Hotel Angeleno
US$335
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$245
  • Breakfast included
US$355
US$319
  • Restaurant
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$313
US$297
  • Beachfront
US$337
US$309
US$493
US$452
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$268
  • Restaurant
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$904
US$405
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$438
US$377
  • Beachfront
1,867 results
All reviewstop floorwest restaurantgetty museumfree valet parkingfront deskfreeway sidesanta monicaoutdoor fireplaceholiday inncomplimentary winewine hoursunset blvdbeverly hillsroad noisebel airucla campusmile radius
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Having stayed at this hotel two years previous, I was intrigued to see how the hotel would have changed. I'd have to say it got a lot better! Better service from all the staff from the valet, to the reception desk and the bar staff.
The rooms are very cosy and can be a little small for 4 people with four suitcases, but you make it work. The beds are to die for! The best beds I've ever slept on in any hotel around the world period!
The view from the hotel bar on the top floor is amazing! You get a great view of LA from the beach to the hills - not to mention the 405 traffic during rush hour while you sip your cocktail or beer! :)
Location wise is excellent for Hollywood, Beverly Hills, UCLA, Santa Monica, theme parks etc. Although, there is not many stores nearby to pick up some water or snacks so plan ahead as the minibar can be expensive.
The only parking available is valet and is quite expensive, but this is LA afteral, so it's to be expected. So factor this cost in for staying at this hotel. It's well worth it for a couple of days.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

Dear kmalho

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. It is great to hear that you have noticed our improvements over the last two years.

I wanted to share some great news with you about the cost of our valet parking. It is now complimentary. Having listened to the concerns of our guests, we have decided to eliminate this cost in an effort to improve the guest experience.

At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

Reviewed 30 December 2010

We had three nights at the Angeleno & found it to be as good as anywhere else. The staff are extremely friendly & very helpful. Jorge on the desk was particularly helpful with lots of good advice regarding day trips, we took his advice & enjoyed all the trips.
The top floor restaurant is top quality if a little expensive however this does keep the clientel a little above the fast food munchers. The food is perfectly cooked, presented & served. The hotel does run a free mini bus to a nearby shopping centre which is usefull as there is nowhere near the hotel to get any day to day needs. That is the only drawback as it is surrounded by freeways, major roads & dual carriageways. This is a problem if you want to go for a walk as there is nowhere you can safely go. We wanted to walk to the Getty museum & gallery that we could see from our room which I would estimate was about 10 minutes away but we were strongly advised to get a taxi as it would be too dangerous to walk. Then off course with all this traffic there is a lot of noise even with all the windows shut etc', I strongly recommend you take ear plugs & use them.
We enjoyed our stay at the Angeleno & would stay there again and take our earplugs!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2010

nice pool, room and friendly compitent staff. it is too close to the freeway, but in a great part of LA. The price made it competely worth it. don't be afraid of the freeway.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2010

Dear ivyc

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words about the staff with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno; they love to hear positive things about themselves.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2010

Stayed for 2 nights in August, great hotel, lovely rooms and facilities BUT its located right on the highway which is never mentioned anywhere, cant walk anywhere, have to catch a cab.
I had great things to say about this hotel until now - 3 months AFTER my stay, they have debited, credited and generally Messed up my account. My credit cards have now been blocked (as I reported fraudulent activity) and my accounts have been frozen leaving me in a really bad situation. Their accounts system is a mess and SA Bank policy is 45 days now to sort out this dispute before I will have access to MY money again. I am Furious!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank DurbanTraceyL

Dear DurbanTraceyL

Thank you very much for your comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno.

I apologize for the issue you had with your credit card. I am racking my brain but cannot think of how your credit card could have been charged all this time later. Please let me know if this issue has not been taken care of.

At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay and how we can improve.

Reviewed 9 November 2010

It was actually october 2009, there was no date in the list, not gonna say too much in case they put the price up!! a great hotel, the staff are lovely and it was very reasonably priced, a great place to explore the rest of LA,will be back

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ebonycello

Dear Ebonycello

I love the title of your review, "Wow"! Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. The staff was very excited for your review and kind words.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.