW MAY 2012 , FOUND MISSING JEWELRY”

Quality Inn Near Hollywood Walk of Fame
Ranked #136 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I am profoundly sorry and need to correct my May 2012 review, the jewelry that was missing from suitcase has been found, it was not missing from my hotel room or the airlines, I wish to apologize for the poor review I gave last May 12,2012 for that reason

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank gigi419

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We staying in LA for 4 nights and the hotel itself was not too bad.
Sadly Los Angles was a bit more dodgy than what we had hoed for but the Hotel is close to a few main attractions and the staff was helpful

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fran181
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My partner & I stayed here in May 2013 for the first 2 nights of our 4 week holiday to the states. When we arrived, the hotel was undergoing reno's so the outside of the building was very gray and looked nothing like the photos.

The reception area was small and the guy who checked us in said that if we waited around for 30 mins, our room would be ready. Our room was clean and comfortable. There was an extra basin just outside the bathroom door, so that was handy. The pool had lots of leaves in it and needed a good clean. The breakfast was great, had everything you needed. The room is small and the cutlery, plates & cups are all plastic so you can go back to your room or sit at the tables around the pool.

The location is great if you want to explore Hollywood Blvd, this hotel is a 10 min walk from the Walk of Fame. There's a great Thai restaurant not too far from the hotel as well as iHop, Denny's ect.

I would stay here again as it's well priced for the location.

Room Tip: Our room wasn't too far from reception and the breakfast room and on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We didn't actually stay here. Made a reservation through Orbitz - specifically requesting a non-smoking room. When we arrived, the clerk said there were only smoking rooms. We had to call Orbitz, wait on hold for 30 minutes, at which time Orbitz called the hotel and a non-smoking room "magically" opened up!?!? We cancelled the reservation anyway - not wanting to have anything more to do with that business.

Room Tip: Don't risk it
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rodney R
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Paid too much for this room as hotel is undergoing renovation. The view outside my room was plastic sheeting and a concrete mixing bucket sitting in the middle of the concrete paint splattered hallway. No carpeting any where. Swam while workers pounded and cemented on rooms in the filthy pool . Could not take a nap with the construction noise. Next morning the boiled egg bowl was empty but there were a lot in the fridg so I had to ask lady for one. She gave me one and hastily hid them In a frig without a glass front so others wouldn't ask as it was ten minutes till closing at 9 am. She wouldn't refill the egg bowl and a guy asked when he saw mine and she wouldn't put them out. It was a pit!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Gray4fam
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Great location ,hotel going through a renovation . Breakfast OK lovely lady who looks after breakfast room and makes your waffles a joy first thing in morning. Had great Italian top of road where walk of fame begins (can,t remember name). Had to get something printed ,receptionist very helpful .

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My stay here was a nightmare and I could not get out of there fast enough. Something insane was going on with people staying right next to my room and I kept on hearing a man shouting crazy things like "[--] YOU!" "GET OFF OF ME OR I'LL KILL YOU!!" and then there's the dead silence for a while and just when you start thinking that things will be fine, you hear him shouting again. This went on and on throughout the night and I got very scared. My friends who each had their own room came over to my room and heard my neighbor shouting as well and suggested me that I should ask for another room. So we went up to the reception and explained what was going on and that I would like a different room. The man at the reception simply refused to give me another room and looked at me as if I am over reacting. He flat out LIED to us that the place is fully booked and there is no room left they could offer. We knew he was lying because we checked the Quality Inn website to see if they still have vacant rooms right before we went to talk with the receptionist. As we kept on insisting him that he should assign me another room, he tells us to wait there for a minute while he goes to check out what's going on. Well, all he did was knocked on the door (which no one did answer) and he just stood there for a minute or two to see if he could hear anyone shouting. And then he comes back to us and told us that nothing seems be wrong. Eventually we gave up and I had to spend the night listening to the occasional crazy shouts while being terrified until it was morning. I have traveled all around the world, visited many countries and have stayed at hundreds of hotels and never had such horrifying experience before...EVER. I have stayed at other Quality Inns before, but I decided to never, ever choose Quality Inn again, because I think they have NO "quality" whatsoever. It's too bad because if it wasn't for the crazy man next to my room and the rude, lying, unhelpful receptionist, my stay there would have been a no-frills-but-an-okay one.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends