“Nice hotel”

Ranked #47 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel on the middle leg of our honeymoon and overall were very pleased. The room was beautiful, had a lovely bathroom and an absolutely enormous bed! The whole hotel was extremely clean and un-fussy, and the staff on the desk were very helpful.
The only drawback for us was the location - we hadn't hired a car for our stay in LA and found that the hotel was essentially in the middle of nowhere if you wanted to walk anywhere. It's a great location if you have transportation at your disposal, but if you are car-less, as we were, it is really not convenient. It cost us a lot of money in taxi fares getting to and from the hotel and really limited our options for things to do on an evening - for example we couldn't just pop back to the room for an hour or so and then head out again unless we wanted to pay out for another taxi.
Location aside, everything else about this hotel was great and I would recommend it to others wanting to stay in LA.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear SaraParry

I hope you had a great honeymoon!

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. Please remember we have a courtesy car that goes three miles in any direction of the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I couldn't have asked for better service while staying at this hotel. I will definitely be coming back. The location was perfect, it was quiet when I wanted to sleep, the room was clean and the decor was beautiful.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear krwillsh

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our customer service. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

This hotel was great! The rooms were modern and clean. The location was very convenient, however right next to freeway. The noise didn't bother us, could hardly hear it. We were able to bypass a lot of the LA traffic by jumping on freeway, so we thought location was great. The pool was really nice... Modern and stylish seating area with fireplace. The valet parking was a bit of a pain. There was a wedding the weekend we stayed so every time we needed the car, it took awhile, as there were a lot of people. This wouldn't discourage me from staying there. The restaurant was great with spectacular views of LA. BE ADVISED... The toilet and shower are in a separate room, next to the sink vanity. There is no door to the sink and the door to the toilet/shower is blurred glass. You can't see through clearly, but you can definitely see through! So if you are staying with your partner, no issue. But if you are staying with a business associate or friend, it is a bit uncomfortable and weird.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a room where the bathroom door is solid (not glass).
1 Thank Patricia55555
Dear Patricia55555

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I loved everything about this hotel! I recently stayed at Hotel Angeleno and I had an amazing experience. Upon check in I was greeted by the famous Chris. I mentioned to him that I had heard a lot about him. He appreciated my complement and assured me that he would live up to his reviews. Of course... HE DID! He made sure to greet me every time I walked through the door. He took the time to get to know me and see how my day was going. He even hand delivered my Fedex. The night crew bring a fun fresh and hip style to customer service. You know the kind of customer service that you expect from all hotels. The only set back to my stay was the obnoxious wedding party that was also staying there. I wish management would have told them that they did not own the hotel. They were always drunk, loud, and flat out rude to the hotel employees. I did had a room on the freeway side, and I although you can hear the freeway, it did not bother me. The whole staff at Hotel Angeleno should be celebrated for their costumer service excellence. Here is to Chris and the entire gang.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Dear JTWINE

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the 'famous Chris' and our hotel. And the Front desk was very excited about your 'fun fresh and hip style to customer service' comment. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Fresno, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I'm surprised how contradictory my recent experience at Hotel Angeleno was compared to other recent reviews of this hotel. My family attended a wedding close to this hotel and we were told a shuttle is available to take us and pick us up from the nearby reception. This was confirmed to us when we made our reservation and this was the only reason we chose this hotel. We returned to the hotel after the ceremony with 5 other couples/families who were staying at the hotel with the intention of taking the shuttle to the reception. When we asked at the front desk, they told us the shuttle was never reserved for us and therefore would not be available since another wedding party at the hotel reserved the shuttle. The lady at the front desk told us there was a misunderstanding between their event coordinator and the bride of our wedding party. There was never any apology for the "misunderstanding" and the lady at the desk did not make any effort to accommodate us or make any suggestions for other travel alternatives. The valet attendant called a few taxis for us and we got to the reception an hour late. We were in the wedding party, but since we were late we missed out on being included in the wedding party pictures. The most frustrating part of this "misunderstanding" was the shuttle was parked at the hotel the entire time we waited for the taxis and it was parked at the hotel when we returned from the reception.
Our room was very small with two beds crammed in to a tiny space. When you put luggage for two adults and children in the room, it left very little space for moving around the room. The hotel attempts to be upscale by adding modern fixtures in the bathroom but other areas of the room appeared worn including a broken door handle to the bathroom which was fixed on our second day. We had a room on the second floor with a view of the 405, dumpster, and parking lot with the hotel shuttle we didn't get to use. Traffic noise was not an issue because any outside noise was drowned out by the old and very loud AC unit. The bed was comfortable and was one of the only good points of our stay. If you are relying on GPS to get around LA as we were, be warned that there is a lot of road construction on the freeway and nearby streets of the hotel which often complicated our travel to and from the hotel which is why we were really looking forward to using the shuttle.
Upon checking out, we were never asked how our stay was. In my experience, the staff at reputable hotels want to make sure their guests enjoyed their stay. This was not the case at Hotel Angeleno and in my dealings with the staff at the front desk, my impression was they could care less if we enjoyed our stay. When I'm back in LA and happen to drive by the round hotel on the 405, I will remember what a terrible experience it was.

Dear 98travels2go

Thank you very much for writing a review of our hotel.

Upon investigation I discovered that a van from an outside company was hired by somebody in your wedding party. The hotel was not informed of this, and therefore there was some confusion. I apologize for the mixup. I have shared your very helpful comments with Front Desk team.

Hope to see you again soon.

Caerdydd, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Stayed here on arrival in LA and again for one night before returning to UK

Excellent hotel!! A little out of town but courtesy transport to LA and the standard of service was one of the best we encountered while in America this year.

Staff were absolutely brilliant and nothing too much trouble. Reception staff were unbelievably helpful.

Transport was arranged back to the airport and the staff organised a limo as it was cjeaper than the shuttle bus! this was wonderful and the perfect end to our holiday

Highly recommended and would stay again with no hesitation.

thank you for a brilliant stay on both occasions.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Becky W
Dear Becky W,

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our staff and the hotel. For transportation, please remember we have a hotel courtesy car that goes three miles in any direction from the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Baywood Park, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

HOTEL ANGELENO – ANYTIME!

Barely three months ago I had occasion to write a highly critical review of a Los Angeles hotel in Woodland Hills Warner Center. (posted on TripAdvisor as ‘MARRYNOT’ ). It is rare when you can compare hotels under almost identical and unique circumstances, but such was this case this past week. The circumstances involved the marriage of two daughters within a three month period, booking large family and wedding party blocks, a senior family member with medical issues requiring early check-in, and the general operation, accommodation and management of the establishment itself. By contrast, the first hotel was the harshest review I’ve ever written regarding a stay, but I am happy to report the HOTEL ANGELENO was in stark opposition. Both hotels were booked solid – in fact, there were THREE large wedding parties at the ANGELENO that weekend. Given that, and some early hitches in getting checked in, the Desk Staff was most accommodating and apologetic and stepped up in a highly professional manner. Although a tad more expensive for room rates, The Angelino offered free internet (vs $13 a day), Complimentary Valet parking (vs $16 a day for self parking) , better pricing in both the bar and restaurant (and much better quality food at that), so the ‘gouging extras’ offset the room rate. Senior member was not only allowed to enter her room at the requested 1:00 PM checkin , she was accommodated even sooner to our happy surprise! (In a very FULL hotel, mind you). When we did have minor issues with room keys, a front desk staff member showed up within minutes ( as opposed to a half hr wait for a bellhop that never did show up in the previous hotel) – when the AC unit went ‘out’ a call to the desk resulted in maintenance at the door within three minutes and the tripped breaker fixed with 8 minutes.
Complaints about the Angelino? – You’re over looking the 405 fwy so traffic noise is constant (opt for opposite side room or FAN on for ‘white noise’ to effectively block ) – Construction on Sunset Blvd @ 405 is troublesome but not hotel’s fault – and I’d stay away from the PORK BELLY HASH on the breakfast menu (but everyone else at a table for 12 was very happy). Great bar and restaurant views. Value, quality of stay, gracious and professional staff, were top notch and impressive. Highly recommend the Angeleno Hotel over many of the others in close proximity, and that certainly includes the mistake in Woodland Hills. Well done ANGELENO. Well Done!

Room Tip: opposite side from 405 fwy - upper rooms
Dear gary k

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel,and about our complimentary wifi and valet parking. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.