“Amazing Quality for an Affordable Price”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #44 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I loved staying at the Hotel Angeleno. I traveled by myself and got in very early in the morning. Although my room was not ready that early (which I expected), they stored my luggage for me so I could wander around Los Angeles. The bed is the best part of the room. It was so extremely comfortable and the room was very chic. My view from the balcony was breathtaking. I definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you are looking to do anything in the Brentwood/Westwood/Santa Monica area. I was visiting UCLA and it was so close to the campus. The free shuttle made my stay so much easier (and cheaper by not having to rent a car!)

They also have a complimentary wine hour in the lobby, which was very nice and a great way to meet new people.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Angeleno

Reviewed 14 March 2011

This hotel just delivered and delivered excellent service to my family during our week's stay in Los Angeles. They quickly changed our room on check in to best suit our needs. The room service was prompt and delicious. The front desk staff was very friendly, as was the valet - especially the AM/day crew - they payed special attention to our toddler, and he couldn't wait to say, "Hi" and see them each morning. The bed was one of THE most comfortable I've ever slept in. Housekeeping was so friendly and did a great job in our room. My family wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Of special note, I had left some fine jewelry in the safe (including a family diamond pendant) and Anna, head of housekeeping, and her staff returned it to me safely. Talk about honestly and exceeding expectations. I am so lucky these ladies took care of us. Thank you - thank you Anna! You are the best.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I have stayed twice at the Hotel Angeleno and I love this hotel. The service is stellar as well as the comfort of the rooms. I am very picky about the beds so when I say the bed is comfy it is comfy...The hotel features an amazing restaurant that has a dazzeling view of the city. They also have a great shuttle that will take you the Getty, West Wood, or even UCLA Medical Center. Wonderful Wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2011

The beds were very comfortable and the staff very friendly. The valet service was courteous, fast, and efficient. Inviting outdoor pool. Small but functional fitness room.
The best breakfast waffles!

That said, the hotel is surrounded by high traffic which is very noisy. Forget using the balcony (which is just large enough for two people to stand on). The noise is intolerable once you open the sliding doors, which you want to do because the rooms are small and stuffy. Three people in a room with luggage and you're tripping over each other. No room for the suitcases, and the wardrobe is too small. We hope they'll do something in the wash area concerning the lighting. If you're a woman (or man) and trying to put on make-up, bring a lighted mirror. No full length mirror, either! That's bad when you're dressing for a formal event. And the TV blocks the mirror behind the bureau. Our party was sharing two rooms. Both ran out of tissues and toilet paper which weren't replaced, even after the tissue box was turned upside down so that the room attendant would take note. Also, our rooms went unmade for an entire day until we let it be known we had to start getting ready for the evening's events. To top it off, the restaurant is super expensive with few menu selections. At lunch, we brought in a tiny cake to surprise and acknowledge a family member's birthday and were asked to pay a $10.00 fee. Outrageous! But, the breakfast waffles are fantastic!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CarolS52
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I have been staying at Hotel Angeleno for approximately five years, ever since I discovered it. Location in Brentwood, only minutes from Westwood and Bel Air...and Beverly Hills and Santa Monica, make it ideal for me. Great pool, work-out room, and one of the best restaurants in LA.

Front-desk staff have always been extremely helpful...and, Edith, in particular, who seems to know all the great places to visit, has a Google-map ready, whenever I mention where I'm going, has made my stay as stress-free and easy as one could want.

Bill Slosky
St. Thomas and Pompano Beach, Fl.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I've stayed in many hotels around the world and never had a stranger (NON guest) bang on my door at 1am TWICE with the hotel's answer being 'well, we don't check that people are guests when they come in.'. On top of it, the bathroom was never really cleaned, my two requests for non-feather bedding were ignored, and the sheets had lipstick on them. A shame as it is a pleasant hotel, decent location, and fair food. Security though is an issue and if I wanted drunks knocking on my door at all hours I would have stayed in Hollywood.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mad132
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2011

Dear Aurora100,

I apologize for the issue you had with somebody knocking on your door. Our security performs hourly rounds of the entire building, so we don't usually have such issues. As for housekeeping, I will speak to our Executive Housekeeper to ensure such issues don't happen again.

At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay and how we can improve.

Warm Regards,

Scott Gordon
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2011

I can remember seeing this round tower since childhood whenever we would drive down the 405. For me, it signals all of the best known Southern California sights are right around the corner. So yes, staying here was on the bucket list. So much for the prologue.
My new BF and I took an old school chum to the Cake concert at The Troubadour for his birthday and since neither of them had been through Malibu we drove down the coast on highway 1 and stopped at my favorite breakfast burrito place, Lilly's at Point Dume, then came down Sunset. Turns out that the hotel I thought I had reserved had NO record of my reservation. Which was fine. I popped in to The Angeleno and got a double room for the night and was pleasantly surprised to find that the rate was still pretty cheap for a 3 day weekend (double under $200). The room was clean and modern. I loved the restaurant/bar on the 17th floor which has a great view. I wish that I had brought a swim suit, because the pool looked pretty inviting. I want to return and I think that I have found my new favorite place to stay. It is central to the freeways and museums that I frequent and is only a few minutes away from the best shopping and nightlife in the city.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Gypsytraveler09,

Sounds like you had a great trip! We are honored that we are your new 'favorite place to stay' and that we were on your bucket list. Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel.

I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

Warm Regards,