“Very friendly ”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #48 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I decided to stay here with our kids for our universal studios vacation. I had a deluxe king for me and my two kiddos and we were very happy. The room is very clean and not cluttered. The fridge actually works! So often I find in a hotel that our waters stay semi cold but this one worked perfect.
I found the doorless shower odd...makes for a fast shower because all the warm air escapes.
The bed and pillows are very comfy!

I will admit it's loud but, what do expect when you are literally right on the 405. I kept the AC unit on to block the sound of cars but the unit isn't exactly silent. I preferred that to the cars though.

The wifi is sooooo slow. I didn't either bother.

The only thing that upset me and the reason why I can't give it 5 stars is because I left at 8:30 in the morning and got back at 9:30 at night. I got to my door and it was open. Housekeeping forgot to close it. Lucky nothing was taken out of my room as I had laptop and iPad in there. I called down to give them a heads up and although the man was not rude he seemed like he didn't really care. No "I'm sorry"
I let it go ... It wasn't his fault and he said he would talk to housekeeping but I would have like a "I'm really sorry"

Overall I have to say we would stay again and the staff (especially valet) were so incredibly friendly.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ayresfam
AngelenoGstRelations, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced with the internet as well as your door not being closed when you returned. I will be sure to share your experience with the rest of our team. We hope to see you again soon.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,816)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is adjacent to the very busy 405 freeway. You will hear traffic 24 hours a day despite the elevation of your room. In addition to the traffic noise, rooms have quite noisy wall mounted air conditioners. The balcony is useless. It is too narrow for a chair and once the door is open the traffic noise is exceptionally intrusive.

Check the rates being offered at the hotel website as they are highly variable. You may find that a rate one week prior to arrival is significantly different than one being offered two days before arrival.

Rooms are kept clean and being a non-smoking premises are free of offensive odors associated with either smoking or cleaners to reduce such odors.

The bed is very comfortable and the foregoing of a top bedspread reduces the opportunity for lingering remnants of past occupants.

While the bathroom vanity is stylish the vessel sink is a splash maker. You will find water being splashed thoroughly around the perimeter of the sink. The shower is a doorless design. Therefore you will experience that initial burst of cold water as the handle is beyond reach to turn it on from outside the shower. However the water temperature is very quickly suitable. The shower head settings were too forceful. The towels are out of reach from the shower and the splash from the shower will wet the area directly outside the shower entry.

When connecting to the WiFi a page will display to state that the complimentary WiFi is limited in bandwidth to 1 mbs. If you require greater bandwidth for perhaps streaming it can be purchased for a fee on a daily basis.

Using the HD TV for connecting to a device is very difficult as the TV is mounted to the wall on fixed brackets blocking access to the HDMI inputs.

The coffee maker is a single cup design; poor for those traveling with another person and poor if you desire a larger cup of coffee.

Inclusion of a refrigerator is a convenient addition.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank m44
AngelenoGstRelations, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced and will share your comments with our management team. Thank you for letting us know how we can improve.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Well - the location was convenient, given where I had to be, but some people may not like being right over the highway. Nonetheless, it's a nice place, with good service, comfortable rooms, and the potential for a nice view if your room is high enough and facing the right direction.

There's nothing that stands out as awesome, but everything is done competently and well, creating a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the nice compliments regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here for two weeks the beginning of June for a hospital visit at UCLA. Everyone was so nice and accommodating. Skyler, not just a bell hop, but an outstanding person! ! He was always smiling and very helpful. Also, hats off to Greg and all the staff at the restaurant West. Outstanding! ! Thanks for everything. I'm missing my nightly wine hour. Hope to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank KJMetz
Gerald D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Hi KJMetz,

Thanks for the kind words about Skyler, Greg and our West Restaurant crew! I'm glad to hear about your great experience at the hotel.

We hope to see you soon.

Best Regards,

Ryan Boken
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 3 July 2014

a cheap hotel pretending to be somewhat expensive. bad and overpriced breakfast, average service. a holiday inn is better as they don't pretend fancy. so no more than three stars. there was some creepy mysterious water under the carpet, but although i asked to fix it, creepy water remained under the carpet. yak.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank NinaKhru

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My choice to stay at Hotel Angeleno started with the amazing help of Cara, the reservation specialist. She helped me not only decide this was the best place for me to stay for my event, but the rates she gave me, the upgrade I received, the additional amenities that made my vacation/event stay so much more conveinent including the shuttle and
driver service to and from my close destinations. Saved me from excessive paid parking headaches. Everyone at the hotel is very inviting, so courteous, and willing to help with anything. The drivers are friendly and so accommodating. The views from the private balconies are amazing. The food is excellent.
The continual upgrades they are doing there is awesome.
I will definitely stay here again. Even for a short
getaway. Highly recommend this hotel for any reason or need to stay.
Just call Cara.

• Stayed: July 2014
AngelenoGstRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Hey TamaraEx22014,

I'm glad to hear you had a great experience, from beginning to end! Cara is an asset to our operation and I can't wait to share this with her and the rest of our staff.

Until next time,

Ryan Boken
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The only reason, really, that this doesn't get 5 stars is the location; it's actually terrifically convenient to UCLA (where I had business), but it's also RIGHT on/off the highway. However, I give the planners of the hotel a ton of credit for designing the ground floor so that you'd really never know it. For instance, there is a terrific and apparently somehow soundproof wall and encloses the lovely pool area so you don't see or hear cars whizzing by. However, the view from the guest rooms, even on the top levels, leaves something to be desired...

I've stayed here before and would gladly come back. Valet parking for one car is free (leave yourself plenty of time to get your car before you go anywhere, though), the restaurant (West) on the top floor is excellent and there is a happy hour each evening. If that's not enough, the cafe offers not only snacks and coffee, but bottles of beer and mini bottles of wine to hold you over until West opens in the early evening. My friend and I made good use of that option by the pool! Front desk staff is helpful and friendly and they offered a very reasonable group rate. Given the option of this hotel and the ones in the more "downtown" area, where some of my colleagues were staying (sorry, I don't know LA very well), I'd choose this one in a second.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room that doesn't face the highway, though there's a good view of some mount...