“Only place to get a state employee rate”
Review of Century Park Hotel

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #100 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Only place to get a state employee rate”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I searched the Beverly Hills area to get a state employee rate because I had to go there for business. Holiday Inn Express on Olympic Blvd was the only place I could find. Upon arrival, the front desk people were warm and welcoming, commenting on my great rate. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was great and everything worked. The lcoation was perfect for my needs. I wouls easily return when I am in the area. Breakfast was offered with the room, but I chose to go to Nate 'n Al's, my favorite breakfast place in Beverly Hills.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CaliforniaLeslie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Cheap Hotel at a good location
amateur staff
decent enough to stay for a day or two
breakfast was good
Clean rooms

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank pkil
Thompsonville, Michigan
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Stumbled upon this hotel when trying to find a room for the night without a reservation. We checked in fairly late (after 9:30 PM) and were able to secure two rooms at a very fair rate. The gentleman checking us in was unflappable checking us in, answering the phone, and fielding a couple of questions from others in the lobby.

Our rooms were on the second floor; ours was handicap accessible and really large. My sis' room was still roomy. We had a bit of an issue figuring out the shower, but after fiddling managed just fine.

We were able to walk to BJ's up at Century City and they were open until midnight on a Thursday. A movie theater was next to BJ's as well.

Beds were comfortable and the AC wasn't too loud and really cranked out the cool air. Breakfast in the morning was amazing for being complimentary. There were cold cereals, yogurt, pancakes, omletes, sausage, sausage gravy & biscuits, some fresh fruit, and a few baked goods. Juices were also available. We had a great conversation with others sitting in the room as well.

Room Tip: When a rate is presented, be sure to ask if any discounts are available. We were able to save $40/r...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank upnorth98
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 30 July 2011

This is a wonderful little hotel, great location, WONDERFUL staff...enormous room. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank RebeccaMu
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My first impression of this hotel was not a great one, on entering the second floor corridor there was a very unpleasant smell, quite musty, reminding me of a damp old soiled carpet, and my instinct was to turn and run. I was, however too tired and desperate for sleep.

I am pleased to say that the smell was not permanent, but the was still an occasional unpleasant odor. This is noticeable when exiting the elevator which is next to the stairs so perhaps this is where the smell is coming from.... Perhaps people smoking in the car park or other smells coming from there?

I am glad that I did stay. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful, the bed was comfortable, with a choice of pillow softness, the shower was hot and refreshing. My room was a very good size. The location is fantastic... Just across the road from Century City, 2 close supermarkets to stock your fridge if you wish. Close to the farmers market at Fairfax and 3rd for great fruit and vegetables. 5 minutes from the Beverly Hills shopping areas.
Not too far from the beaches, Hollywood or downtown. Easy access to public transport.

My only negatives (once the smell dissipated) are the tacky fake flowers everywhere, especially the single white ones which have dusty and discoloured gel, making it look moldy - use fresh flowers or don't bother. Also the extreme waste of supplies and the cost to the environment, my 2 soaps were thrown away and replaced every day, and the toilet paper was changed way before required several times when I was here, even though there is a second roll in the bathroom in case you run out - save the environment and please only replace supplies as required.

I would stay here again, loved the location, some really good staff members (Troy, Michael, Gloria and Sophia were all personally helpful to me), and the price was quite good.

Room Tip: I mentioned that I needed extra space when checking in and preferred a shower over a bath, they happ...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Aly0808
gm_hie_centurycity, General Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2011
Thank you so much for taking time to give us your feedback. I apologize for the odor we did have a water spillage in our hallway on the second floor and we were getting it dry when you arrived. I truly appreciate all of our comments and will take action on them. We want our guests to have an exceptional experience and your comments give us that opportunity.
Hawaii
Reviewed 28 July 2011

First time I stayed at this hotel or a Holiday Express. Location was perfect for my business. Bryan at the Front Desk was extremely helpful in helping me find a local Sprint Store among other things. He went over and above what I expected.

Staff here is very helpful. Easy access in and out.

Room Tip: Rooms are nicer than the Lobby so don't pre-judge the hotel until you get to your room.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank bgnHI
Newport, Wales
Reviewed 22 July 2011

A mix-up over the booking (but probably not the fault of the hotel) wasn’t the best of starts for a group of jet-lagged travelers, but the concierge was professional and helpful, and with a bit of give-and-take we got things sorted out. By LA standards this hotel is probably in the budget class, but we found it to be professionally and efficiently run, offering all the amenities we needed (eg TV, wi-fi, fridge, microwave, coffee-maker, hairdryer), in clean and comfortable rooms. The breakfasts were self-served, and more than adequate though lacking much variation. Breakfast seating was quite limited but we never actually failed to get a table, and trays were available to carry back to the room if required. All the members of staff we met were friendly and helpful. Not much to occupy a tourist in the immediate locality (unless you count the fine shopping mall on the next block) but I guess most visitors to LA would have use of a vehicle and take advantage of the hotel’s valet parking and the convenient accessibility on Olympic Boulevard.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family