“Nice place; cool staff”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #44 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 9 June 2014

All staff were really nice and accommodating. Rooms were clean and well appointed. The food could have used a little more spicy zing, but for standard fare, it was tasty.

No jacuzzi I don't think and the canteen only takes cash, so I couldn't concoct a Kombucha Mimosa (extra fizzy, you should try).

The wine hour @ 5pm was a great thing.

overall, a nice stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ngranner101
There are newer reviews for Hotel Angeleno

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The room we had on the 3rd floor was comfortable and reasonably quiet. The bed was large and very comfortable and there was plenty of room for our luggage. The bathroom was well appointed.
We had free wifi in our room, and at "cocktail hour" there was free wine tasting in the lobby - very nice! We also partook of "happy hour" in the hotel restaurant on the 17th floor, which has great views out over the city.
All in all, a very pleasant stay on our final night in the States before our flight back to New Zealand.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed at the Hotel Angeleno several times since our daughter started at UCLA 3 years ago. We travel constantly, and have MANY Marriott points, but the service we get at this hotel can make us forget we have free stays elsewhere! The location is great, the free parking and shuttle service are a real plus and the attitude of the employees is beyond compare. Logan (baggage/front desk) is one of the most personable young men I've met in a long time. Tracy and Greg (rooftop bar) will also take EXCELLENT care of you. They genuinely seem to enjoy what they do and you come away feeling like family!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Angeleno for 3 nights in May 2014 and I was not very impressed. The construction work outside was annoying but funnily enough not why I wasn’t impressed.
One elevator was out of action for our whole stay which meant lengthy waits to get to our rooms and to the bar or restaurant. One morning when we did enter the lift there was a hotel employee already inside and he swore (not quietly) at the fact we were entering, I imagine this was as he was fed up of the lift stopping and starting to contend with the large volume of people. I would suggest if you want to swear at your guests don’t wear your hotel name badge.
We had breakfast once in the hotel as we had an early start. It was pretty empty in the restaurant but still the service was slow and pretty unprofessional. Also the standard of food was not great. I left most of the overpriced muffin as it was so dry.
The main reason I wasn’t impressed with this hotel was the fact that the laundry service lost an item of my clothes. When we complained we were passed from pillar to post as they outsource the laundry and we were made to feel like we were lying. When I told reception the value of the item that was missing the two receptionists spoke about me in Spanish (assuming I wouldn't understand) and raised their eyebrows at the cost, again as though I was lying. As they outsource their laundry we had to wait for an investigation and told the manager would call us later that day. He called the next day to say that they couldn’t find my laundry and they would not charge us for the laundry and an extra $8 to take it up to the cost of the item. Losing the item was annoying but the part that really upset me was the receptionists discussing me in front of me in another language, it was disrespectful and very unprofessional. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fiona H
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had stayed at this hotel a year ago. We decided to stay again this year because of the nice location and room. We had arranged in advance for a town car to take us to an event the night we checked in. Upon arrival to LA we called to verify our room and car would be ready, when we checked in because we were running late. They forgot to reserve our car and offered a cab instead. Wasn't thrilled, but took the cab anyways. We arrived to check in, got our key and headed up to our room to find it wasn't made up and the the maid was still in there. We had to rush back down to get another room. We were starting to wonder if it was a mistake to stay at the Angeleno. The check in staff offered us a free breakfast due to the room and car issue. They then escorted us up to our room to be sure this one was ready. We were able to get ready and meet our cab just in the nick of time for our event. Once we got over the obstacles we were happy to have the wonderful staff make up for the faults of the hotel. Elijah and Lonny at the front desk did a great job making our stay that much better. Had they not gone the extra mile for us we wouldn't had been happy patrons.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less Highway noise
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A native Los Angelena, we stayed at the Hotel Angeleno for quick access to a wedding in nearby Brentwood. Overall, the facilities were very nice and modern and the room the same. What's great about this hotel is they've got a free shuttle service for destinations nearby, which is hugely important if you don't have a car or simply don't want to drive.

My one complaint: we were in a private event in a dining room in the hotel, and the brunch service was lacking. No coffee cups or power for the toaster.

Aside from that, everything was great.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. If you're planning a trip to the Getty, you literally cannot find a more convenient hotel... But beyond that, I loved my stay at the Angelo.The location and view are lovely (though, since it's a cylinder, I suppose some views are more lovely than others? I loved mine.). The building is unique. The room and ambiance were wonderful, and the value was excellent.

The few items that gave me pause from other online reviews -- noise from the freeway and exorbitant valet parking -- ended up being of no concern at all: even though our room faced the freeway (though not head-on), we barely noticed it unless we were on the patio. And valet parking was complimentary, so...

Above all else, the Angeleno staff was unfailing friendly, welcoming, and helpful We truly felt like valued guests. Thanks!

Literally the only thing I grumbled about were oddball tiered WiFi rates: you can use the free WiFi, or pay for Premium or Super Premium. I kind of feel like hotel WiFi should just be treated as de rigueur these days... BUT: We stuck with free, and it was fine for everything we needed, including watching (slightly pixelated) Netflix.

1  Thank patrick o