“An affordable dream close to everything you need”
Review of Century Park Hotel

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #107 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I visited the Holiday Inn Express in Century City on a business trip in February 2013. I was not looking forward to 13 nights in a hotel, however, when I arrived, my outlook instantly became brighter. The front desk greeted me warmly (which was exactly what I needed after a day of traveling), and recommended the grocery store across the street when I asked where I could get a quick bite to eat.

The room I stayed in was perfect. Unlike many hotels in which I've stayed, the room was both wide and long, making it easy to navigate and giving me a significant amount of room in which to move around. The room boasted a comfortable bed, a desk with a char, a dresser, chair, footrest, and an area with a fridge and microwave. Because of the smart division of in-room amenities, it felt like I was staying in a suite.

Awesome location, walking distance to Santa Monica Blvd, UCLA, and the Century CIty Mall. I was able to see a lot of different areas of West LA on foot, which is great when traveling for business. The area seemed pretty safe, too.

The service here is great. All of the front desk employees were great; specifically, Rozi always made me feel like I was coming home to friends instead of coming back to a hotel. She was welcoming and courteous, always asking about my day and making sure to accommodate in any way possible. One day, she asked if I were headed out for a walk, and handed me a water bottle so I wouldn't become dehydrated on my trip. That little detail helps depict my entire stay--they definitely go above and beyond to make you feel at home.

I'd definitely recommend this place when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
General M, Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

There are newer reviews for Century Park Hotel

Reviewed 22 February 2013

We stayed here for nine nights in Feb 2013. The stay was very relaxing and easy going. Troy at the front desk went above and beyond to help us out with whatever we needed, he's very friendly and easy going and made our stay that much more pleasant.
Thanks Dan

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 February 2013

This is a nice hotel in a good location near the Fox Studios and Century City Mall. Good service, nice rooms, not much of a view, but close to many area attractions. Grocery store across the street. Basic HIE breakfast. Valet parking ($15/night with in/out privileges.)

Room Tip: Breakfast is on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our Holiday Inn Express - Century City Hotel. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I found the location to be quite good and close to Beverly Hills and Sunset Blvd where there is nightlife. The receptionists were very friendly and accommodating and when I complained about my room which was facing the road they switched it quickly (I don't know if its was just because I'm a gold member). The alternate room was better and was facing the neighborhood flats.

The main problem I found here was the noise coming from the upper floor where people were walking on it. It seems that it was an old wooden floor and the sound isolation was bad. This problem was "enhanced" from another aspect as I was woken up by the doors slamming loudly in the morning. This happened many times so I don't think its someone that has done this intentionally.
The free breakfast was OK and had a reasonable variety.
There is no self parking only Valet.

Room Tip: Don't take the ones facing the road if you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback about our Holiday Inn Express - Century City Hotel. We are extremely sorry to hear that your experience was less than excellent. Your comments will be forwarded to our Corporate Office and reviewed with our entire team. We strive to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

This is a small hotel just off the backlot of one of the movie studios. It's a very nice area and I had a nice run each morning back into the neighborhoods and parks and even came across a tv crew filming scenes in the big park just a a few blocks away (they were filming scenes for Jenna Elfman's new show 1600 Penn).

The breakfast bar/buffet left a lot to be desired. It was in a converted hotel room and was cramped and not particularly clean. Plus, the offerings were pretty junky.

The rooms were nice and big and the valet service was nice.

I stayed here for work and it was fine. The hotel had a distinct smell - perhaps an overzealous use of cleaning fluids.

It was fine and I might stay again for work but just plan that I'd need to go elsewhere for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I was greeted with a helpful and friendly staff person, Rozi. She explained the hotel's amenities and pointed out nearby Ralph's which was helpful. The room was clean and my room came with 2 types of pillows labeled: firm and soft. I slept great. Valet parking was reasonable and a good value at $15.00/day with unlimited in/out privileges. And the breakfast buffet included hot food, which I didn't expect, but was pleasantly surprised. In addition to juice/coffee/tea and various pastries/toast/bagels, fruit, yogurt, and cereals, you can get pancakes, biscuits and sausage gravy, sausage. I would recomment this hotel to anybody. Give it a try.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed at this hotel when we went to see the Lakers play at the Staple Center. It was a nice hotel. The staff were very helpful and extremely friendly. Rooms were clean. Holiday Inn provided a free breakfast which was nice. Only thing I didn't like were the beds. They were quite hard.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FunFamily44
General M, General Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback about our Holiday Inn Express - Century City Hotel. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. We are extremely sorry to hear that your experience was less than excellent. Your comments will be forwarded to our Corporate Office. All feedback is necessary for us to continue to improve.