“Unless going to Price is Right- Do Not Stay Here!”

Rodeway Inn Los Angeles
Ranked #188 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Calgary
“Unless going to Price is Right- Do Not Stay Here!”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I booked 4 nights two months in advance on the Choice Hotels website, to stay with my two teen daughters to attend dance classes in Hollywood, and was excited to stay due to location to the Grove Shopping and Beverly Centre. We had just checked out from a two nights stay at another Choice Hotel on Sunset, which was great due to the location but also very noisy from traffic. I was looking forward to what I thought would be a quieter neighbourhood and nicer hotel. I had booked two queens, and the "larger" room according to the description online. What a joke I got. The beds were Double, the room and bathroom were tiny and had no room for the three of us and our three suitcases. The room I was given was directly on Beverly, above the lobby and had a bus stop outside the window. All i could hear was traffic. When I went and asked for a quieter room with the larger room and queen beds I was told I had, I was told they were Queen and that was the only Room available.. I did not sleep at all the first night as the noise from the traffic all night was unbearable, next to the bus stop that housed two homeless guys who kept yelling all night and the busses that stopped outside our window. The next morning, I again asked to be moved to a room near the back and was told again they had no rooms available. The woman at the front desk showed no interest in my issues, nor did she try to be empathetic to our concerns. She was also the front desk manager. I checked out and then heard them call me a name in Spanish conversation between herself and the woman servicing the breakfast table.
The rooms are small and noisy (could use new windows with thicker panes), the parking garage underground was a joke and had extreme difficulty going around corner and up ramp to get out without scratching my rental car, and the front desk management was totally uncomplacent.
I checked out after one night and paid a few bucks more, and stayed somewhere else. I would never recommend this motel to anyone, even if it was free.

Room Tip: Across the street from Price is right Studio, but has nothing else good going for it.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrea G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Monterey County, California
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

1. Parking garage below only had about 10 spaces and was very difficult to exit
2. Major construction going on. Stairs from garage to property were torn up and unusable. But if they were available to use, anyone off the street could access the garage stairwell. Very sketchy feeling
3. Hot and humid in the building. Hallways were long corridors and a few strange people wandering around
4. Asked man at desk if I could see the room first and he tossed key card at me
5. New carpet and paint. Rooms looked very clean and nice but really small and claustrophobic.
6. Air wasnt working well
I was traveling alone with my daughter and felt like we would need to barricade our door to be safe.
I couldnt bring myself to stay
The desk attendant was mean and rude totally not understanding. I had to stop charge at my bank
I would not stay there

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Nancy831

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

New Mexico
Reviewed 25 February 2013

not fancy, no busness center or gym...but also no pretense.. the location, cleanilness and safety was perfect for a girlfriend weekend in Los Angeles. looking for a place to base ourselves for several days, not looking for luxury but a good night's sleep, we chose this place. Located across from CBS Studio City, walking distance to The Grove and the LA Farmers Market, there is a bus route to downtown right in front. and it was oh-so-conveneint to a range of restaurants, a wonderful natural-foods market, coffee shops, and NAIL SPAS!!!!!

though the rooms are small, this older hotel was very clean, the beds comfortable ( and i have sleep issues!), everything was spotless and in working order. the bathrooms all have bathtubs.

the breakfast was a step up from than the bottom-tier packaged danish- it included fresh bagels with cream cheese, juices and waffles, as well as apples and oranges in the lobby all day.

Don't count on the front desk, however, for any help getting around the city or discovering what to do. They were pleasant but usually language was a barrier and they were not well-informed about the city. As a very independent and confiident traveler, however, this was nveer an issue for us.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank southam97
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Chose this hotel because it was right across the street from The Price Is Right studios, and the price was good. Front lobby and most of the hallways were under major construction, which I suppose in not avoidable, but still makes for a slight annoyance when there is banging going on all afternoon and evening while I was trying to work.

Room itself was small but clean, no bed bugs, and in a pretty nice location with restaurants, drug store and some nice shops nearby. Wi-Fi was strong and worked as advertised.

No shuttle bus from airport so required a $50 taxi ride each way unless you want to take public transportation.

Overall no regrets.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We initially had chosen a hotel near LAX, but the area turned out to be very sketchy (almost dangerous), so we went for a plan B and chose this hotel. The room is very small, but at least it was clean and had all the necessities. The complimentary breakfast was decent. The great thing about this hotel is the location, very close to Beverly Hills and the other nice places to see in the northern part of LA. In hindsight, I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
San Carlos, California
Reviewed 16 November 2012

It's the location. Older area of LA, older style motel remodeled by Rodeway. Rooms are small, halls are narrow. Breakfast is basic - nothing fancy. But the beds are comfy, the room is clean. I would recommend as a place to get a good night's sleep, as long as you keep the fan on for "white noise".
The garage is very cramped, but you can't find street parking either. If you have a small care, it's fine.
I would recommend to the hotel that you do some updating of the garage, halls and hallway floors and create an inside space to eat the breakfast.
We also have stayed at the Farmers Daughter across the street for double the price. I would stay here again based on the price.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Catlohr
gold coast
Reviewed 8 November 2012

After staying at the Rodeway Inn back in 2010, we had no hesitation in returning on our trip to LA in August 2012. It's true that this hotel is basic but with it's fantastic location, free breakfast, reasonable pricing and clean and comfortable rooms, it is all you need as a base to explore LA. Close to The Grove, Farmers Market, Melrose Ave and plenty of shops and restaurants. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Only some rooms face onto Genesee Ave where you might hear some traffic noise/people walking by. Thi...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple