“A Gem on The Highway”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #45 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 November 2012

'Dial a Flight' booked this hotel for me on a last minute trip to LA to attend the UCLA parents weekend where my son is studying. Having done my research before, I was well aware that this hotel was situated on the highway. But what a great surprise it turned out to be. After a very long journey from London I was welcomed by a very helpful hotel Manager called Riley . He continued to be pleasant and accomodating throughout my four night stay regardless of how busy it was. Clean and comfortable rooms with large flat TV screen, the bathroom was small but with granite tops and pleasing aromotherapy toiletries.
The restaurant on the 17th floor had panoramic views of the surrounding Westwood area and distant views of Santa Monica and the sea beyond. Unfortunately I didn't have time to have dinner there but the breakfasts were surperb. Homemade blueberry yoghurt and granola - the best I have ever tasted in the world. Next time I will not be having dinner at The Beverly Hills Hotel but will be booking a table on the 17th floor for dinner!. A truly wonderful stay and extremely good value. The shuttle bus to and from UCLA was also a bonus (as long as you you pre-book a slot) and will be definitely be staying there again during the next four years. Location wise I probably had one of the least desirable rooms, on the third floor opposite the lift. Not once did I hear the lift and the traffic noise you get use to, and not at all if you turn up the air conditioning. Despite this, the outside pool was lovely to swim in and to watch humming birds dart in and out.
I am a seasoned traveller, extremely critical and have stayed at some of the best hotels in the world but would highly recommend Hotel Angeleno as a luxury base for exploring LA or visiting UCLA..

Room Tip: Those higher and hill facing are supposed to be be quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Dear wychanger

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and, of course, Riley. Hopefully during your next visit you'll have time to enjoy dinner up in our delicious restaurant, West. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. We look forward to seeing you often during the next four years.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

I stayed here for a mini in state vaca and it was perfect! Upon arrivial I was greated by Chris Williams and he was more than helpful with everything from what the hotel had to offer, as well as what I could do in the area and even gave me advise for a great place to eat! The upgrading the rooms had to offer was also nice! This place was the perfect choice!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear chelsey r

Reviewed 6 November 2012

The hotel was very noisy as there are roadworks going on nearby (early October 2012) but it didn't matter as Edith was so pleasant and helpful, organising for me to make use of the hotel minibus to go to the Paul Getty Centre, nearby (highly recommended, like the hotel. She also contacted the Limousine company for me.
The restaurant on the 17th floor has wonderful views, and very good food.
If you are going to LA, this is worth a look.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Dear AnnWatson

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and about one of our superstars, Edith. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

After spending the entire day at the Getty Musuem, we were so glad we booked at the Hotel Angeleno. After checking in, we sipped complimentary wine in the lobby, then went to the 17th floor to the lounge/restaurant area to watch the sunset.

Bedding was sooooooooooooo comfortable!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear jm5445

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. I am so glad you got to experience our complimentary wine hour and sunset toust. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We came for UCLA parent weekend and were greeted by a very friendly staff, Chris and Joseph, in particular. It's not our first time here and it won't be our last. The hotel always smells so clean and aromatic and the rooms are very comfortable.

Maris D.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Maris D

I hope you enjoyed Parent's Weekend. Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our staff, especially Chris and Joseph. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Thankyou hotel angeleno. I'm a Los Angeles resident who need a staycation in my own city. So I decided to spend a night at the Hotel Angeleno. The staff and service were superb (Chris Williams in particular). I look forward to my next staycation.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear Jacqueline D

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay-cation! Always nice to refuel. Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Chris and the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

This hotel is so great! Everyone was so friendly! The rooms are so nice and the price is amazing for how nice this hotel is. I liked the location because I could just hop right on to sunset blvd and the freeway. I loved the rooms. The resturant at the top has really good food. I come to L.A. very often and I think I finally found a hotel that I can always stay at!! I was very pleased overall. Thanks to Josph & Chis for providing such excellent service!

Room Tip: Super nice hotel and probably the best priced!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear kicastan

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our rooms, Chris, and Joseph. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.