“Great location!”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #45 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 20 August 2010

My daughter and I recently stayed at the Hotel Angeleno while visiting colleges in the Los Angeles area. The location is GREAT--unless you encounter a lot of traffic on the 405--then you SEE the hotel for a long time before you can GET to it!! :) It's located just between Brentwood and Bel-Air, adjacent to the 405 and Sunset Blvd. We were able to zip over to UCLA in minutes and Beverly Hills and Hollywood are also just a short drive down Sunset.

Rooms are nicely decorated with a cosmopolitan modern flair, although on the smallish side. We had a flat-screen tv, two phones, a desk, fridge (stocked with mini-bar stuff), coffee pot (with Wolfgang Puck coffee), blowdryer, iron, ironing board and plenty of drawer space.

The bathroom was VERY small, but they'd gotten creative with shelving and managed to fit everything in there nicely. Our blowdryer didn't work, but I'd brought my own so that wasn't a problem. The bathtub/shower was on the smallish side and had an almost-attacking shower curtain--the curved rod kept it from being too annoying.

Our fridge wouldn't get cold, so we called the front desk and had a replacement fridge (thankfully UNSTOCKED) in very quick time. I also had to ask the front desk several other questions (restaurant hours, pool location and hours, workout room location and hours, internet service options, etc.) because there was no information booklet in the room. The front desk person told me that they were in the process of re-doing those, so many rooms didn't have them. I found that a little frustrating, but I got over it! There was also no notepad, and only one pen (after a thorough search for THAT) in the room, so I don't know if that was part of the same problem. Internet service was free, although the signal was a little weak in our room.

The pool area was lovely, with cushioned lounge chairs and a fireplace and very cool lighting, but there was no hot tub. :( The workout room was very cool, with colored lights and a big screen tv. It almost had a nightclub vibe to it!

The hotel is circular with small balconies on all rooms. Ours overlooked the freeway, but I didn't notice any freeway noise--probably because the A/C unit was so loud! These units could use replacement, as they're noisy and not very effective. I was way too hot for most of the night, even with it set on the coldest setting.

Parking is valet-only and costs $20/night. Typical for L.A., but still pretty steep when you're paying $159 (at the very LOWEST) for a room.

The lobby is cool and sets the mood nicely. The elevators are FAST and we never had to wait long for one. We ate breakfast at the top-floor restaurant (The Wave) and it was VERY good, and the view is amazing. I went up at night to check it out and it would be a very nice place for a romantic dinner or drink in the bar with all the lights of L.A. below you.

This hotel is nice, and could be even NICER (bordering on lush) if a few more improvements were made. To be fair, it's WAY more affordable than the Hotel Luxe which is just a block away, and the price is very reasonable considering the location. I would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2010

Stayed here over a long weekend to be with family and a convocation at UCLA. Great location for so many things....only traveled on the freeway once....to get back to LAX!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Hotel Angeleno offers a convenient location for my business trips to Los Angeles as it has easy access to the 405 freeway and Sunset Boulevard. I visit Los Angeles quite often and have stayed at many of the city's hotels. My first choice is always the Hotel Angeleno because I can depend on clean and comfortable rooms with a view of the city or the Getty Museum. The staff is courteous and service oriented and they really make it feel like a home away from home to me. It has a great lounge and restaurant so I don't need to drive to dine. I can't think of a better place to stay given the amenities and the price for a boutique hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I can not say enough about the customer service at the Hotel Angeleno. I have been a regular guest for a couple years and could not ask for a better experience each and every visit. The staff is friendly, efficient and greats you by name after only one introduction. Edith, at the front desk, takes such good care of me I feel like she is family. It is clear the staff loves their job and truly care about the experience of each guest.

The rooms are cozy with very comfortable beds and pillows. The pool area is gorgeous with an outdoor fireplace for evening enjoyment.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My company has been sending our team members to stay at the Hotel Angeleno since April 2008. All of your staff there is attentive and accommodating, but Edith's guest care is beyond excellence. She always ensures our hotel arrangements are in the system, greets us with a smile, remembers our names and what we do for our company. Edith always makes me and my team members feel at home when we stay there with extra special touches and attention to detail. It is because of Edith and the amazing service that we stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We loved our three-night stay at the Hotel Angeleno - it's right off the 405 at Sunset Blvd. - easy to get out to the beach or over to the Valley. The rooms were comfortable, the bed was super and the restaurant is great - food, service and general 1960's era ambience - with a tremendous view from 17 floors up - and the first night we ate there they had a cool hipster jazz band that totally cooked! And it's right next to the Getty Museum, too.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2010

As mentioned by many people before, this hotel doesn't have an ideal location due to its being right by the freeway. However the noise isn't unbearable provided that you keep the windows shut; a shame since every room has a small balcony, but you just wouldn't feel like standing out there since the view isn't breathtaking either. The rooms are what you expect from a classic American hotel, ie. clean and comfortable. I would basically recommend this hotel of you're in LA/Santa Monica on business ad don't mind spending a lot of time driving around.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business